PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Pages : [1] 2

WerenCole
10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
Alright, I never watch television, don't have cable and get one channel, NBC. (CBS comes in a little fuzzy, but not worth the time)

Though I have found this show on Monday nights that I am almost instantly addicted to, Heroes, NBC at 9pm. So far it has me stuck to the TV for an hour, a rare occurence in my life. Its hopeful, mysterious and has aspects of sinister. . . some great foreshadowing so far. The only problem I have. . . its going to slow. Too many commercial breaks. . . I just want them to keep it going, but like good television producers they are leaving me hanging every 7 minutes. Now I have to wait an entire week to see if the kid can really fly, the cheerleaders dad to prove that he is really the bad guy. . . if the cop can get out of his predicament and who this serial killer is. Not to mention what happens with the heroine addict phrophet artist and the Indian professor type.

Anybody else catch this show?

MacAllister
10-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Weren, yes--me too. :) And I don't usually watch TV--I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

WerenCole
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Buffy what?

aadams73
10-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

Oh you did not just say that, girlfriend! :roll:

veinglory
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I like the look of heroes except for the "usual" bloody girl characters, both blonde, a stripper and a cheerleader (one with no direct control of her power, the other a passive power--self-healing). I am willing to bet there will be one more female character who is an aggressive sex bomb, probably brunette and with some aggressive power like fire. Then we will have all the main stereotypes covered.

Despite that I dare say I will watch it.

dpaterso
10-03-2006, 09:58 PM
And I don't usually watch TV--I managed to miss the entire Buffy/Angel phenom.

boggle!

Well, that's just not right. No one should miss Buffy and Angel.

-Derek
My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings. (http://hometown.aol.co.uk/DPaterson57)
But, whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you, or helped by you at one time or another. We're proud to say that the Class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history.

Shadow_Ferret
10-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I missed the whole Buffy thing, too. Didn't even understand it. Didn't get into the X-Files, either.

But this show... when the ads first started, I thought it was about real life heroes and that sounded interesting. Then it turned out to be some sort of people with strange "beyond mortal man" powers and *yawn* turned me off and never bothered tuning it in.

Sarita
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I'm watching. That brain thing last night was FAH-REE-KEY!

So, now I have The Amazing Race, Gray's and this. I'm glad I got my little sister hooked on Heroes. I had to do something to get her back for hooking me to the other two...

Sarita
10-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Oh and can someone tell me what the single-mother's gift is?

SpookyWriter
10-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Oh and can someone tell me what the single-mother's gift is?It comes once a month in the form of alimony and child support. * snicker * just had to say it. :D

Adam Israel
10-03-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm totally loving this show. The first two episodes have been less action and more character development but I think things will pick up soon, judging from previews.

Super Hiro is my clear favorite so far.

WerenCole
10-04-2006, 01:33 AM
I think I like Super Hiro too. . . but the Indian professor type (sharesh?) is my favorite.

Along these lines I just bought X-Men III. . . same type of thing, genetic mutations making people have special abilities. I haven't seen it yet, but liked the other two. . . can't wait to go home, open up the bottle of Chianti and watch something fun. . .

The more I think about it the more I can juxtapose these two next to each other. . . Heroes could be the start of the X-Men phenomena (mutated x gene etc)

Jean Marie
10-04-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm liking this show, a lot :)

Um, I never got into Buffy, either...

PeeDee
10-04-2006, 04:00 AM
So far, my wife and I have watched the first two episodes. They're moving very slowly, and I could do without the over dramatic narration at the beginning and end of each episode.

...Er. Mostly, I just want a whole hour-long show devoted to Hiro. I was instantly in love with him. He's brilliant.

If they have a story and they can actually tell it properly, I'll keep watching. If it degenerates into a "the plot thickens" sort of thing that goes on and on, I'm out....but I'm curious enough to stick around. I'm enjoying it so far.

SpookyWriter
10-04-2006, 04:01 AM
I'm liking this show, a lot :)

Um, I never got into Buffy, either...Buffy Rocks!

acousticgroupie
10-04-2006, 06:21 AM
omg i loooove love love this show. hiro rocks:)

PeeDee
10-04-2006, 08:11 AM
HElooooooooooooooo Newwwwwwwww Yooooooooooooooork!

KTC
10-04-2006, 02:15 PM
I too missed every single episode of Buffy.

But this Heroes...I'm liking it. Though it's going to work to convince me, once again, that I really can fly. Stay tuned...

FatTire
10-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I can teleport myself. I did it yesterday.

Or, I could have just fallen asleep and waken up at work. ::shrugs::

WerenCole
10-05-2006, 08:04 PM
If they have a story and they can actually tell it properly, I'll keep watching. If it degenerates into a "the plot thickens" sort of thing that goes on and on, I'm out....but I'm curious enough to stick around. I'm enjoying it so far.

That's my fear. . . I don't want it to go so damned slow and turn into some sci-fi soap opera on prime time. . . I can watch anime for that.

Jaycinth
10-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm going to wait and see what you all say about it as the season progresses. If it is good, it will come out on DVD mid summer just to keep hype going for the next season. By summer I willl have more time. So then I can steal Weren's Chianti, and watch it on my laptop on the patio. Ahhhhhhh summerrrrrrr...........

WerenCole
10-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Too late.. . the chianti has been gone for (what day is it?) a while. . .

Jaycinth
10-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Too late.. . the chianti has been gone for (what day is it?) a while. . .

I'm not worried. You'll buy more.

Sarita
10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh and can someone tell me what the single-mother's gift is?Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

PeeDee
10-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh. I didn't think she had a power, I thought she was just hormonal.

:D

Sarita
10-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh. I didn't think she had a power, I thought she was just hormonal.
Blah blah blah... That's just your way of saying "I haven't figured it out either..."

(yeah, you too, Spook, you toooooo!)

PeeDee
10-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Blah blah blah... That's just your way of saying "I haven't figured it out either..."

(yeah, you too, Spook, you toooooo!)

No, I haven't the faintest idea. I thought she was going to be some sort of berserker character, like a subtle Incredible Hulk. Now, I'm leaning more toward a dual personality of some sort. I haven't yet seen the bit where she's either a hero, or super-powered.

WerenCole
10-10-2006, 08:04 PM
So. . . what did we think of last nights episode? Its getting more action. . . I think the cop that hears peoples thoughts is becoming my favorite. Though, I do like Hiro and his comic book "guide."

The last scene was great. . . I love when a writer makes the viewer go "holy sh!t" three seconds before the character actually says it (which I did. . .)

PeeDee
10-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Episode 3 was a lot better than the first two, because now there's a little bit of forward momentum. I could still really do without the narrator at the beginning and the end.

I still adore Hiro. He's magnificant. He's my favorite. The telepathic cop is a close second, and I'm very suddenly enjoying the cheerleader plot. Maybe our next plot cliffhanger will be "Cheerleader wears different clothes."

The man with the glasses is, so far, The Smoking Man-Lite.

Jaycinth
10-10-2006, 08:11 PM
I made a mistake and watched this devilish show last night instead of writing. Freaking great!! Now I have to see the first episodes, and that won't be until January or the summer DVD release. I wouldn't have watched it but for this silly thread. AAARRRUUUGGGHHHHH. I hate addictive TV.
When's the next episode?

WerenCole
10-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Yes. . . the cheer leader should probably wear something different. . . though, why would I want her too?

Apparently a bartender at work knows Ali Larter (stripper lady with some type of psychotic power that we don't understand yet)

According to him, she was a groupie in his band. . . or something stupid like that.

Sarita
10-11-2006, 03:53 AM
Now I have to see the first episodes, and that won't be until January or the summer DVD release. Boo, Jay! I have them all on my DVR. Wanna come over to watch them? How far is PA for you to drive ;)

Jaycinth
10-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Boo, Jay! I have them all on my DVR. Wanna come over to watch them? How far is PA for you to drive ;)

I can walk there in 5-6 days. (My car is posessed by the combined demon embodiment of Ba'al and some nameless Aztec god of basalt and glass. It ate the sage ward and cackles at me when I walk past. Needless to say, I am not driving at present.)

BottomlessCup
10-12-2006, 09:23 AM
I kind of like this show, but I kind of think it might suck, too.

The concept is great, if a bit of an X-Men rip off. And Hiro is unqualified awesomeness.

But every scene in the show not involving Hiro is unrelenting tension. And not, like, dramatic tension. Everybody's just tense and serious and grumpy. There's been about four non-Hiro smiles in the whole show. And zero non-Hiro jokes.

More variety in tone would help out the 'slowness' factor a lot.

Can the cheerleader *um* cheer the F up? I know teenage girls are moody, but I can't buy, "Woe is me, I'm invincible."

Also, the romantic tension between the Indian guy and the neighbor is super forced. Why not just staple a sign to her forehead that says "LOVE INTEREST"?

All that said, I'm still watching.

WerenCole
10-12-2006, 08:12 PM
That's funny. . . I said the same thing about the cheerleader while I was watching the other night. . .

I think that Sylar character might be a happy go lucky type of fellow. . . :snoopy:

The brothers just need to start flying and I think everything will be okay between them.

I was wondering last night. The nuke that hits NYC on Nov. 8. . . . is that a Monday? They are sort of mirroring real time, when Hiro first sees the bomb the date on the show was supposed to be the date it was broadcast. . .

mdin
10-12-2006, 09:36 PM
NBC streams the entire latest episode on their website if you missed it.

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

Sarita
10-13-2006, 05:04 PM
The nuke that hits NYC on Nov. 8. . . . is that a Monday? November 6 is the Monday that week.

Also, the romantic tension between the Indian guy and the neighbor is super forced. Why not just staple a sign to her forehead that says "LOVE INTEREST"?I totally agree. It's so unnatural. That said, I really like Mohinder. I think they could have better cast the neighbor.

WerenCole
10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
I totally agree. It's so unnatural. That said, I really like Mohinder. I think they could have better cast the neighbor.

But she's so cute! Perfect for me, really.

I bet she has hidden super powers too. . .

PeeDee
10-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Right. So. Episode four, anyone?

Finally figured out Peter's power. I was stumped, 'till my wife pointed out "He's like Rogue," and then it went click. Much cooler.

We had a close call there, where the cheerleader wore normal clothes, but she got back into the cheerleader outfit pretty quickly. So THAT'S all right.

I still love Hiro. *AND* future Hiro!

