Heroes

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, I never watch television, don't have cable and get one channel, NBC. (CBS comes in a little fuzzy, but not worth the time)

Though I have found this show on Monday nights that I am almost instantly addicted to, Heroes, NBC at 9pm. So far it has me stuck to the TV for an hour, a rare occurence in my life. Its hopeful, mysterious and has aspects of sinister. . . some great foreshadowing so far. The only problem I have. . . its going to slow. Too many commercial breaks. . . I just want them to keep it going, but like good television producers they are leaving me hanging every 7 minutes. Now I have to wait an entire week to see if the kid can really fly, the cheerleaders dad to prove that he is really the bad guy. . . if the cop can get out of his predicament and who this serial killer is. Not to mention what happens with the heroine addict phrophet artist and the Indian professor type.

Anybody else catch this show?

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Weren, yes--me too. :) And I don't usually watch TV--I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

Oh you did not just say that, girlfriend! :roll:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I like the look of heroes except for the "usual" bloody girl characters, both blonde, a stripper and a cheerleader (one with no direct control of her power, the other a passive power--self-healing). I am willing to bet there will be one more female character who is an aggressive sex bomb, probably brunette and with some aggressive power like fire. Then we will have all the main stereotypes covered.

Despite that I dare say I will watch it.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
MacAllister said:
And I don't usually watch TV--I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

boggle!

Well, that's just not right. No one should miss Buffy and Angel.

-Derek
My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
But, whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you, or helped by you at one time or another. We're proud to say that the Class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I missed the whole Buffy thing, too. Didn't even understand it. Didn't get into the X-Files, either.

But this show... when the ads first started, I thought it was about real life heroes and that sounded interesting. Then it turned out to be some sort of people with strange "beyond mortal man" powers and *yawn* turned me off and never bothered tuning it in.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm watching. That brain thing last night was FAH-REE-KEY!

So, now I have The Amazing Race, Gray's and this. I'm glad I got my little sister hooked on Heroes. I had to do something to get her back for hooking me to the other two...

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and can someone tell me what the single-mother's gift is?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
Oh and can someone tell me what the single-mother's gift is?
It comes once a month in the form of alimony and child support. * snicker * just had to say it. :D

Adam Israel

Formerly known as StoneTable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adamisrael.com
I'm totally loving this show. The first two episodes have been less action and more character development but I think things will pick up soon, judging from previews.

Super Hiro is my clear favorite so far.

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
I think I like Super Hiro too. . . but the Indian professor type (sharesh?) is my favorite.

Along these lines I just bought X-Men III. . . same type of thing, genetic mutations making people have special abilities. I haven't seen it yet, but liked the other two. . . can't wait to go home, open up the bottle of Chianti and watch something fun. . .

The more I think about it the more I can juxtapose these two next to each other. . . Heroes could be the start of the X-Men phenomena (mutated x gene etc)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
So far, my wife and I have watched the first two episodes. They're moving very slowly, and I could do without the over dramatic narration at the beginning and end of each episode.

...Er. Mostly, I just want a whole hour-long show devoted to Hiro. I was instantly in love with him. He's brilliant.

If they have a story and they can actually tell it properly, I'll keep watching. If it degenerates into a "the plot thickens" sort of thing that goes on and on, I'm out....but I'm curious enough to stick around. I'm enjoying it so far.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
HElooooooooooooooo Newwwwwwwww Yooooooooooooooork!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I too missed every single episode of Buffy.

But this Heroes...I'm liking it. Though it's going to work to convince me, once again, that I really can fly. Stay tuned...

FatTire

Who?
Registered
Reaction score
I can teleport myself. I did it yesterday.

Or, I could have just fallen asleep and waken up at work. ::shrugs::

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
If they have a story and they can actually tell it properly, I'll keep watching. If it degenerates into a "the plot thickens" sort of thing that goes on and on, I'm out....but I'm curious enough to stick around. I'm enjoying it so far.

That's my fear. . . I don't want it to go so damned slow and turn into some sci-fi soap opera on prime time. . . I can watch anime for that.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to wait and see what you all say about it as the season progresses. If it is good, it will come out on DVD mid summer just to keep hype going for the next season. By summer I willl have more time. So then I can steal Weren's Chianti, and watch it on my laptop on the patio. Ahhhhhhh summerrrrrrr...........

WerenCole

Registered
Reaction score
Too late.. . the chianti has been gone for (what day is it?) a while. . .

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Oh. I didn't think she had a power, I thought she was just hormonal.

:D