PDA

View Full Version : Wearing off the Keys

Provrb1810meggy
10-04-2006, 01:42 AM
I just wanted to make sure this wasn't only me. How many of you are wearing keys off of your keyboard, and which ones? My N and D are worn off, and this keyboard is relatively new.

WerenCole
10-04-2006, 01:49 AM
They guide keys get me. . . the F and the J. . .

SpookyWriter
10-04-2006, 01:55 AM
They guide keys get me. . . the F and the J. . .You must swear a lot?

DeborahM
10-04-2006, 02:01 AM
My 'E' is gone and 'R' is fading. :cry:

Does that mean I get to my a new laptop??? :D

MattW
10-04-2006, 02:06 AM
The 7 has been worn off of my TiVo remote.

Coincidentally, the 7 also broke on my last 2 cell phones.

SpookyWriter
10-04-2006, 02:09 AM
My 'E' is gone and 'R' is fading. :cry:

Does that mean I get to my a new laptop??? :DO K

whistlelock
10-04-2006, 02:17 AM
the E, D, N, and the W keys are always the first to go followed shortly by the T and H keys.

writerterri
10-04-2006, 02:57 AM
A piece of my D is chipped, but that's it.

I just have dust.

I said too much...

Peggy
10-04-2006, 03:14 AM
For me the most worn keys are N, S and page down. I'm not sure what that says about me.

aadams73
10-04-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm not losing any letters yet but i, e, n, h, s and the spacebar are all shiny. There's no friction on those suckers.

I've actually had this keyboard for a couple of years. My last one had an accident with a tequila sunrise.

K1P1
10-04-2006, 03:35 AM
A lot of mine are worn off my old laptop: E, most of the A, S,D, most of the F, C, O,J,K,L, M,N. But now I have a new one. :)

TrainofThought
10-04-2006, 03:58 AM
Several of my keys at work wore off and shiny. Half of the middle and bottom bars, and the shift key is shiny. I clean and shake it upside down to make sure crumbs and crap is gone.

PeeDee
10-04-2006, 04:03 AM
I tend to go through space bars, but generally I can take apart and clean out the keyboard, get it in good working order again. I have two keyboards around the house and I use one more than the other, sometimes. Mostly, I just like the feel of a different keyboard under my fingers now and then.

Haven't actually worn out a key, per se, since I stopped using a typewriter, though... :)

SpookyWriter
10-04-2006, 04:05 AM
I tend to go through space bars:)Did you know that eating ten thousand space bars won't add a pound of gravity?

underthecity
10-04-2006, 04:25 AM
A couple months ago I noticed an indentation on my spacebar where my thumb hits. There's actually a dip in the bar there. I suppose next year it'll have a small hole in it . . . if I can keep writing, that is.

Maryn
10-04-2006, 04:36 AM
I must type Old McDonald a lot. My worn keys on this and every other keyboard I've ever had are E-I (E-I) O. I've got a gleaming space bar, but only on the right, which is weird since I'm a leftie.

I swear the I goes first. Can my keyboard tell I write most of my fiction in first person?

Maryn, self-centered

WackAMole
10-04-2006, 04:39 AM
SDNM...unreadable..they are basically blank keys...i leave it that way cause all teh noob typers dont like my comp ;)

PeeDee
10-04-2006, 04:45 AM
I must type Old McDonald a lot. My worn keys on this and every other keyboard I've ever had are E-I (E-I) O. I've got a gleaming space bar, but only on the right, which is weird since I'm a leftie.

It's not weird. I have a shiny space bar too, on the right side...and I'm left handed too. I guess we hit the space bar more with our rights, although when I'm actually concentrating on it, I swear I hit it with my left hand.

(while typing this post, I concentrated on my hands typing, and that made an utter wreck of everything. Lordi.)

icerose
10-04-2006, 05:20 AM
The keys on my year old lap top are worn to a high gloss and the keys on my computer's keyboard are missing most of the letters. If I remember correctly you can get stickers that go on your keys so you wouldn't have to replace your laptop.

My-Immortal
10-04-2006, 05:27 AM
It's not weird. I have a shiny space bar too, on the right side...and I'm left handed too. I guess we hit the space bar more with our rights, although when I'm actually concentrating on it, I swear I hit it with my left hand.

(while typing this post, I concentrated on my hands typing, and that made an utter wreck of everything. Lordi.)

LOL - I have a shiny space bar too, on the left side...and I'm right handed. I never gave it much thought until now. Freaky...

As for the worn keys..."L" "O" "S" "E" but not thankfully "R".

:)

Soccer Mom
10-04-2006, 05:28 AM
The e and spacebar are all shiny.

Carrie in PA
10-04-2006, 05:54 AM
The A, the S, the H, the O, the L, the E... er, I type a lot of vents and hit the keys really hard when I'm angry. I get angry a lot. :ROFL:

Unique
10-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Wow, you guys! These are keyboards not typewriters...
Or ya'll got some radioactive palm sweat.:eek:

JoeEkaitis
10-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Bring back injection inlaid keys, like on an IBM Selectric! Now, THAT was a KEYBOARD.

::sigh::

Lyra Jean
10-04-2006, 07:37 AM
The 7 has been worn off of my TiVo remote.

Coincidentally, the 7 also broke on my last 2 cell phones.

At least it wasn't '900' :D

My keyboard is still pretty new so nothing worn off yet. But on my other keyboard the little nubbies on the j and f keys wore off before any of the actual letters did.

PeeDee
10-04-2006, 07:40 AM
Wow, you guys! These are keyboards not typewriters...
Or ya'll got some radioactive palm sweat.:eek:

It's part of the problem with being an alien from another world.

expatbrat
10-04-2006, 07:55 AM
I wore of the ASDFGHJKLEOM and N keys on my last laptop before it go stolen... The arrow keys were all faded too as I use them instead of the mouse to get around documents and webpage. Hope the person who took it couldn't touch type.

This one is new so all the keys are still there.

I am a leftie too but hit my space bar with my left thumb...

Lyra Jean
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM
okay I'm typing this message to see what hand I use to space bar with. Ooh it's my left hand and I'm left handed. My right thumb rests right below the space bar and just sits there.