.....and I still hate the cliffhangers. Not because they work, because they really don't. It's pretentious, but a lot of the advertising for the show is...which is too bad, because they have a good story going, I think. It's muddled, but it's good.

"Nikki's not here right now." :D

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 07:26 AM
So. . . which one did Sylar take. . . her, or him?

Super Hiro! "I didn't recognize you without your scar. . ." as if the scar becomes a defining characteristic of Peter. I think that Peter may be the "good" Sylar. . . he can fly, see the future, probably regenerate eventually.

I think they knew going in that Hiro was going to be a popular character. . . he has a blog now. I am sort of against blogs, but I might actually read his.

I still can't get over the Hiro from the future. Completely unexpected, and he has a samurai sword now too. . .:)

PeeDee
10-17-2006, 07:32 AM
and a pony tail! and facial hair! and no glasses!

Peter can't fly, and he can't see the future. He's like Rogue from the X-Men, he absorbs the powers of those around him WHILE he's around them. That's why he flew when his brother grabbed him, that's why "they both flew."

I don't know. I'm still putting him together.

Can I just have an hour of Hiro, please? Can we lose the fake tension between everyone else, as mentioned upthread?

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 07:35 AM
Can I see Nicki actually kill someone too?

And how the hell does the cheerleaders dad and Sylar get around so quickly?

PeeDee
10-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Can I see Nicki actually kill someone too?

And how the hell does the cheerleaders dad and Sylar get around so quickly?

Perhaps Sylar can teleport too? Like Hiro?

I thought that Not-Nikki was going to put her shoe through the dude's head. I was hoping, anyway.... :)

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Alright. . . so I did it. I went to Hiro's blog and I am sorely disappointed. This is why I don't read blogs.

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Peter can't fly, and he can't see the future. He's like Rogue from the X-Men, he absorbs the powers of those around him WHILE he's around them. That's why he flew when his brother grabbed him, that's why "they both flew."

I might disagree with you here. They showed a little clip where Sylar and cheerleaders dad had a gun on who I think was Peter, and he flew away. . . I did see that, right?

PeeDee
10-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I might disagree with you here. They showed a little clip where Sylar and cheerleaders dad had a gun on who I think was Peter, and he flew away. . . I did see that, right?

I was pretty sure it was the politician brother, whatever his name is. Remember, Sylar and The Dad grabbed one of the two out of the bed. Who says they necessarily grabbed Nikki?

They also showed a clip of Peter's eyes turning white, just like the Prophet-Painter's eyes did. Hence, the power-absorbing theory.

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Thus, if Peter has no power of his own, which I sort of doubt, but rather has the ability to imitate the powers of others it would validate my theory that he is the perfect match for Sylar. Who can beat Sylar except Sylar himself?

Sarita
10-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Thus, if Peter has no power of his own, which I sort of doubt, but rather has the ability to imitate the powers of others it would validate my theory that he is the perfect match for Sylar. Who can beat Sylar except Sylar himself?Oooo, I like where you're going with this.

So, did Claire kill the quarterback? On the description for next week it says "Claire tells her father the truth." Wonder what that's all about?

Jaycinth
10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Tell me what happened in the first two episodes...no don't. Actually I need to know..
no don't I'll watch the whole thing on DVD next summer.
Tell me now, who am I kidding.
No, don't.

ARRRRUUUUGGGGGHHHHHEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh hhhhh
eh eh eh....addictive tv shows, one reason I try to not watch tv.

Tell me....no don't.

(I thought it was way cool when she woke up, partially dissected and had to 'pull her self together'.)

WerenCole
10-17-2006, 10:52 PM
You know. . . if you have time they stream the previous episodes on NBC.com and I think on Sunday the 28th they are going to have a three hour marathon.

Jay baby, just have this glass of wine and calm down honey.

Jaycinth
10-17-2006, 11:55 PM
You know. . . if you have time they stream the previous episodes on NBC.com and I think on Sunday the 28th they are going to have a three hour marathon.

Jay baby, just have this glass of wine and calm down honey.

In trying to maintain the purity of thought, I have not yet subscribed to cable..(dish network whatever). I also have dial up.:cry:

As far as the wine...if I drink all your wine, you won't have a hang over tomorrow, and I won't remember that I don't have cable......

mdin
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
I just caught up with all four episodes. I didn't want to read the thread because I was afraid it would give something away.

So far this is the best new show I have seen in a very long time.

1) The brother definitely has some sort of absorbtion/Rogue skill thing going on. He'll end up being the most important

2) I laughed out loud at Future Hiro. Very Japanese anime thing to do. Awesome.

WerenCole
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Nathan knows! He has known all along that he can fly. While everybody else is struggling to come to grips with their powers he just ups and flys away. When he lands he doesn't marvel at what he just did.

I don't think he was surprised to see Suresh in the last episode either. He is a politician, I am sure he knows all about people and their powers but will not acknowledge it for sake of seeming crazy.

Sylar v. Nicki. . . next episode. Now we really get to see what they can do.

Now, if Nathan knows more than he lets on and he nonchalantly gives Hiro a ride. . . the question is: What did Hiro show him in the limo back to Vegas?

We can call this "The Meeting" episode. . . I mean, even Hiro's buddy meets Nicki, which was more or less a foolish thing to do.

Jaycinth
10-24-2006, 10:10 PM
.........well, I understand now.

WerenCole
10-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Are you mocking me?

Jaycinth
10-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Are you mocking me?
Do you want me to mock you?

Kasey Mackenzie
10-25-2006, 12:13 AM
I just LOVE this show. I do think they progress it WAY too slowly each night, but they make me care so much about the characters I put up with it. And I actually love the beginning and ending narration cause mmm, Mohinder's a yummy-looking man with a yummy voice. I DO wish they would spice up the female heroes a bit. Make them stop being so "woe-is-me" or just downright silly half the time. And yes, I finally put two and two together last night and figured out, "OH, Peter's like Rogue!" Yeah, yeah, so I'm a bit slow. =)

mdin
10-25-2006, 02:18 AM
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html?story_id=6868

It's now the best-rated show of the new season. That's good. It means they won't cancel it out from under our feet.

mdin
11-01-2006, 11:50 AM
I knew that elf-looking chick was up to no good.

Serenity
11-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I honestly thought Nikki had a Jekyl/Hyde thing going on. I watched the first ep, liked it. Second ep lost me, missed the third (and fourth?) just caught up with this week's ep.

I like it, but it's going to be hard to keep up once 24 comes back on.

FatTire
11-01-2006, 06:58 PM
This episode was a little slow pacing wise for me. What we did learn, Cheerleader's father will go to great lengths to keep true parents away is interesting. I took this as the Cheerleader's natural parents having powes as well.

The elf looking chick was a dead give-away. I saw that one coming.

Nikki is going to be a bad hero. I can just feel it. This will make for an interesting storyline.

mdin
11-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Any episode that doesn't focus on Hiro is destined to not be a great one. All the cheerleader stuff was fluff.

What we learned:

The little dude also has powers.

The beard dude... they're deliberately trying to make us think he'll be responsible for nuking NYC. Time will tell if he is or not.

That mob boss dude. Is he Sylar?

Throw in a wheelchair in any story for an instant feeling of character building.

Speaking of, did the senator dude lie to his brother about the painting? It seems like he did, but I'm not sure.

ChaosTitan
11-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Speaking of, did the senator dude lie to his brother about the painting? It seems like he did, but I'm not sure.

I think he did. From his side of the phone conversation, it sounded like the other guy was going to move it to a gallery for Adrian Pasdar, but then he told Peter the other guy wouldn't budge.

I don't trust the Senator-wannabe. He's either a bad guy, or he's in serious denial.

BottomlessCup
12-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Okay, that was pretty good.

WerenCole
02-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Anybody still watching?

Nathan is Claire's real father!

(oh no. . . I sound like a soap opera, don't I?)

No, really. . . if anybody is still paying attention things are getting a little more spicy. Sylar is out again. . . Peter is learning to control his power and Hiro is still a funny little japanese guy.

Anyone? Bueller. . . Bueller. . .

Sarita
02-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm still with you, Weren. Are you cooking dinner on Monday? I'll be watching.

I totally saw the Claire thing coming. When they said they were revealing it, I thought "Who else could it be?" Sylar is freaky and out, but now he has Mr. Bennett totallly pissed. And yeah, I still love Hiro.

Is it going a little too slow for you?

WerenCole
02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Yes. . . can't they just make like a 12 hour movie or something?

Sarita
02-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm keeping them all on my DVR. My sister and I are going to watch them all together at the end of the season, since she can't watch on Monday nights.

What do you think Jessica is going to do now that Nikki is locked in the mirror?

WerenCole
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Well. . . she is going to throw Parkman through a window. . . that much is sure. I think that is what next episode is about. . . "the line between good and evil is finally crossed." Apparently there is a confrontation between Matt and Jessica. . . man oh man, what happens when a guy who can read thoughts comes up against a person who has two distinct personalities. . . and one if friggin nuts?

Then we get Nathan in Texas. . . and Peter progression.

My friend has dvr. . . this semester I have class that goes till 9:40 pm. . . he records it and I come over and watch after class. Still though. . . less commercials, longer episodes, something. They hardly give me any good info then its "stay tuned for the more heroes" . . . damnit.

Chumplet
02-10-2007, 01:37 AM
We're addicted, too. It's hard to keep up, but my DH has a good handle on the plot. It just takes too damn long for him to explain it to me. I can't wait for the DVD because I missed a few episodes.

WerenCole
04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Coming back next Monday. Time to save the world. Is anybody still with me on this?

Spiny Norman
04-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Coming back next Monday. Time to save the world. Is anybody still with me on this?

Judging from the last episode, I think I know how they're going to "save the world."

...anyone read "Watchmen?" Because I think they stole it right out of that. I'm serious.

WerenCole
04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
It is all Stan Lee stuff. He is a consultant and part time writer. I don't know what "Watchman" is. Stan Lee work? Or perhaps something that somebody ripped off from him in the first place?

zahra
04-19-2007, 02:09 AM
I've seen too much! I've seen too much! We haven't got this far in the UK. I should've stopped reading...I didn't. Sob.

Peggy
04-19-2007, 02:26 AM
...anyone read "Watchmen?" Because I think they stole it right out of that. I'm serious. Are you suggesting that secret organization Mr. Bennet belongs to (or Mr. Linderman?) is actually engineering the showdown in New York?

(Watchmen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen) is excellent, by the way. Definitely worth seeking out.)

