This rejection was better than most of my acceptances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapsburg

An editor rejected my novel last year, citing a similar work under contract as the chief reason, but included a two page response to what she felt worked and what didn't. She even penciled notes in the manuscript as to what she was thinking about parts and was very complimentary, asking me to send a synopsis of other works. well, if that wasn't good enough, I sent a synop yesterday for a work in progress, nearly a year later, and she responded the next day with:

I remember your manuscript very well.
I meant it when I said I was interested in hearing about your other work. If you do finish the novel, please do send it our way.

So I feel pretty good about that, nay, I'm thrilled. If I get this kind of personal attention as a rejectee imagine if I'm under contract...For once I actually believe the compliments editors use to soften the blow...

Stace001

Congratulations Hapsburg!! I myself have received a rejection letter similar to that, and I was so pleased that she'd taken the time to write personally. I have since re-written the manuscript she reviewed and have emailed it back to her (as she requested) so fingers crossed for both of us.

You can rest assured that if she has taken the time to write in detail and asked to see your future work, you're on a winner.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.