WackAMole
10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
argh!!! Am i at 50 yet???

Unique
10-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Go write some poems, Wackamole.

aadams73
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
No, you're not at 50 yet :) But it looks like you can post just fine.

DOH! It just occured to me what you meant. Here's a way to get a another post: go to the novels forum and add your congrats to Liam Jackson on his book release :)

Haggis
10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey, Wack. Not to worry. Just get busy in a few other areas and you can get your post count up in a hurry. Welcome a noob, crit a story, or abuse Unique. It's all good.

MacAllister
10-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Heck, yeah--Sorry about that, Wackamole--my fault...I didn't realize you didn't have 50 posts, yet.

Absolutely, go welcome some new folks, crit a couple of stories, talk about your favorite books, play some writing games, or check out some of the genre conversations...It's fun and nutritious!

Cath
10-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Oooh, does it count as a portion of fruit and veg, Mac?

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 07:47 PM
LOl poems? I dont write poetry and theres a reason for it..

I feel censored *CRY*

But seriously, No problem, I understand, I need to get back to work anyway :P

*shuffles away dejectedly*

OMG my thread is going and i cant reply..and i want to sooo bad...this is awful absolutely awful DEATH TO SPAMMERS

robeiae
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
:roll:

I'm truly sorry, but this is the funniest thing ever! WackAMole, insist on your rights! PM Mac any posts you want to make to your thread and tell her in no uncertain terms to post them for you! And she darn well better not log off anytime until you have your 50 posts!

MacAllister
10-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Wack, it's mostly targetted at encouraging new member to do something besides get themselves forever stuck in the "play" threads. :) There are lots of writing-related threads on the board just waitin' for you.

ETA: This is exactly how it's supposed to work, btw. But you can PM robeiae with those replies, too.

Stew21
10-04-2006, 07:58 PM

I'm truly sorry, but this is the funniest thing ever! WackAMole, insist on your rights! PM Mac any posts you want to make to your thread and tell her in no uncertain terms to post them for you! And she darn well better not log off anytime until you have your 50 posts!

you're evil.

robeiae
10-04-2006, 08:02 PM
you're evil.
I'm bad news, lady.

So look at me now, I'm just makin' my play
Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

aadams73
10-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh so now you think you're all Robby Rob? Next thing we know you'll be wearing grillz and dancing around on VH1 on your very own show, Robber of Love.

robeiae
10-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Oh so now you think you're all Robby Rob? Next thing we know you'll be wearing grillz and dancing around on VH1 on your very own show, Robber of Love.

"What are you writing?... What the **** is this? 'Serious Injury List'? *Serious* injury list? Are you ****ing kidding me?"

"Number eighteen in 2006, aadams73 squeezed and pulled and hurt my neck in 2006."

Bravo
10-04-2006, 08:11 PM
10 bucks says mac saw wackamole's screenname and just couldnt resist.

:D

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 08:13 PM
10 bucks says mac saw wackamole's screenname and just couldnt resist.

:D

LOL whats wrong with my screen name

TrainofThought
argh!!! Am i at 50 yet??? I know. I had a big response and they moved it under TIO. I never post under TIO, but I responded to you and had to standup for my rights.

Go congratulate Liam on his new book.

Bravo
it invites ppl to wack you down and see where you pop back up.

Stew21
10-04-2006, 08:14 PM
nothing's wrong with it, she just decided to whack you once upside the head with her squashed gopher. :)

Stew21
10-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I'm bad news, lady.

So look at me now, I'm just makin' my play
Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

"No one ever accused me of bein' a lady."

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
nothing's wrong with it, she just decided to whack you once upside the head with her squashed gopher. :)

I think im going to write some bad poetry to torment you

im a noob
yes its true

but u moved my post
and made me blue

now im at work
and i cant spam

damn you mac
wac i am!

Cath
10-04-2006, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't count here.

Post it in the Poetry crit thread and see what response you get - dare you!

On second thoughts....