The_Grand_Duchess
04-19-2007, 05:15 AM
I love this show. Anybody else here actully go to the Primatech website? Becuase then you would know that Linderman is messing with the votes to get Nathan in office and you can participate in stopping him. You also get Hero bios like Samatha and Wireless as well as many others. . . I am a super geek.

Hiro is my favorite but I love Nathan!! He is so sweet! He's just trying to protect people! He's a good guy.

Peggy
04-19-2007, 07:35 AM
I went to www.primatech.com and thought to myself "Wow, what realism, they made it look just like a boring corporate web site." Then I realized the site associated with Heroes is http://www.primatechpaper.com/ .

The_Grand_Duchess
04-19-2007, 09:47 PM
I went to www.primatech.com (http://www.primatech.com) and thought to myself "Wow, what realism, they made it look just like a boring corporate web site." Then I realized the site associated with Heroes is http://www.primatechpaper.com/ .

That is so funny!

Did you sign up for it?

Peggy
04-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Did you sign up for it? Sign up? No. But I did explore the "hidden" part of the primatechpaper site.

Ardellis
04-21-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't know what "Watchman" is. Stan Lee work? Or perhaps something that somebody ripped off from him in the first place?

OMG Alan Moore's Watchmen! The best graphic novel ever. It was the only graphic novel on Time Magazine's 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels.

Yes, I see a huge amount of influence of this book in the show. Bits of borrowings.

ChaosTitan
04-21-2007, 07:50 PM
OMG Alan Moore's Watchmen! The best graphic novel ever. It was the only graphic novel on Time Magazine's 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels.

Yes, I see a huge amount of influence of this book in the show. Bits of borrowings.

I'd be curious to know if the producers/writers are fans of Watchmen. I am a comic fan and I love writing about superheroes, but I've never read this book. Part of me knows I should, but part of me hesitates to read something to ingrained in pop culture. Watchmen established a new kind of modern hero; it set a trend.

Everything will eventually be compared to the work that first starts a trend, whether or not the author is familiar with that particular work. Reading or not reading Watchmen is a double-edged sword. The same fan who says "How can you have not read this?" will ask in the same breath "How much did you borrow from it in your own writing?"

WerenCole
04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
So? I am waiting for the peanut gallery to tell me their opinions of last night's episode. The Peter v. Sylar was pretty good, wished it lasted longer. I have been waiting for future Hiro since that beginning episode. It would have been cool to watch past Hiro fight future Hiro.

Can't wait for two things: Next week and this damned thing to be over so it stops controlling my Monday nights.

maestrowork
04-25-2007, 01:07 AM
Heroes won the "Future Classic" award on TV-Land.

plaidearthworm
04-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I read an interview with Tim Kring in which he said he didn't follow any comic books before starting 'Heroes,' he just thought it would be a cool idea. He cited an example of wanting someone to be magnetic, and just be able to use those forces, and someone on his staff said, 'Uh, that's Magneto.' Too funny!

WerenCole
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Heroes won the "Future Classic" award on TV-Land.

I suppose that is a good thing? Not sure what TV-Land is but anytime some one lists you as being a future classic probably means you are doing something right in the first place.

plaidearthworm
04-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Has everyone seen www.votepetrelli.com site? Very nice...you can even order t-shirts, mugs, etc. However, I want a bumper sticker that says Petrelli/Colbert 08!

Anonymisty
04-28-2007, 05:52 AM
Has anyone else noticed that whenever Sylar begins to attack someone, there's a subtle ticking sound? It's quick, but it's there. Since he was a watchmaker before he somehow learned how to steal others' abilities, I wonder if it's just
"mood music", or if he's really put a clockwork inside himself....and if he did, why.

Serenity
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Has everyone seen www.votepetrelli.com (http://www.votepetrelli.com) site? Very nice...you can even order t-shirts, mugs, etc. However, I want a bumper sticker that says Petrelli/Colbert 08!

Can I just download Adrien Pasdar??? :D

Sage
05-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed that whenever Sylar begins to attack someone, there's a subtle ticking sound? It's quick, but it's there. Since he was a watchmaker before he somehow learned how to steal others' abilities, I wonder if it's just
"mood music", or if he's really put a clockwork inside himself....and if he did, why.
I've taken it as Sylar's "music."

Joe270
05-01-2007, 06:29 AM
I hate bumper stickers, but I'm buying one of those Petrelli 08 stickers.

It's on tonight!

Joe270
05-01-2007, 09:08 AM
HUGE SPOILER AHEAD

SPOILER AHEAD, GO BACK NOW

Friggin' Skylar, the rat bastard, killed the cheerleader!

Arrrrg. Alternate time line, though. Hiro will save her.

This is the best tv show ever.

Serenity
05-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Boy am I glad I watched the show last night, or I might want to strangle you right now, Joe...

Joe270
05-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I figured anyone reading this thread would know to watch first.

The ticking thing with Skylar has cinched the DVD purchase for me. My whole family is tuned into it now.

WerenCole
05-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Don't clue me in to the last three minutes or so of yesterday's episode yet. The DVR didn't catch it so we have to wait until we can watch it online tonight or maybe tomorrow.

In fact, I will just leave the thread alone until I do so it, hows that?

Last thing we saw was when Peter and Sylar were about to go at it with their nuclear hands.

ChaosTitan
05-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I learned to stay away from threads dealing with TV shows until I've seen the most recent episode. Makes it safe for spoilers. ;)

Anywho, about last night...

Best. Episode. Ever.

I love anything that has to do with alternate timelines and potential futures, so this ep was right up my alley. It was cool to see the Heroes in the future, see what paths they'd taken. And now Future Hiro's "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" makes perfect sense. I wonder how far ahead the producers had this show planned.

And I have to admit, the whole (HUGE SPOILER AHEAD) Nathan-is-Sylar twist had me floored. It surprised me the way 24 used to surprise me. Great, great storytelling in this episode. I just adore Super-Peter. He is too cool with his collection of powers.

Joe270
05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Sorry out to anyone who got the episode spoiled by my previous post. I'm still learning the ropes. I did edit it to put the cautionary SPOILER thing. Again, sorry.

katiemac
05-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Liked the future episode last Monday -- it was interesting to see who the "bad guys" are. Ie, Greg Grunberg and the Haitian essentially bad guys here, whereas they mentioned Candace in passing as being good before Sylar killed her.

One thing got me though -- in that timeline, Claire was alive. Since Sylar never killed her, Peter saved her and could regenerate (hence not dying when he was the bomb). In the original future timeline, Sylar regenerated when Hiro stabbed him -- hence, "save the cheerleader, save the world." But in this NEW future timeline, the one where Claire lives, Sylar never got her power, and he couldn't regenerate -- so when Hiro stabbed him the day the bomb exploded, shouldn't Sylar have died like the comic said he would?

Anyway, it's interesting now they've solidified that the immediate threat is NOT Sylar, but Peter and the bomb -- he was the initial cataclysm that caused the "end of the world," so to speak.

Sage
05-03-2007, 03:15 AM
One thing got me though -- in that timeline, Claire was alive. Since Sylar never killed her, Peter saved her and could regenerate (hence not dying when he was the bomb). In the original future timeline, Sylar regenerated when Hiro stabbed him -- hence, "save the cheerleader, save the world." But in this NEW future timeline, the one where Claire lives, Sylar never got her power, and he couldn't regenerate -- so when Hiro stabbed him the day the bomb exploded, shouldn't Sylar have died like the comic said he would?I like coming up with off-the-wall solutions to plot-holes, so here's a possibility. Hiro's immune to changes he made in the past (memory-wise, at least). He obviously doesn't remember that Claire was saved. Makes sense, in that it doesn't create a potential paradox (if Future Hiro goes back in time to warn them to save the cheerleader & it does save the world, when Present Hiro comes to that point in time, he has to remember to teleport to the past to give the same message or else Claire won't be saved) if we accept that changes Hiro makes stick to everyone else's timeline no matter what as soon as (in Hiro's personal timeline) he makes them. So then why didn't Sylar die when Hiro stabbed him? Two possibilities. Since Hiro jumped ahead in time before stabbing Sylar, there's no guarantee that he'll actually do it. Okay, but then why is Hiro in the future (which suggests the future knows he'll jump back)? Maybe since Hiro always planned to jump back (& had the confidence to so once he had the sword), we can explain Future Hiro being there, but first Hiro needed to be told to fight Sylar ('cuz b4 he jumped forward in time, he & Ando thought Sylar was contained) & then he had to gain the confidence to do it, which he only got right before he returned to his own time, so we don't know whether it affected the future or not. Or something like that ;)

Maybe they'll explain it in a future ep

Joe270
05-03-2007, 06:23 AM
I think the whole thing is alternate time-lines. This season will end with stopping the bomb.

On to the next threat, that particular future never happens.

Am I communicating this well enough? Sorry if it's not making enough sense.

They said they would wrap up all the loose ends by the end of the season. So, next season there will be a different disaster for the heros to avert. Another horrible future to prevent.

The_Grand_Duchess
05-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Ok this is what comic books have taught me: Usually the event that you think changes the future isn't it at all. Its something else. The future stayed crappy becuase Syler doesn't matter. Peter is the bomb, they have to stop Peter.

Here's what I'm thinking about.Issac never painted a picture of Claire dead. He painted Peter all messed up on the ground though. Meaning to me that Syler failed killing her for whatever reasons. And Peter had the scar in the future the Hiro came from and it was all messed up meaning that the bomb had already happened there and that Peter survived it meaning he already had Claire's powers in the current futrure.

So, idea! Remember back in the early episodes when Claire was hiding her power and everyone thought the other cheerleader was the one? All Hiro had to go on were some news clippings and pics that Issac painted. And all the news clippings had the other girl as the one with super powers and saving people. That's the one that Syler killed.

And remeber what happened when Hiro tried to save Charlie? He went up and down the timestream and couldn't save her. No matter what he did he could not change that. I think the future is already written and Hiro can't change a time stream that he's already lived through. Like he can only do an action in the moment. Does that make sense?

Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Writer14
05-06-2007, 03:06 AM
i heard rumors that they picked Heroes up for a 'part 2' kind of thing. (i'd say Season 2 but they've split it into season's of 10 eps i think or something...lol)

Are those rumors true...or...what?

WerenCole
05-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Yes, I am pretty sure they are doing a second "season." At least, that is what the actors seem to think.

Too. . . much. . . drama. . . . I feel like I am going to explode. . . . Hiro!

