bye y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

deacon

after a couple of days of soul-searching over this board i have arrived at the conclusion that it is no longer a place i care to be a part of. there are a few interesting posters left here, but the majority of the serious posters have left, or are leaving, and i just can't find anything interesting, anymore.

i know i could stay in the newbie forum or the query letter forum (both of which i have contributed) but you can't stay there indefinitely. there has to be other interests. i was one of the minority that really liked the intense heat that was generated in tio. no matter what the topic you could always count on heartfelt discussions, and even if you were just an observer you still could feel the heat.

it seems like the only place left that is thriving is HOL and i just don't have the kind of imagination it takes to hang out there. it may be my loss, but i just seem to have outgrown my need to pretend i'm in a hot tub having sex and drinking alcohol. but, to each his own. i guess you just can't beat true "relevancy".

to most of you: i really enjoyed talking to you and all the joking around. thanks for the laughs.
to some of you: loosen up and remove the stick. life is short, enjoy it while it's here. get over the small stuff.

bravo, i didn't want to give you a big head, so i didn't say too much about it, but you were really a fun guy to read. some of your stuff made me laugh, some made me mad, and some made me think. and that last one is the most important on any writing board. thanks, pal! guess i'll follow bird and the gang down the road.

now, miss jenna, if you would kindly delete me, i'll doff my hat to you all and make my exit without any trace of ill will.

oh yeah, i won't let the door hit me!

deacon

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
*sigh*

what's w the "deleting of account" thing?

i like you deacon, but this is silly.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll miss you around here. Sorry you feel the need to leave. :(

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Bravo said:
*sigh*

what's w the "deleting of account" thing?
Ditto that. Why is it that 'most every time someone flounces, they also demand that the mods delete their account? Sometimes they even request that their posts all be deleted, too.

Why not just... go?

Does the existence of the account still in the database somehow drrrrraw people back, magnet-wise? Or are they concerned that they'll be taking up a userid someone else could use to better advantage? Are they afraid they will give in to temptation and make a fool of themselves coming back after flouncing?

Or are they hoping to just erase the fact that they were ever here, make it "unhappen," just because they're embarrassed or upset or annoyed at themselves for wasting their time?

If it were me, I'd turn off PMs in my profile, turn on emails so people could still find me, give my goodbye speech, and then just not log on again. (But it won't be me, 'cause I can't frickin' stay away.)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Deacon, if everyone leaves and deletes their accounts, AW will be a desert. Please keep Jenna's rule in mind: No one else is allowed to leave forever! (Do we need Billy the Enforcer? Is he still here? Please don't say he's gone forever, too...) It's getting ridiculous, long-time well-respected members deleting their memberships or considering leaving. Me, Kiko, Jenna, and a few others managed to convince Davids (a.k.a. Creepy Dave) to stay after all.

I like you, Deacon, and I'd hate it if you left forever. I haven't even known you for very long. If you must leave, that's fine, but consider some of your other friends who post here.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
im sad again.

:(

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Look at me! Look at me! I'm leaving!

Okay. Adios.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
NicoleJLeBoeuf said:
Ditto that. Why is it that 'most every time someone flounces, they also demand that the mods delete their account? Sometimes they even request that their posts all be deleted, too.

Why not just... go?
BECAUSEEEEEEEE they are afraid if they go noone will miss them and then noone will try to talk them out of going. :D Besides any decent writer has a flair for the dramatic *RUNS AND HIDES*

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe deleting the account is the only way to come back as someone else, you know, like those evil twins in all the daytime soaps? Hey, I'm just asking.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
quidscribis said:
Or just not even bother with the melodramatic goodbye speech and just go. *sigh*
Especially when, apparently, we're no longer interesting to him.

The flounce only makes sense if you want to lurk back and see how many people protest... like attending your own funeral. Or if you think you might come back sometime. If you really like most of the people here, you'll (a) stick around, or (b) communicate with them outside the boards. There's no need for the dramatics.

Having said that, I liked Deacon. (Third person is okay; he's gone.)

Alan Yee said:
Deacon, if everyone leaves and deletes their accounts, AW will be a desert.
Um... as opposed to a bunch of registered users who never post? What's the difference?

If you don't want to be here, don't be here. More beer for the rest of us.

If this forum doesn't hold anything interesting to people, they're better off leaving. Having them in the numbers doesn't help anyone.

Deleted member 42

"I'm gonna take my toys and I'm going home!"

Only I'm not.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Be nice folks.
Spooky, I understand the sentiment, but no. He wasn't even nice about leaving.

Have another look at this:

deacon said:
there are a few interesting posters left here, but the majority of the serious posters have left, or are leaving, and i just can't find anything interesting, anymore.
His view of AW extends, apparently, only to the borders of OP and TIO. This isn't the place for him. Tears shed: 0.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nevermind, Poet. I'm just kind of irritated. If he wants to leave, he can leave. I'm just hoping no one else I like leaves.

GPatten

Dang...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
forum.m1911.org
Deacon, most people reach a point where they no longer wish to post all that much. After a few months, they eventually return and post once in a while. I’d leave you account active is I were you.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
There's always going to be some turnover, Alan. That's part of a largish community. People are here, they move on, then new people come in. Just think--not so long ago, none of us knew you, either. :)

I'm going to lock this, folks. Deacon has had his flounce, and spit on the floor on his way out.

Whatever.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
Spooky, I understand the sentiment, but no. He wasn't even nice about leaving.

Have another look at this:

His view of AW extends, apparently, only to the borders of OP and TIO. This isn't the place for him. Tears shed: 0.
Granted, but we can be nice and not sling mud over our shoulders with trivial insults. Should we not be better people than deacon in our attitudes?

Just say "so long" and let it go at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.