Stew21
10-04-2006, 08:17 PM
you realize as long as you keep posting on this thread in OP that your post count won't go up either, right? :)

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't count here.

Post it in the Poetry crit thread and see what response you get - dare you!

On second thoughts....

lol i love u guys
u make me laugh

no one should enjoy themselves this much at work :P

aadams73
10-04-2006, 08:21 PM
"What are you writing?... What the **** is this? 'Serious Injury List'? *Serious* injury list? Are you ****ing kidding me?"

"Number eighteen in 2006, aadams73 squeezed and pulled and hurt my neck in 2006."

I_Shrugged
10-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Try out some of the games in Writing Exercises, Prompts, and Games (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33), Wack. I like the 'Say the First Word that Comes to Mind' thread (but I had to unsubscribe from it. I was spending too much time thinking of what word I would have used.) I also enjoyed the 'excuses excuses excuses' thread and the 'Your Wish is Granted' one. You should be up to 50 posts in no time. Also, go greet some newbies, give us your rejection stories, give some kudos in the achievements forum. There's so much to do here, I could spend all day (and sometimes do).

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Try out some of the games in Writing Exercises, Prompts, and Games (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33), Wack. I like the 'Say the First Word that Comes to Mind' thread (but I had to unsubscribe from it. I was spending too much time thinking of what word I would have used.) I also enjoyed the 'excuses excuses excuses' thread and the 'Your Wish is Granted' one. You should be up to 50 posts in no time. Also, go greet some newbies, give us your rejection stories, give some kudos in the achievements forum. There's so much to do here, I could spend all day (and sometimes do).

LOl i really dont care about post count :) Never even thought about it until I found out I couldnt respond to my own thread anymore LOL

I'll post writing stuff later and for the record...I have posted some writing questions too :P so im not just a lurker. (Although, lurking is one of my favorite past times)

robeiae
10-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Alright, this has gone on long enough. Move this thread to TIO, Mac.

:ROFL:

SpookyWriter
10-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Alright, this has gone on long enough. Move this thread to TIO, Mac.

:ROFL:Not so, I say we let Wack continue posting here until he reaches the magic number. :D

Cath
10-04-2006, 11:31 PM
And I thought we were supposed to be nice to the newbies...

(well, pretend to be anway)

Maryn
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Maybe I'm just the bitter old woman who shakes her broom at the neighbor kids on their bikes, but this is a writing site that happens to offer a soapbox from which the members may rant. I don't choose to encourage those who only wish to mount the soapbox and be heard but do not avail themselves of the site's main purpose.

Maryn, who can make herself sound classy but doesn't usually bother

deacon
10-05-2006, 12:21 AM
wack, go to HOL and post 'yay' 29 times. you're in, pal!

aadams73
10-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Except, Deacon, that OP posts don't contribute to the total number of posts now :)

WackAMole
10-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Maybe I'm just the bitter old woman who shakes her broom at the neighbor kids on their bikes, but this is a writing site that happens to offer a soapbox from which the members may rant. I don't choose to encourage those who only wish to mount the soapbox and be heard but do not avail themselves of the site's main purpose.

Maryn, who can make herself sound classy but doesn't usually bother

This is my way of getting to know people before I bare my soul by sharing my writing. Writing is a VERY personal craft at times and I like to feel people out before I start posting my stuff. Im funny that way. I am not a soapbox starter and I had no intention of starting one. I just wanted to frigging get to know people..and it has TOTALLY backfired on me..

Not everyone is a troublemaker and not everyone cares about their post count. And I am NOT just trying to be heard...You have totally misunderstood me..totally and completely.

And if you will notice I have posted a few writing questions as well, though I am afraid of feeling stupid. It seems i have apparently already done that.

I will refrain from posting any more inane subjects that have anything to do with anything but writing. Im sorry if i offended you.

MacAllister
10-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Wack, you haven't offended anyone. You're still welcome to post in OP, and get to know people. Local customs discourage you from starting current events threads in the wrong room--that's all anyone is saying.

