So where else do you hang out around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since we're all being encouraged to hang out in other places...

(No more loitering. Move along. Nothing to see here.)

...where else do you waste spend your time? I like to hang out in Share Your Work. It's like getting a free ezine where you can converse with the authors of the articles. How much fun is that?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I visit Novel Writing, SYW (critiques), poetry once in a while, the Technical Writing area and read stuff, sometimes TIO and OP (too much actuall), the Newbees area, and a few other forums. I did two critques today and need to finish my quota for the year.

How's that?

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
I mostly go to the novel board, the bewares board, and anywhere that has an interesting sounding Latest Thread.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Novels mainly. I love SYW, and I try to read everything in the horror genre plus others. However, it's more time intensive than the other forums, and since I'm at work I have to hang around after closing, so I only do it once or twice a week. Most of my posts there are evening for that reason.
I like the horror genre board, but there aren't too many threads there, and now and then I hit up exercises, and short fiction.
I neglect the poor newbies, and never even introduced myself there because I'm a big jerk.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Never too late, jbal. Go intro yourself. Funniest part is that you'll undoubtedly encounter a few people who will not know you and will not notice that you've already posted 553 times, and will welcome you inappropriately. ;)

I'm a "New Posts" devotee, so I tend to just post wherever a thread sounds interesting.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
I like to jump on Newbies when they arrive - just to scare them, you understand. I also pop into the Novels, Short Stories and Blogging Forums often - and poke my nose into the Haiku threads in the Poetry Forum.

I should be heading over to the Share Your Work forums too, but I seem to have put my critiquing head in a safe place and forgotten where I left it, so I haven't.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Mom-I only hang in the poetry game anyone-used to hang around and have a lot of fun in the different forums-but since Persi has been banned permanently and a lot of the other folks that I used to have fun with have abandoned ship-well-that is what I mainly do

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I do the Novel forum primarily (probably more primarily than OP, these days) and the Short Fiction forum. I venture into the poetry forum now and then, am deeply impressed and intimidated and leave again. I also visit the Share Your Work forums, mostly SciFi/Fantasy and Horror. I also sit in the Comic Books forum and glumly wait for one of the three people who know about it to post there... :)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
davids said:
Hi Mom-I only hang in the poetry game anyone-used to hang around and have a lot of fun in the different forums-but since Persi has been banned permanently and a lot of the other folks that I used to have fun with have abandoned ship-well-that is what I mainly do

Persi got banned?

I'm never leaving again! Too much happens while I'm gone, I spend months returning and being beleagured!

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
jbal, I sent you a PM, just to keep this thread on-topic. ;)

I spend the majority of my time (nowadays at least) in Novel Writing and the SFF genre board. I can also be seen sneaking around in Blogging, Screenwriting, Horror, Mystery/Thriller, OP, and a few others.

Lately I have tried to be more active in SYW, specifically in the Queries and SFF sections. And I've also pledged to greet more newbies. :)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I read a bit of everything but mostly post in Newbies, Novels, Writing exercises, and here in OP. Occasionally I throw a post or two in somewhere else. I enter SYW tentatively because I don't like to hurt people's feelings by being too critical. I'm always happy to congratulate people in G&A too. I love to see good folks achieving good things.

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
I enter SYW tentatively because I don't like to hurt people's feelings by being too critical.
Ha! You were brutal with Jean today in SYW. I'm so proud of you.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Ha! You were brutal with Jean today in SYW. I'm so proud of you.

Only because she asked me very nicely :D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
I just try to wreak havoc and ooze chaos wherever I can. Right now, I'm on my way over to a birthday thread with a nice box of ping pong balls.....

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I hadn't read that thread either, or been entirely aware that the TIO had been moved...but like I said, I don't think I've ever actually gone in there, so no big whoop.

Here's an additional question for this thread: If you had to pick just one area around here to hang out in (which, thankfully, you don't) which would it be?

For me, it'd probably be the Novel Writing forum. Er. Or possibly the Short Fiction forum. (good job, Pete, you broke your own rule.)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
I neglect the poor newbies, and never even introduced myself there because I'm a big jerk.

*laughs insanely*

I introduced myself in NEPAT over a year ago and got welcomed by Jenna, but it wasn't until almost a year later that I found out there was a Newbies forum where you were supposed to introduce yourself.

Jenna said:
Never too late, jbal. Go intro yourself. Funniest part is that you'll undoubtedly encounter a few people who will not know you and will not notice that you've already posted 553 times, and will welcome you inappropriately. ;)

I considered trying that, but thought it would be ridiculous for someone who's been here 1 1/2 years and had 1,800-plus posts to introduce myself in the Newbies forum. Most people know me already.

Heh. Maybe I'll just do it for kicks. ;)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes, to actually answer the question:

NEPAT, Bewares board, Writing Novels, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, OP, TIO, and wherever there's a recent post in a thread that sounds interesting.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I go to the poetry forum. I :heart: poetry. Novel writing. And recently started looking at paying markets, freelancing, biz writing. And I like to lurk in, and occasionally when prompted, post in TIO and the newly formed political theory and current events forums. I find I rarely am insightful or educated enough in those topics to contribute substantially, but I learn a lot, and get to give an opinion, so I go. It's educational...and fun.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I lurk in the Paying Markets forum happily, except on nights like tonight when my hands are too cold to type properly, and then we discover that I lurk in the meerkats forum, which we need to get one of (Jenna? When can we have a Meerkats Forum?)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I read poetry, check the writing for magazines forum, the sci-fi forum, the humor forum, the historical writing forum, the sportswriting forum, and there's another one, I'm forgetting...

oh yeah, I spend a little bit of time in TIO.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I hang around in PeeDee's basement waiting to get fed. But no, he's always hanging around here or walking the fricken dog or taking out the garbage. Will someone please alert the press, I'm ready to make a statement.

45190274_91ffa84c42_m.jpg

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Quiet, Spooky! You finished mending those shoes yet? Huh? Wal-Mart won't be pleased if you haven't!

Here. Bread. I found it in the street when I went out to walk a dog that I didn't previously realize I own. Make sure you share it with Juan.

Status
Not open for further replies.