ChaosTitan
05-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, Hiro jumped five years into the future, so they've set up plenty of time to work with for future seasons. Time to see how events either turn out as expected or change for the better. As long as the quality doesn't dip over the weight of time (*cough*XFiles*cough*), they could go for a while.

Sooperjesus
05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm really happy to see a show of this quality, especially after 24 has dropped the torch.

I love last Monday's story line with Syler and his mother. It was his one last chance for redemption, and he was begging for it. This is one of the things that make this show so great... no one is truly evil. Syler's just a guy who has gone too far and can't bring himself back.

mdin
05-10-2007, 03:32 AM
The best part of that was we all learned Hiro's biggest strength appears to be useless against Sylar. Either Sylar can't be killed with time frozen because of some random power of his, or time unsticks itself if you're going to kill someone.

I also think Micah's dad is going to get it this episode or next. In the future episode Sylar had his power, so he didn't just get blown up.

merper
05-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Sylar's behavior on the last episode was so erratic. One second, he says he doesn't want power, the next he's smashing snow globes into his mom, after she's screaming for him to stop. He struggles to keep his mom from chasing him away, and when she dies it takes him a few seconds to get over it and start painting with her blood?

If they were trying to make him sympathetic, they failed IMO.

FatTire
05-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Sylar's behavior on the last episode was so erratic. One second, he says he doesn't want power, the next he's smashing snow globes into his mom, after she's screaming for him to stop. He struggles to keep his mom from chasing him away, and when she dies it takes him a few seconds to get over it and start painting with her blood?

If they were trying to make him sympathetic, they failed IMO.

They're trying to show his madness. He is one of the central bad guys on the show. They want us to dislike him. The guy is metal.

merper
05-10-2007, 08:54 AM
He may have been evil, but he seemed to have a pretty linear train of thought for the past 20 episodes. The way he switched on and off in his mom's apartment just seemed like bad acting to me, or maybe bad writing. There's a lot of behavior on the show that's weird, but I guess if they're going to have such a complex plot, a few plot contrivances are expected. The show is still much better than most things out there.

FatTire
05-11-2007, 01:49 AM
He may have been evil, but he seemed to have a pretty linear train of thought for the past 20 episodes. The way he switched on and off in his mom's apartment just seemed like bad acting to me, or maybe bad writing. There's a lot of behavior on the show that's weird, but I guess if they're going to have such a complex plot, a few plot contrivances are expected. The show is still much better than most things out there.

Yeah it is a bit on the nose at times. But I took it as Sylar is breaking down. He said that he was killing to take power from those that didn't deserve it. Then follows up that he doesn't want to take innocent lives.

They're giving him a mommy complex. The whole, "I'm not good enough for you, mom." bit.

Agree that this show is better than 90% of network TV.

Ardellis
05-14-2007, 01:50 AM
They're giving him a mommy complex.

Most of the characters who have parents that are also characters have issues with them, have you noticed? Hiro, Nikki/Jessica, Mohinder, Peter and Nathan, Claire. I didn't find it surprising after all of that that Sylar would have a complex of some sort regarding his mother. I think the writing staff are particularly interested in how people's parents either mess them up or push them to succeed. Or both.

Sage
05-15-2007, 06:12 AM
I heard a rumor that the next season (or a spin-off?) will explore the parents & their powers (if any). Sorta like a prequel, I guess.

So, somehow it snuck up on me, but this is the most excited I've been for a season finale since Buffy/Angel eps were new. And that is just amazing, IMO. Yay, Heroes!

mdin
05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
So how about last night's episode? Nothing like killing off half the cast to make things entertaining.

Pike
05-16-2007, 04:56 AM
It was an absolute blast!

Oh, hey. I just found this thread so I'm jumping in mid-stream. I've been sold on the show since the first episode. The twists, the characters, and all the super-powered fun. I was shocked at how they dropped several characters at once. Now I can't wait to see how they end it.

Pike

katiemac
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm surprised -- I kind of figured it would take more to kill Linderman, but he looked pretty dead. Most people can't function after their brain's been smushed.

Interesting, though, that DL seems to be dead now. In the future, he lasted a lot longer. He had enough time to go into hiding before Sylar got him.

Anthony Ravenscroft
05-16-2007, 09:52 AM
The original idea was that the show would actually have a season-long story arc, within which some key premises & characters could be defined, but that it wouldn't turn into the endless "hey, how can we stretch this out for another season?" syndrome that plagued X Files & is sucking so much potential out of Lost & even 24 (where they're at least smart enough to kill regular characters faster than often makes sense).

Pike
05-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I have to say that the writers are taking great care not to come across as a cheesy, comic book knock off. I've been consistantly blown away by the characterization brimming from each and everyone. They aren't a bunch of black and white people; each carry the burden of their own flaws.

I'm also glad to hear that they don't plan on dragging out story lines from season to season. That can be a drain and anti-climatic. Though I do hope to see some of them return. Parkman is my current favorite. He's such an everyman gifted with an ability that could out him on top of the world. Greg Grunberg plays him off deftly.

Pike

Sarita
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Do we reallly think Linderman is dead? His power is healing, but I don't know if it's self-healing like Claire...

I, too, am eager to see the finale.

ChaosTitan
05-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Another great ep. I'm so sad we've only gone one left before summer hiatus. This show rocks.

But holy freaking spoilers, Batman! I am so mad at TPTB for one clip they used in next week's promo. I mean, jeez! In case you're curious it's the one with Suresh kneeling over a bleeding (probably dead or dying) Parkman.

And if anyone wants to catch up, Sci Fi Channel is hosting an all-day marathon on Saturday. All 21 episodes in order.

merper
05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
The season might not end after next weeks episode. NBC plans to air something called Heroes:Origins - a series of 6 episodes that will look at the birth of one new hero every week. At the end of the cycle viewers will vote on their favorite char and he will be a regular on season 2. Or season 3. Not sure when it will start yet.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/05/14/heroes-origins-joins-nbcs-fall-schedule/

FatTire
05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
The season might not end after next weeks episode. NBC plans to air something called Heroes:Origins - a series of 6 episodes that will look at the birth of one new hero every week. At the end of the cycle viewers will vote on their favorite char and he will be a regular on season 2. Or season 3. Not sure when it will start yet.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2007/05/14/heroes-origins-joins-nbcs-fall-schedule/

This is planned for next season. NBC ordered 24 episodes of Heroes, and 6 episodes of Heroes: Origins. The 6 episodes will air when Heroes goes on hiatus.

The_Grand_Duchess
05-18-2007, 12:40 AM
Do we reallly think Linderman is dead? His power is healing, but I don't know if it's self-healing like Claire...

I, too, am eager to see the finale.

I think Linderman is dead. Super dead. Even Claire/Peter can't come back with the back of thier head blown off. . . . Or maybe they can, who knows? But Linderman is dead.

So saving the cheerleader did change things apprently.

Pike
05-18-2007, 05:02 PM
They're not afraid to nuke characters so I'm betting Linderman is dead. He served his purpose, deepening the mythos of the show and pushing Nathan towards the Presidency. The question is: who else is going to die?

Pike

WerenCole
05-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Parkman is going to be shot. . . . look at the trailer for the next episode closely.

Pike
05-19-2007, 10:21 AM
But that doesn't mean he's going to die... does it? I know, don't get too attached to the characters.

Pike

zahra
05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
I've had to resign myself to waiting for the DVD cos I keep missing episodes. I don't want to spoil it for myself, so i try really hard not to peek now, but that WAS Chris Eccleston (ex Dr Who) I glimpsed on this week's UK episode when I did my cheating glance, wasn't it?

Now I'm TOO excited! Briliant enough anyway, and now has C.E.? This is too much. I wish I'd got it together to tape all the episodes I missed now. My only hope is that they do a catch-up of all the series when this one ends. They often do that here. Oh, please...

Pike
05-19-2007, 10:22 PM
And to amp your frustration, Sci-Fi channels is airing a marathon right now, from ep #1 to last Friday's blow out. It's been fun to catch up on those things I missed.

Pike

Sage
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM
And to amp your frustration, Sci-Fi channels is airing a marathon right now, from ep #1 to last Friday's blow out. It's been fun to catch up on those things I missed.

Pike
Waah, wish I had sci-fi

zahra
05-20-2007, 01:14 AM

Pike
Come on, Sci-Fi UK. Your country needs you.

Pike
05-20-2007, 02:00 AM
Don't fret, I'm sure they'll release the entire first season on DVD before season two starts up. Then you can have your own private marathon, minus the annoying commercials!

Pike

ChaosTitan
05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I think the DVD's are scheduled for release in August.

Anthony Ravenscroft
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
More & more, I'm convinced Hiro went up the wrong timeline. If Petrelli hadn't saved Claire, he would've had that scar, right...? I lose track. FutureHiro is smart enough, & obsessive, but maybe he went back to the wrong turning-point -- might've made more sense to kill Suresh while still clueless & protect the list, or destroy the computer or just click YES.

And would FlyingMan (the disguised Sylar) have gotten to the Oval Office without Linderman there to engineer it? (Clearly the little girl wasn't around to find the BoogieMan....)

Where the heck has Claire's mom gone off to? I get the feeling the poor woman's been forgotten by her family & the writers alike.

katiemac
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
More & more, I'm convinced Hiro went up the wrong timeline. If Petrelli hadn't saved Claire, he would've had that scar, right...? I lose track. FutureHiro is smart enough, & obsessive, but maybe he went back to the wrong turning-point -- might've made more sense to kill Suresh while still clueless & protect the list, or destroy the computer or just click YES.

And would FlyingMan (the disguised Sylar) have gotten to the Oval Office without Linderman there to engineer it? (Clearly the little girl wasn't around to find the BoogieMan....)

In the 5 years future timeline, I don't know if Peter saved Claire or not. She survived somehow, so presumably Peter saved her, but then the scar doesn't make sense. Unless there's some Peter-kryptonite out there that blocks complete healing (like him becoming a nuclear explosion), who knows.

And I think, in the 5 years timeline, that Linderman was still around -- at least long enough to put Nathan in the White House. Sylar killed him when he was already president. And, presumably, D.L. didn't kill Linderman in that future timeline, because Sylar (not Linderman) killed D.L. after he went into hiding through Hiro/Bennet. Molly Walker was also in hiding, but it's unclear if she was dead or not. Everyone they mentioned in that same breath -- D.L., Candace -- Sylar had killed.

