Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
According to this story, two volunteer cheerleading coaches in Frederick, Maryland were dismissed after one of them painted a smiley face on her stomach and then showed it to her seven-year-old and eight-year-old students during a practice. (The article says she "flashed" the student, but then she points out that she only showed them a few inches of her stomach.) They said they were doing it to cheer the kids up. However, the sports association got three complaints about this, so the two coaches were let go a couple of days later.

Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts? I never attended cheerleading camp. But when I was in summer camp, I often saw my counsellors in :eek: bathing suits :eek:! OK, that might be because we had swimming lessons, but still...

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
I never attended any type of cheerleading camp obviously, but I have no idea who it was at my high school who used to hide in the bleachers and watch the cheerleaders practice...........

Brady

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
how incredibly stupid. wouldn't let her say goodbye to them, no warning, no nothing and dismissed in front of the children. Bad judgment.

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
thats ridiculous.

just think how far we've gone nowadays. everything, every little thing is abuse these days! i'm waiting for the court case against the teacher who gave their student detention.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
What do you expect. It was F-REDNECK MARYLAND!

(For the Marylander's round here....not that you'll admit anything.....
Fredneck Muurlan' ok. yeah, that's what I mean, uh huh.)

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Am I the only one who thinks Ms. Smith drawing a smiley face on her belly is not only a good idea, but a great one?

She already looks pretty good. Add some impromptu body art, a little house music, throw in a "might get caught" frantic lovemaking scenario. It's gold.

My God. Have I been thinking outloud again?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Stomach Flashes! No Way!
but seriously, we should all be ashamed of our bellies and hide them, and be ashamed of them as well. It's a serious human flaw that we have body parts. Each and every part is a disgrace, and holds the potential to uproot society and corrupt the innocent.
Never admit you have one, of any sort! Let's do as they do in Saudi, and cover all parts except for our eyes, but then, yanno, eyes can be provacative as well!
Oh, nasty, nasty DNA.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
That's plain stupid. I think cheerleaders all over the nation should protest by painting a smilie face on their tummy and then picket -- first call the newspapers and television stations -- and then picket. Hey, it worked for the Mexicans. (I mean, they got attention, didn't they?)

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
From the sounds of it, the coach didn't expose any more of her belly than most girls/women who wear low-rise pants and short shirts... I have an 8-year-old daughter who did cheering last season, and if one of her coaches had done this to cheer up the group, I would have thought it was cute and a nice thing to do to boost morale. Maybe I'm just weird...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
September skies said:
That's plain stupid. I think cheerleaders all over the nation should protest by painting a smilie face on their tummy and then picket -- first call the newspapers and television stations -- and then picket. Hey, it worked for the Mexicans. (I mean, they got attention, didn't they?)
I just had this vision of mobs of high school and college cheerleaders, in their uniforms, storming Congress. :D

Toss a zombie in there and we'd really have something...

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Christine N. said:
Silly. Is there something odd in the water in Frederick that makes people act stupid?

You are mistaken. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Frederick or any businesses therein. Furthermore, you would do well to keep your tone more moderate in the future.

Sincerely,
Author Support

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Could someone send that poor cheerleader to my house. I'll look at the smiley face on her belly and not be offended at all.

Promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.