:)

ETA--the Georgia Mom thread is in novels, now--it seemed like a good fit, and it IS writing related. Please bear with us. It's a bit of a shakedown voyage for the new structure.

Maryn
10-05-2006, 01:03 AM
Hiya, Wack. Writing is indeed deeply personal. (Ask any erotica writer.) I may have misinterpreted your initial foray here as soapboxing.

I'm not offended, simply uncomprehending. (I'm used to it.) See, I wouldn't post socio-political stuff as a way to get to know people. Obviously, you would. Different strokes, yada-yada.

I truly hope you'll move past feeling foolish when what you don't yet know becomes visible on the 'serious' boards. I figure I'm never going to catch up with the experienced folks here, y'know? That's why I've hatched a fiendish plan for-- well, you'll see. You'll all see. Oh, yes, you'll see, all right...

Management here won't tolerate anyone belittling others for asking questions about the craft and marketing, especially if the question suggests the poster has tried to figure it out. That's a major plus to this site, IMO, competent moderation pretty much all the time.

You can and probably should get really comfortable here before sharing anything you've written, if that's what works for you. Maybe you could get your feet wet offering feedback to other writers in Share Your Work, in any genre which you read.

It's scary showing your work. Maybe you won't ever want to share it with everyone, but will PM (private message) a few whose opinions you trust.

Anyway, fresh start, okay? I'll keep an eye out for you at the writing boards that I visit. Who knows, maybe I'll even know an answer, eh?

Maryn ("It could happen!")

deacon
10-05-2006, 01:48 AM
Except, Deacon, that OP posts don't contribute to the total number of posts now :)
...oh, yeah.

Kasey Mackenzie
10-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Hey, Wack, if you want I'll reply in TIO for you. I may even reply with what you ask me to say rather than making up funny replies and claiming they're from you...Oops, did I say that last bit aloud?

Hrm...time to wander around making random posts until I finally make it over that 400 post hump. I was almost there when we had that glitch in May and then I became so disheartened I mostly lurked for awhile...Guess I'm over that now!

aadams73
10-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Im sorry if i offended you.

Aww heck, you haven't offended anyone :)

Just join on in when you're good and ready.

Unique
10-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I think im going to write some bad poetry to torment you

im a noob
yes its true

but u moved my post
and made me blue

now im at work
and i cant spam

damn you mac
wac i am!

:hooray: YAY! Go put it in the chapbook. You can explain it if you want. ;)

rtilryarms
10-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Miss Mole, Mother of two. You are really trying the patience of people going out of there way for you. If you cannot recognize that then I am telling you straight out.
I know you have rules in your house and you only have 2 to worry about. There are over 10,000 people signed up here and at least 2,500 who are active. Of the 2,500 maybe 10 are troublemakers.
So we have rules. Either get over it or not. The rules are for everybody, you are not singled out.

I can tell you that we are not interested in 11 troublemakers.

WackAMole
10-05-2006, 03:10 AM
Miss Mole, Mother of two. You are really trying the patience of people going out of there way for you. If you cannot recognize that then I am telling you straight out.
I know you have rules in your house and you only have 2 to worry about. There are over 10,000 people signed up here and at least 2,500 who are active. Of the 2,500 maybe 10 are troublemakers.
So we have rules. Either get over it or not. The rules are for everybody, you are not singled out.

I can tell you that we are not interested in 11 troublemakers.

You know what? was that really frigging necessary. OMG i am NOT a troublemaker..i am just making conversation. This is totally uncalled for and thank you for reminding me of the rules...I GOT THE FRIGGING POINT ALREADY..gawd

Please if anyone else would like to jump in and embarass the living crap out of me publicly please do so now..and get it over with...and next time would you mind posting that kind of crap to me privately so the whole world doesnt have to see it

WackAMole
10-05-2006, 03:13 AM
I would honestly like to ask if someone would please remove all my threads here.