Pike
05-21-2007, 09:45 AM

Yep. Just found the official date earlier this evening: Aug. 28th! Mark your calendars.

Pike

Sage
05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I think that once you get Hiro jumping back & forth in time, anything he touches after that might change the future. Didn't he stop DL & Jessica on their way to Linderman? Did he say something that might change what happened in their encounter w/ Linderman, & thus might result in DL's & Linderman's futures being changed? I'm pretty certain that, while the future seemed to suggest that Peter was the bomb & Sylar was innocent yet blamed for it, in the present Sylar & Peter are both a threat, & I doubt Sylar would claim innocence in 5 years time considering his plans at the moment. Hiro talking to FutureHiro & getting the comic that showed Ando dead caused him to attack Sylar too early (before getting training from daddy), which pushed Sylar over the deep end, which made him decide to take Ted's power & (one assumes) blow up the city afterall.

zahra
05-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Don't fret, I'm sure they'll release the entire first season on DVD before season two starts up. Then you can have your own private marathon, minus the annoying commercials!

Pike

Aaaahhhh...come the day...

zahra
05-21-2007, 11:27 PM
Squeeeeeeee!!!

Pike
05-22-2007, 03:56 AM
And tonight, the final countdown to the most riveting damned TV show I've seen in years. Everytime they play the preview, I get goosebumps. Pretty silly, huh?

Pike

zahra
05-22-2007, 05:23 AM
Well, we're only at episode 15. And it's not at all silly to be so excited. We like made-up people and their adventures. Real people are dry. Stupid real people. They're never Christopher Eccleston.

Sage
05-22-2007, 05:26 AM
Stupid real people. They're never Christopher Eccleston.
:ROFL:

Chumplet
05-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Great finale. Hiro's so adorable.

katiemac
05-22-2007, 07:20 AM
*spoilers*
I really enjoyed the finale, although I'm admittedly disappointed there wasn't a bigger Sylar/Peter smackdown. I'd been itching for that, even more since the 5 years episode.

BUT I think the writers threw in some great details. Like "Noah," for instance, and "You look badass," or Nathan and the bomb. (In Peter's coma dream, Nathan walked right up to Peter after Claire ran away ... I'd anticipated Nathan's part in saving the day like he did; I'm glad it played out).

Plus, when the bomb exploded, did anyone notice it looked like the opening credits? Only we saw the explosion from the earth, whereas in the credits it's how it looks from space?

Pike
05-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Yep, yep, and YEP!!! Outside of there not being enough fight between Peter and Sylar, it was an excellent ending. Now how and the hell do we wait for 3 plus months for the next season? By summers end, my wife will be ready to divorce me.

Pike

merper
05-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow that was a lame finale. Lame lame lame. Almost every character was running around like an idiot. The cop who knows exactly what Sylar is capable of deciding he can just shoot him. Peter, who, all of a sudden, forgets that he too has telekinesis and just struggles at invisible hands who are giving him a Vader style choke. And most of all, Sylar, who can apparently choke a guy and stop bullets, but not stop or dodge or even deflect a guy charging at him with a sword, even after seeing him long enough to whisper his name. And correct me if I'm wrong(which I'm sure all you people who liked this will do) but why the hell is peter struggling with the nuke ability after he has mastered it anyway? And why doesn't Clair just shoot him in the head, when all she has to do to fix him is pull out the bullet? Or if she's afraid she might damage the superpower part of the brain, why can't she just shoot him in the heart? To top it off, there were just no surprises at the end, unless you didn't see Nathan's sudden redemption coming. I half hoped they wouldn't play that card just to make a after school special message about love and family, but it was hardly a surprise when they did.

I get the feeling they just had too many people and too many powers in the end to think of a logical ending. Maybe they just ran out of money for the effects for the Sylar-Peter fight everyone so dearly wanted. I'll still be watching the show next season, because many episodes(the 5 years episode was beautiful) are great on their own as are the individual character development and power demonstrations, but my expectations for a satisfying storyline have been completely lowered by this one. The only intriguing part was when the Molly(the little girl) talked about the guy she thought was worse than Sylar, who could see her back when she thought about him. Hopefully, there'll be some good episodes about that next season.

Sarita
05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Do you think the guy that "can see her back" is Simone's father, Charles? He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but you never know. Now that they killed off Sylar, Linderman, and Nathan, what are they going to do for Villains? The Petrelli Mom?

It definitely wasn't as earth shattering as I expected it to be, and there were some unexplainable occurrences, but I thought it was good. The Parkman thing was dumb, IMO. And the way they had characters forgetting powers is strange. I really liked Hiro's story line (as always) since a little cheese is normal. I also liked Peter time traveling, which raised a question for me: did he absorb Hiro's power at some point when they met and not know it?

Sarita
05-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Do you think the guy that "can see her back" is Simone's father, Charles? Oooo, or could it be Hiro's Dad?

cray
05-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Mr. Sulu

katiemac
05-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not so sure Nathan's dead, though. I wondered why Peter couldn't fly off himself, but if he was too consumed with fighting the radioactivity then okay. But there's no reason Nathan would have to hold on to Peter the entire time -- he could just fly up, drop him, fly off, and Peter still explodes in the sky.

And yes -- the ending did seem crammed, what with the characters running in and out. Especially because I didn't think Nikki/DL knew about Sylar (or Peter?) but they were looking on like they knew what was happening.

I'm glad Claire didn't shoot Peter, I think that would have been disastrous, actually. When Ted got shot, he almost exploded. I'm thinking it would have worked the same way for Peter.

Really, all they needed to do was give him a hug. ;)

Serenity
05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Do you think the guy that "can see her back" is Simone's father, Charles? He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but you never know. Now that they killed off Sylar, Linderman, and Nathan, what are they going to do for Villains? The Petrelli Mom?

Ahhh...but is Sylar really dead? I don't think he is. Remember the blood trail leading to the dislodged sewer cover. Five will get you twenty that he'll play a part in next season.

It definitely wasn't as earth shattering as I expected it to be, and there were some unexplainable occurrences, but I thought it was good. The Parkman thing was dumb, IMO. And the way they had characters forgetting powers is strange. I really liked Hiro's story line (as always) since a little cheese is normal. I also liked Peter time traveling, which raised a question for me: did he absorb Hiro's power at some point when they met and not know it?

Well, Peter picks up powers even when in close proximity, without intending to do so-- like with the nuclear guy whose name I forget at the moment.

I don't think characters forgot powers, exactly. For instance, with Peter, I'm pretty sure it's been said that he can only use one of his borrowed powers at a time, because he has to concentrate to use/control them. And no matter what you can do, when someone is choking you to death, your first instinct is to survive. Peter's powers aren't completely instinctual yet (I think they will be) at least as far as bringing up the right power to use for a given situation.

And as for the Parkman thing? Eh, I could take it or leave it. But, he wasn't thinking like a cop, in spite of his "I'm a cop, that's what I do" speech. Sylar f'ed up his life in a big, albeit indirect, way. Helping to catch him is what has taken him from his family. He just wanted to end it.

And someone had commented earlier in the thread about why didn't Sylar stop Hiro? Well, Sylar had already dismissed Hiro as irrelevant. Hiro had tried to kill him before and couldn't. Haven't you ever been surprised when someone has done something that you would have sworn up and down they would never do?

WerenCole
05-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Ahhh...but is Sylar really dead? I don't think he is. Remember the blood trail leading to the dislodged sewer cover. Five will get you twenty that he'll play a part in next season.

Agreed.

merper
05-22-2007, 09:55 PM
And someone had commented earlier in the thread about why didn't Sylar stop Hiro? Well, Sylar had already dismissed Hiro as irrelevant. Hiro had tried to kill him before and couldn't. Haven't you ever been surprised when someone has done something that you would have sworn up and down they would never do?

If you have the reflexes to stop a bullet you can stop a guy charging at you head first at something a lot lower than the speed of sound. At the very least, they could have made Hiro teleport closer and then stab him. He did it to save Ando, so there's really no reason.

As far as the Peter thing, he was hanging there for a good 30 seconds, not using any powers. Instinct should have worn off in about 5 seconds. I still don't understand why he suddenly can't control the nuke ability.

It's really the sappy Nathan thing that gets me though. A bullet to the heart kills in about 5 seconds. If Claire shot Peter, he wouldn't have had enough time to go critical, based on what happened with Ted in her house. And as someone else mentioned, even if they wanted to show Nate's redemption, all he had to do was fly him high enough and release him. Or even better, launch him from a certain height. I mean, the guy can break the sound barrier, and Peter could survive the fall, even if Nate didn't catch him.

I'm not really a nitpicker, but the holes were just too gaping to ignore.

The_Grand_Duchess
05-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I would have dropped Peter. In a second.

And the reason that Peter has trouble with the nuke power is becuase its emotionally based and Pete is a giant bundle of emotions. Syler has no emotions hence his control of it.

Jcomp
05-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Loved it. Can't wait for next season.

Sage
05-23-2007, 06:03 AM
And the reason that Peter has trouble with the nuke power is becuase its emotionally based and Pete is a giant bundle of emotions. Syler has no emotions hence his control of it.That's how I saw it too. Even if he controlled it before, it wasn't the right circumstance for the bomb, & Peter understood that deep down. With most of the people around from his vision of himself exploding & the battle with Sylar just having happened, Peter was overwhelmed with the belief that he was going to explode & the panic didn't help him at all.

Here's my biggest brain hurt for this episode. Only things affected by someone who's had access to the future (through visions or time-travel) could affect the outcome to be different from what we saw a few weeks ago when Hiro jumped 5 years ahead. "Save the cheerleader, save the world," is a nice explanation for Nathan's change of heart (Claire convinced him)..., except she was safe in the "5 years later" ep & the bomb still went off, so unless Hiro & Ando somehow directly or indirectly influenced her since they returned (I don't remember it). So there are only two things I can think of that Hiro might have done to change Nathan's mind. One is to mention to Nathan that he is a "bad man" in the future... then Claire's speech adds to that guilt, & pushes him over the fence (which he was clearly on). The other is: (IIRC) Hiro interacts with DL & Nikki, which changed their encounter with Linderman (though I'm not sure how), & when Nathan hears that Lindy is dead, he's less certain about the "future is set" mentality he's been fed by Mommy & Lindy, so Claire's speech makes a difference.

I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a big Sylar/Peter battle, but I think if they did, people would be saying Sylar should have blown up (assuming it was his plan, not to make Peter blow up, & even then, he could instigate it by starting the power, right?) during it or why Peter didn't absorb the power earlier. By keeping it short, they probably thought there was less room for error, but disappointed people looking for an epic battle.

Things we can't be certain of: Whether Sylar's dead or whether something else dragged him into the sewer (for whatever purposes... maybe the next Big Bad); whether DL will survive; whether Nathan was smart enough to drop Peter (or had time; they didn't really know exactly when Peter was going off, so it's not like Nathan could get up there & say, "okay in the next second you're going off, so I'll drop you & you'll go off before you hit the ground & I'll be safe 'cuz I flew away"); what the deal with Simone's father was (if he had powers, why didn't she? Was it an illusion, Peter's vision, Peter talking to a ghost who showed him the past?)

The beginning of "volume 2" was awesome!

ChaosTitan
05-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Here's my biggest brain hurt for this episode. Only things affected by someone who's had access to the future (through visions or time-travel) could affect the outcome to be different from what we saw a few weeks ago when Hiro jumped 5 years ahead. "Save the cheerleader, save the world," is a nice explanation for Nathan's change of heart (Claire convinced him)..., except she was safe in the "5 years later" ep & the bomb still went off, so unless Hiro & Ando somehow directly or indirectly influenced her since they returned (I don't remember it).

Now, I understood the "save the cheerleader" thing a bit differently. I'm not well versed in all the theories of parallel universes and time travel and such, but I've been looking at this season as the first attempt to change what happened.

Future Hiro explained that Sylar killed Claire and had her self-healing powers. It's how he survived the explosion. In this timeline, Peter doesn't know who Claire is, so he never meets her and never gets her powers (hence the scar). Future Hiro posits that the only way to stop Sylar from going nuclear is to save Claire and prevent Sylar from taking her powers. So he goes back in time to tell Peter the now-infamous line: Save the cheerleader, save the world.

He's now changed the past. If he goes back to his own timeline, it stands to reason that nothing has changed yet. His timeline isn't affected yet, because the changes haven't occurred in the present.

When Present Hiro goes into the future, it's from a new point in time. Claire has been saved, so she's now alive in the future. There is nothing to explain this, because it just is. She didn't die in the past now, so she's alive in the future and people know that.

((As an aside, think of the movie "Frequency." Every time they changed something in the past, the present changed. Everyone around the two leads accepted the changes as though they'd always been, but the leads remembered the original way things had been. That's kind of how I'm looking at this whole thing.))

Claire said it herself: the future is not written in stone. And since everyone looks at time travel a little different (not only its possibilities, but if or how events in the past or future can be changed), we'll all just give ourselves headaches trying to explain everything.

I think that the Five Years in the Future ep was a good way to show us how things could turn out if the heroes failed. At the vision Linderman had of the future, and just how sucky it really was. It's obviously no longer *the* future, because events have been radically changed, but we saw what was at stake. In most series', you know that the wrong move means consequences. This show had the unique chance to show us those consequences in living color, and made me understand why it was so important to stop an exploding man.

Flaws? Yes. Inconsistencies? Maybe.

Still the best thing on TV this year (except maybe for Battlestar Galactica :D ).

merper
05-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Although some individual episodes of Heroes were better, I think in terms of best season wide story, it would have to go to Dexter, then again that's not a basic network show.

Also, I really hope Parkman's dead, mainly because he's using up a lot of tricks I thought up for my book. ><

Sage
05-24-2007, 03:28 AM
Chaos, I don't think we disagree about Claire's appearance in the future. I just thought it was nice that "the cheerleader" played a major part in Nathan's change of heart, helping to "save the world."

My headache comes because she could not have done it alone because she was alive in the future Hiro saw & the bomb had still gone off in the city. The future isn't set in stone, but unless people have knowledge of the future, they'll take the same actions they did the "first time around" (from the time-traveler's POV, I guess). Why wouldn't Claire give the speech to Nathan when FutureHiro lived the present? She's the same person she was then. Why wouldn't everyone make the same decisions they made this time around... unless something external influenced them.

So it leaves it to those who have received info about the future to change things. That's what I've been trying to figure out. What did Hiro do to affect Nathan after he returned from the future? It could be indirect (affected someone who affected Nathan). But whatever changed, had to be after he returned, because FutureHiro's past was based on how everyone would act/react naturally with no influence of the future.

The_Grand_Duchess
05-24-2007, 05:37 AM
I know what it was. It was when Hiro went to Nathan for help after he had returned from the future. He didn't know Sylar was Nathan in the future and thought he had just gone bad. When Nate wouldn't help him he called him a villian. That combined with his daughter running away from him made him have a change of heart.

Well I think anyway.

Sage
05-24-2007, 06:00 AM
I know what it was. It was when Hiro went to Nathan for help after he had returned from the future. He didn't know Sylar was Nathan in the future and thought he had just gone bad. When Nate wouldn't help him he called him a villian. Yeah, this was what I thought of too. I just wanted confirmation, I guess, that that was a strong enough thing to push Nathan over the fence, & to make sure there wasn't another connection I missed or forgot.

rosebud1981
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Reviving an old thread because the last episode bugged me for a few reasons...

Why couldn't they just get the Haitian to be there when Peter was about to explode? If he stood beside him, Peter and Sylar would be completely powerless. No explosion :Shrug:

And why did Sylar let Hiro stab him? He had plenty time to use his telekinesis to disarm him.
Cop-out ending after building up a great story

ChaosTitan
06-07-2007, 03:05 AM
Why couldn't they just get the Haitian to be there when Peter was about to explode? If he stood beside him, Peter and Sylar would be completely powerless. No explosion :Shrug:

Now that you mention it, what happened to the Haitian? We haven't seen him since Claire gave him the slip and headed to the Big Apple.

Hmm....

The_Grand_Duchess
06-07-2007, 04:38 AM
Now that you mention it, what happened to the Haitian? We haven't seen him since Claire gave him the slip and headed to the Big Apple.

Hmm....

I don't know where dude is but I just read the little bit of graphic novel about him online. So tragic. And would Peter be able to absorb the Hatian's powers? that's just an aside.

ChaosTitan
06-07-2007, 06:12 AM
And would Peter be able to absorb the Hatian's powers? that's just an aside.

Peter absorbs powers. The Haitian blocks your powers.

Would they cancel each other out?

I'm so confused....:flag:

Purenightshade
06-12-2007, 09:14 PM
That's a very interesting question, Chaos Titan. I have to admit, that never occurred to me.

BTW, I'm loving your icon and signature.

rosebud1981
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
We'll probably never see them meet for exactly that reason.
My take on it is that the Haitian would block Peter's ability to absorb his power, but I doubt anyone's ever decided for sure what would happen.

Peter or Sylar would be more or less unstoppable if they got hold of the Haitian's power. Of course Sylar would have to kill him without using any of his own powers in order to get his power

ChaosTitan
06-14-2007, 02:57 AM
We'll probably never see them meet for exactly that reason.
My take on it is that the Haitian would block Peter's ability to absorb his power, but I doubt anyone's ever decided for sure what would happen.

Peter or Sylar would be more or less unstoppable if they got hold of the Haitian's power. Of course Sylar would have to kill him without using any of his own powers in order to get his power

:e2hammer:

Trying to think in circles like this makes me crazy...

Serenity
06-14-2007, 04:21 AM
If Peter took the Hatian's power, would he block himself? Think about that... ;)

ChaosTitan
06-14-2007, 06:42 AM
:e2cry:

*implodes*

zahra
07-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Heroes starting in the UK next week on BBC2! Hurray! Sorry - edit - the week after next! But hurray anyway!

The_Grand_Duchess
07-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Yay! Good for you guys! :)

childeroland
07-11-2007, 02:51 AM
You won't be able to believe how good a TV show can be. Seriously, not overhyped, and can even give Doctor Who a run for its money.

Heroes starting in the UK next week on BBC2! Hurray!

zahra
07-11-2007, 09:39 PM
You won't be able to believe how good a TV show can be. Seriously, not overhyped, and can even give Doctor Who a run for its money.
Oh, come on, I know you're being polite, but it's better than Dr Who. I'm a bit ashamed that discussions of Brit TV always veer over to the Doctor at some point...and Chris Eccleston is in 'Heroes', so he's not helping any! I started watching it, and then had to stop cos I went over to Fl., where they were way ahead. I did cheat a bit, but not too much, and this is my reward!

childeroland
07-12-2007, 03:51 AM
I was being polite (a little), but most of my friends would call for my head -- 'Heroes' in comparison with the Doctor? Sacrilege! Force of habit. Anyway, last season's finale (for Americans, the last Rose Tyler episode) was way better than Heroes's, much as it pains me to say that, and I don't know yet if Heroes has Who's consistency.

I don't have BBCA even because my cable company is absurd (haven't even seen 'Hex') so my experience with British TV runs to 'Dark Shadows' and 'Who'.

Oh, come on, I know you're being polite, but it's better than Dr Who. I'm a bit ashamed that discussions of Brit TV always veer over to the Doctor at some point...and Chris Eccleston is in 'Heroes', so he's not helping any! I started watching it, and then had to stop cos I went over to Fl., where they were way ahead. I did cheat a bit, but not too much, and this is my reward!

zahra
07-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I was being polite (a little), but most of my friends would call for my head -- 'Heroes' in comparison with the Doctor? Sacrilege! Force of habit. Anyway, last season's finale (for Americans, the last Rose Tyler episode) was way better than Heroes's, much as it pains me to say that, and I don't know yet if Heroes has Who's consistency.

I don't have BBCA even because my cable company is absurd (haven't even seen 'Hex') so my experience with British TV runs to 'Dark Shadows' and 'Who'.
'Hex' leaves me cold to the point of hypothermia, to be honest. Irritating posh schoolgirls trying to be Buffy/Cordelia/whatever...No.

WerenCole
09-24-2007, 08:27 PM
The Gang is Back! Tonight. . . 9:00 pm EST (or 8:00 CST I presume).

Let us see how they do. . .

The_Grand_Duchess
09-25-2007, 12:34 AM
I set the reminder!

Pike
09-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Got the kids settled in, getting take out for dinner and turning off the phone!

Pike

The_Grand_Duchess
09-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Sooooooo how hot was Peter with out the bangs there??

I'm so excited for this season already!

childeroland
09-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Wasn't the twins' power supposed to work in conjunction like the Wonder Twins? If so, I wonder how Alejandro contributed to Maya's killing the immigrants and smugglers.

totidem_verbis
09-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Sooooooo how hot was Peter with out the bangs there??