When it gets to the point that i feel like crying I've had enough..just take em off. Ill stick to writing topics..

Please..just take my posts down..I made a mistake and assumed ppl wouldnt mind me jumping in and starting conversations..i was wrong..please..please who do i ask to remove all my posts?

aadams73
10-05-2006, 03:18 AM
What's with the melodramatic hissy fit? Everyone here has been as nice a pie to you, not to mention totally helpful in suggesting ways you can improve you post count so you can contribute to your thread now located in Take It Outside.

Take a deep breath, relax, and you'll see we're good people.

jbal
10-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Yeah seriously, settle down.

rtilryarms
10-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Mole,

I gave you a 2 day time out. It is not permenant yet, pending a Mod review.

alleycat
10-05-2006, 03:22 AM
I'd vote for deleting this one thread (not that I have a vote).

WackAMole may just have gotten off on the wrong foot. I noticed she's posted in several other forums.

Let's just call this discussion done. Then when she gets to 50 posts, she can post in TIO all she wants.

I_Shrugged
10-05-2006, 03:23 AM
Well, that was a little weird.

aadams73
Oops. Looks like someone just got banned.

JennaGlatzer
(Mike was privvy to something others may not have seen: the OTHER thread WackAMole started to complain-- which was deleted-- plus the PMs about how she's being censored and discriminated against, plus this: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=840650&postcount=17. It's hard to work up that much melodrama in 24 posts... I don't see this as a good sign of things to come.)

aadams73
10-05-2006, 03:25 AM
I saw the deleted thread in Newbies and wondered what happened. I only wish my characters could work up that much melodrama.

jbal
10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Is Mike rtilryarms?
ETA: because if so, I thought maybe he had seen something I hadn't. I'm inclined to take his side though because I know him to be a good guy.

I_Shrugged
10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Wow.

ETA. I mean, Wow. This whole thread has just floored the hooey out of me. I haven't been here long, but does this happen often?

JennaGlatzer
10-05-2006, 03:32 AM
(Yep, Mike is rtilryarms.)

Stew21
10-05-2006, 03:46 AM
sad ending.

Cath
10-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Shame - I think Whack acually had something to offer, but like Jenna says, the hissyfit is not a good sign.

Some you win, I guess. :Shrug:

robeiae
10-05-2006, 04:10 AM
I want a privy.

robeiae
10-05-2006, 04:12 AM
I'm inclined to take his side though because I know him to be a good guy.Where have I heard that before...

(Mike is a good guy)

rtilryarms
10-05-2006, 04:13 AM
(Yep, Mike is rtilryarms.)

no, rtilryarms is Mike.

rtilryarms
10-05-2006, 04:14 AM
(Mike is a good guy)

Not great?

jbal
10-05-2006, 04:15 AM
Where have I heard that before...

(Mike is a good guy)
I dont know. Have I said that before or something?

robeiae
10-05-2006, 04:24 AM
Not great?Where's my beer?

Kasey Mackenzie
10-05-2006, 04:36 AM
Wow.

Okie. I'll admit I'm mostly posting this to get more posts. =)

L M Ashton
10-05-2006, 04:41 AM
Wow. What a train wreck.

And I just welcomed her here yesterday. She didn't waste a lot of time...

Stew21
10-05-2006, 04:54 AM
Where's my beer?

do you want tastes great or less filling? :D

Haggis
10-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Unfortunate, I think. But I could see it coming.

SpookyWriter
10-05-2006, 05:04 AM
Unfortunate, I think. But I could see it coming....and this coming from a mutt with a sharp object in its mouth. :roll:

Haggis
10-05-2006, 05:07 AM
...and this coming from a mutt with a sharp object in its mouth. :roll:
Like screaming babies know squat.

JennaGlatzer
10-05-2006, 05:09 AM
OK, I'm a-gonna close this so it doesn't feel weird... don't want to talk about someone who can't post in response. Shrug: No, not often at all. But every now and then.

Sorry for the fireworks, folks.