Smokin!

Did you catch the reflection when Nathan looked in the mirror at the bar?

Serenity
09-25-2007, 07:21 AM
Wasn't the twins' power supposed to work in conjunction like the Wonder Twins? If so, I wonder how Alejandro contributed to Maya's killing the immigrants and smugglers.

I think his presence actually kept her from killing them at first. At least, that's my working theory right now.

Smokin!

Did you catch the reflection when Nathan looked in the mirror at the bar?

Memory, perhaps? He obviously believes Peter to be dead, so perhaps that was how he last saw Peter before he went *boom*?

Sage
09-25-2007, 07:23 AM
Memory, perhaps? He obviously believes Peter to be dead, so perhaps that was how he last saw Peter before he went *boom*?
I assumed it was what he imagined Peter would look like if he "had lived".

Serenity
09-25-2007, 07:25 AM

He was also pretty drunk... so yeah, you're probably right.

ChaosTitan
09-25-2007, 07:30 AM
The Petrelli brothers live! :D :D :D

I like that Suresh, Parkman and Bennett are still working together to bring down the Company. Good intrigue there. I'm also very curious about the Wonder Twins. And Claire's new friend; looks like Nathan isn't the only hero who can fly.

totidem_verbis
09-25-2007, 08:12 AM

I wondered if it was something similar to the Niki/Jessica thing with the mirrors. She was in close proximity to Peter when he was fighting Sylar so Peter has her abilities. Although that doesn't explain why Nathan saw what he did. I guess I'm just imagining things. :Shrug:

Pike
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Okay... I'm just getting halfway through the show here on the west coast so I'm ignoring the posts. But BTW - Did anyone read the article in EW? It explains the let down from the first season finale. It also say that they plan on making up for that mistake. Read it.

Pike

katiemac
09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
The episode was good, not great, but I like slow setups so I'm not complaining. Glad to see both brothers back, and that the company's not going to get away with anything.

Plus... David Anders!!!

Pike
09-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Yep, it was good stuff. It had to be a bitch to re-introduce such a huge cast, add the newbies, and produce a new set of storylines but I thought it went off damned well. Especially liked the Bennets at dinner. How the hell do you act normal after their last year? Seems they haven't figured it out either.

Pike

Mjollnir13
09-25-2007, 05:22 PM
The only thig I don't understand, about Peter, is why didn't he just fly by himself, in the season 1 finale? Why did Nathan have to grab him and fly wth him?

I liked last nights episode. I can't wait to see the new villain, the one Molly is having nightmares about. I guess I shouldn't build up too much anticipation though since I thought Mr. Linderman was a huge disappointment

Oh, and does anybody know which episode Kristen Bell's character appears?

kristie911
09-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I didn't watch last year but I did watch last night's episode. Obviously, I'm a little lost but I really enjoyed the show anyway. (I get the premise of the show and the characters so I'm not totally lost)

How hard is it going to be for me to get into the show after missing the first season? I can't go out and buy the first season DVD right now.

Pike
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM
You might be a little hard to get into the groove but they promise that this a new season and new stories so you can jump right in. IN a couple of episodes you should have it all down.

As for Peter not flying, the story goes that he was so overcome with controlling the energy buildup that he couldn't pull on another power. I was reading the article in Entertainment Weekly and Tim Kring said that they planned for a big finale, with energy blasts and flying trucks but had to scale it back due to budget constaints. Even though they were one of the hottest shows last season, they were still a fledgling show so they couldn't go all out. Just wait to see what they can do this year.

The other piece is that they scaled back the season into two sweeping story arcs instead of one. THis way they can hit the high points faster and springboard into another new direction, making it less reliant on us to watch every episode to get all the info.

Pike

Pike
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Oh, and does anybody know which episode Kristen Bell's character appears?

I think it's ep #4.

Pike

LemonyShepard
09-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, last nights episode was amazingly mysterious (as always), but also raised so many questions.

Many of you have even passed up the number one question that's been bugging me: how is it that Nathan is alive at all? I mean, it makes sense for Peter to live. Whenever Ted Sprague exploded, he always recovered. But Nathan's only power is flight, not regeneration. If he was anywhere near Peter when he exploded, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

But also...what about that secret organization that Angela Petrelli and Mr. Nakamura were in? Was it a group for the parents of super-powered children? After all, Angela and Mr. Nakamura have super-powered kids. They mentioned Linderman. Does he have a super-powered kid? Will Nathan get a similar threat? Claire is his biological daughter.

Did the hooded man who killed Mr. Nakamura have any connections with the dark nightmare man that has been infesting Molly's dreams? Has Sylar teamed up with him/them? What are Maya's powers? What about the Midas-like man who can turn things to gold? What's his story? What happened to Nikki, DL, and Michah? Who erased Peter's memory? Are their intentions good or evil? Does Peter still have all of his borrowed powers? If not, what was that blue blast he used?

And why was Noah Bennet so freaking awesome in this episode?

Too many questions for me...I seriously cannot wait for next weeks episode!

kristie911
09-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to surf around the 'net a bit and find some discussions on the show...at least so I get everyone's names down. I know the actors names but not the characters names that go with them...and of course, all their individual powers. I got a glimpse last night of some of them. :D

katiemac
09-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Kristie, Entertainment Weekly (www.ew.com (http://www.ew.com)) has a section devoted to Heroes catch-up.

ChaosTitan
09-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Many of you have even passed up the number one question that's been bugging me: how is it that Nathan is alive at all? I mean, it makes sense for Peter to live. Whenever Ted Sprague exploded, he always recovered. But Nathan's only power is flight, not regeneration. If he was anywhere near Peter when he exploded, he wouldn't have stood a chance.

That we know of. The great thing about this show is that we don't know everything right away. We get it in drips and drabs. My guess is he either gave Peter a might punt into the sky and flew away before the fireworks, or there's still more we don't know about Nathan.

Oh yeah, I was just waiting for him to unload on that dipwad of a boss. He didn't disappoint. :D

The_Grand_Duchess
09-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Well, last nights episode was amazingly mysterious (as always), but also raised so many questions.

I'm guessing he tossed his bro into the air and kept on keeping on. Are Peter made him drop him which is why he's so guilt ridden. And also, Nathan is a yummy yummy man.

But also...what about that secret organization that Angela Petrelli and Mr. Nakamura were in? Was it a group for the parents of super-powered children? After all, Angela and Mr. Nakamura have super-powered kids. They mentioned Linderman. Does he have a super-powered kid? Will Nathan get a similar threat? Claire is his biological daughter.

I'm thinking it's not becuase Sulu didn't know Hiro had powers until he started his quest. Prior to that he thought he was a failure. And Linderman had powers of his own so that doesn't work. I'm thinking that it's a group of people with a lot of money who took it upon themselves to police the world.

Did the hooded man who killed Mr. Nakamura have any connections with the dark nightmare man that has been infesting Molly's dreams? Has Sylar teamed up with him/them? What are Maya's powers? What about the Midas-like man who can turn things to gold? What's his story? What happened to Nikki, DL, and Michah? Who erased Peter's memory? Are their intentions good or evil? Does Peter still have all of his borrowed powers? If not, what was that blue blast he used?

DL, Micah, and Nikki will be in the next episode. Peter's memory. . . hmm. Who said it was erased? Perhaps they were transferred to Nathan and that's why he sees what he sees. BTW I don't think Jessica was any part of Nikki's powers. I think she was just crazy.

Because he's freaking awesome that's why!

Too many questions for me...I seriously cannot wait for next weeks episode!

And I just learned that you can't just have the quote box. You have to say something outside of it. That's weak.

Sage
09-26-2007, 06:23 AM
But also...what about that secret organization that Angela Petrelli and Mr. Nakamura were in? Was it a group for the parents of super-powered children? After all, Angela and Mr. Nakamura have super-powered kids. They mentioned Linderman. Does he have a super-powered kid? Will Nathan get a similar threat? Claire is his biological daughter. I am under the impression that the group was of people who had super-powers. The previous generation. Mrs. Petrelli and/or Linderman mentioned trying to save the world as a group & then realizing a different goal eventually. I assumed the people being killed now were part of that group. Mrs. Petrelli definitely said she had powers, although we never saw them.

childeroland
09-26-2007, 06:41 AM
Possible Spoiler Alert

IMHO Peter got his electrical power from her character, as she may exhibit that ability and may have something to do with him ending up where he has.

I think it's ep #4.

Pike

Azraelsbane
09-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I am under the impression that the group was of people who had super-powers. The previous generation. Mrs. Petrelli and/or Linderman mentioned trying to save the world as a group & then realizing a different goal eventually. I assumed the people being killed now were part of that group. Mrs. Petrelli definitely said she had powers, although we never saw them.

I'm almost positive this is right. I think Mr. Nakamura needed a sword for his power to work, or some such nonsense, but I was always under the impression they were just 1 generation back with super powers. Thus, the same that happened to them, could happen to this generation.

I liked the episode, but the only thing I had a problem with was the very end. I HATE amnesia. ;) It makes me feel like I'm watching a daytime soap opera.

Pike
09-26-2007, 09:17 AM
For Kristie and all others looking for inside info on the characters, go to NBC's Hero site and look up their Wiki files. It's extensive and answers so many questions, such as what is Nikki's power? So much debate came up whether or not she was channeling her dead sister or some sort of gestalt but as it turns out, the producers were aiming towards a good old fashioned "Jekyll/ Hyde" situation. There's lots of info to digest but can get anyone up to speed.

Pike

katiemac
09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I liked the episode, but the only thing I had a problem with was the very end. I HATE amnesia. ;) It makes me feel like I'm watching a daytime soap opera.

I'll agree with you there, although I suppose if someone explodes they're allowed a little memory loss. BUT if the company's involved with Peter, they might be responsible for it -- Parkman and others had episodes of memory loss after they were abducted, and by the looks they've had Peter for awhile.

Pike
09-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't know if they had Peter, unless you've got an inside tip from the graphic novel or somewhere else. If the Company had Peter I couldn't imagine them leaving him in a cargo container. He's like the ultimate weapon, one they'd want to breed or clone from. Don't know except that Monday can't come fast enough.

Pike

Sarita
09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm just glad we saw Peter at the end. If we didn't, I wasn't going to watch anymore. They really snagged me with those last 2 minutes.

And the Nathan mirror thing? I'll need to see it again. It looked to me like it was Nathan's face disfigured from part of the blast as he was flying away, not Peter's face. And I think the guy who Molly sees is Sylar. There's no way he's dead... Sylar could be the Midas Touch hero. That guy freaked me out.

Writer14
09-26-2007, 09:09 PM
It can't be Sylar that Molly sees (i think you mean in her dreams) because she said something about it being the boogeyman, rather then sylar.

Gee...i wonder if that made any sense at all..

Sarita
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
It can't be Sylar that Molly sees (i think you mean in her dreams) because she said something about it being the boogeyman, rather then sylar.But didn't she call Sylar the "bad man" last season?

I don't know. I'm stretching. We'll see!

Azraelsbane
09-26-2007, 10:38 PM
But didn't she call Sylar the "bad man" last season?

Yeah, she did, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Sylar is definitely coming back, as indicated by lead-in commercials.

katiemac
09-27-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah, she did, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Sylar is definitely coming back, as indicated by lead-in commercials.

It's not a stretch, but if they're smart I think they'll be introducing another, bigger villain. He's associated with the same mark as Jessica/Hero's sword, and I don't recall Sylar having that connection yet. Anyway, Sylar's definitely coming back but I hope they have another villain too.

Sage
09-27-2007, 02:19 AM
But didn't she call Sylar the "bad man" last season?

Last year, Molly specifically said that she could find anyone (including Sylar) except the one guy (this "boogeyman") because when she thought about him, he could see her.

ChaosTitan
09-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Any other "Enterprise" fans notice Lt Reed--er, Dominic Keating as one of the Irish blokes who found Peter in the cargo container?

Mjollnir13
09-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Any other "Enterprise" fans notice Lt Reed--er, Dominic Keating as one of the Irish blokes who found Peter in the cargo container?

I thought he looked familiar. I miss Enterprise.

WerenCole
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
It seems that Peter has been doing a little time traveling. . . conspiracy theories?

Pike
09-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Well ya, he jumped four months into the future. I know, that was bad. Sorry.

I don't know what happened and that makes the show so much fun. I like being surprised and anxious about the next episodes. I don't that much from a show. So I don't have any theories as of yet, just looking forward to Mondays like I've never been before!

Pike

WerenCole
10-05-2007, 08:11 PM
So folks. . . how do we like the new, enhanced, more attractive Peter Petrelli (or the reverse for Nathan)?

Perhaps Parkman has a thing or to up his sleeves. . . I doubt it though.

ChaosTitan
10-05-2007, 08:49 PM
So folks. . . how do we like the new, enhanced, more attractive Peter Petrelli (or the reverse for Nathan)?

*pant* *pant* *drool*

WerenCole
10-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, he kind of toned up, huh? More hero like now.

Pike
10-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Cruising like a superhero, minus the chaffing tights. Loved the episode. Plenty going on with the obvious "lives are about to collide" gambit going on - and I can't wait to see the fall out! BTW - where the hell has Nikki been? Is it due to Ali's work on Resurrection that kept her from hitting the first few episodes?

Pike

ChaosTitan
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
SPOILERS for upcoming episodes!!!

Either Ali's shooting schedule or the writers needing time to add in the new characters. Either way, Nikki and Micah (not sure if DL survived or not) are going to turn up in Louisiana. Nichelle Nichols is slated to guest star, too, so my guess is she'll be Micah's grandmother.

Pike
10-07-2007, 01:10 AM
I heard about Nichelle a few weeks ago, and stupidly forgot all about it. What a dork! I really enjoyed George Takai's time on the show. Always thought he'd be fun to watch either as a corporate raider or a vicious lawyer. He's got such a commanding voice and presense. I'm looking forward to seeing another ST alumni on the show. Nichelle will smooth right into place.

Pike

katiemac
10-07-2007, 03:07 AM
So, here's a question: Is Claire (and now, Peter) immortal? If so, looks like David Anders (err, Kenzei) is, too. I'm guessing Anders is a Petrilli ancestor. And if that's the case ... if Hiro returns to the future, is he taking Anders with him, or is he still alive in the present?

totidem_verbis
10-07-2007, 06:01 AM
So, here's a question: Is Claire (and now, Peter) immortal? If so, looks like David Anders (err, Kenzei) is, too. I'm guessing Anders is a Petrilli ancestor. And if that's the case ... if Hiro returns to the future, is he taking Anders with him, or is he still alive in the present?

I was wondering the same thing. It doesn't seem like they can be killed but will they continue to age? Kenzei would be a really really old guy...

katiemac
10-07-2007, 07:24 AM
It doesn't seem like they can be killed but will they continue to age?

I wonder if it depends on the age when their power truly manifests. If we're talking regeneration, Claire's cells are constantly regenerating to current DNA. Maybe.

Pike
10-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Is this another homage to the X-Men? I remember a story line from about five years ago about a group of immmortal mutants, and Wolvie was one of them. Can't recall the gist of the story, just that detail.

Pike

PS - I like the X-Men so I'm not complaining, just surmising. :)

ChaosTitan
10-07-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't wait for the day when something appears in the X-Men comics, and people start to say, "Hey, is that an homage to Heroes!?!"

Mjollnir13
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
There is a way to kinda kill them, more like an off switch. Remember the branch and glass that were in the back of their heads? I would think there is a way they could die...we just don't know it yet, obviously.

One thing I was thinking, wouldn't invisible people be blind? Doesn't the eye need to refract light? How could it if light passed through it?

ChaosTitan
10-09-2007, 01:02 AM
There I would think there is a way they could die...

I think a quick separation of head from neck would do the trick.... hard to come back from that.

;)

Sage
10-09-2007, 02:57 AM
I think a quick separation of head from neck would do the trick.... hard to come back from that.

;)
Well, when you think about it, Claire was supposed to die when Sylar took her brain. So, yeah, it implies they can be killed. BUT when she cuts off her toe & a new one grows back, that suggests that if you remove a part of her, her body should regenerate anyway. Would that apply to the head or the brain. If they can be stabbed in the brain, but come back from that with no problems, & can regenerate a whole toe that's been cut off (which we have not much proof, but we can assume works properly), why not regenerate the brain completely if it was removed? And even if it is removed & nothing regenerates, could the brain be put back & they live again (just as they were dead with the branch & glass in, but alive once they were pulled out)?

ChaosTitan
10-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, when you think about it, Claire was supposed to die when Sylar took her brain. So, yeah, it implies they can be killed. BUT when she cuts off her toe & a new one grows back, that suggests that if you remove a part of her, her body should regenerate anyway. Would that apply to the head or the brain. If they can be stabbed in the brain, but come back from that with no problems, & can regenerate a whole toe that's been cut off (which we have not much proof, but we can assume works properly), why not regenerate the brain completely if it was removed? And even if it is removed & nothing regenerates, could the brain be put back & they live again (just as they were dead with the branch & glass in, but alive once they were pulled out)?

*implodes*

Sage
10-09-2007, 05:51 AM
*implodes*
Oh, that's my power.

kristie911
10-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Ugh...I really need to get my hands on the first season of Heroes and watch it. I'm trying to get into this season, and I love the characters but I just don't really get it.

If it wasn't for Milo Ventimiglia, I probably would have given up by now. Good lord that guy is hot! :D

Azraelsbane
10-09-2007, 06:17 AM

Not only did she regenerate a toe, but if any of you have it tivo'd, you can go back and check out just how advanced the regen process is. She regen'd a toe with polish already on it! :D

kristie911
10-09-2007, 06:39 AM
She regen'd a toe with polish already on it! :D

I noticed that. That's just f-ing impressive! Think of what you'd save on pedicures. Polish gets worn, just hack that toe of and it'll come back good as new! :D

Mjollnir13
10-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Ugh...I really need to get my hands on the first season of Heroes and watch it.

That's what I did before season 2 started. I didn't watch it at all last year, just crammed all of the episodes in one week just in time for the season 2 premiere. Glad I did, too.

The_Grand_Duchess
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Not only did she regenerate a toe, but if any of you have it tivo'd, you can go back and check out just how advanced the regen process is. She regen'd a toe with polish already on it! :D

That's that Dende good healing stuff. Repairs your clothes and everything. Points if you know what I'm talking about.

Azraelsbane
10-11-2007, 02:08 AM
That's that Dende good healing stuff. Repairs your clothes and everything. Points if you know what I'm talking about.

Please tell me we're not bringing DBZ into this.

Voyager
10-11-2007, 02:17 AM
But what about her thoughts and memories and knowledge and personality and and and? I mean, that pinky toe wasn't the old toe that had traveled with her for 16 years, it was a whole new toe. So even if she did grow a new brain, would she still be Claire? ah, got a headache now.

Voyager
10-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. So if a toe can come back polished, (I'm sorry, that's just lame) then a brain can come back intact? I smell a JKR moment.

I noticed that. That's just f-ing impressive! Think of what you'd save on pedicures. Polish gets worn, just hack that toe of and it'll come back good as new! :D

Azraelsbane
10-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. So if a toe can come back polished, (I'm sorry, that's just lame) then a brain can come back intact? I smell a JKR moment.

Do not get me started. I am not bitter. I am not bitter. *walks away rubbing her temples*

The_Grand_Duchess
10-11-2007, 02:21 AM
Please tell me we're not bringing DBZ into this.

Hell to the yeah we are. . . apparently.

Azraelsbane
10-11-2007, 02:26 AM
But what about her thoughts and memories and knowledge and personality and and and? I mean, that pinky toe wasn't the old toe that had traveled with her for 16 years, it was a whole new toe. So even if she did grow a new brain, would she still be Claire? ah, got a headache now.

Also, something to think about. If one of my immortals gets decapitated, they grow a new body, which is excruciatingly painful and takes a long time. I'd imagine the body couldn't regen a head, but perhaps a head regen a body? Though regen is tons quicker in Heroes than my version. :)

Pike
10-11-2007, 03:46 AM
I don't know if they'll go that far with how much can an immortal regen. It's almost like the "time warp" theory question that gets kicked around often. I'm more interested in how much they'll rip off of her to show us the gruesome process again and again. I don't tend to be a gore hound but there's something about watching the process with a "this might be how it would really look and feel" slant rather then all the old shows we grew up with when someone miraculously healed and it wiped the blood and scene clean.

Also, anyone notice that there's been more active power usage going on? I think that since the show was new they had to play it safe but now they appear to have all kinds of funds and time to throw out the jam. Peter shoves a truck, his chest spits out bullets, and he pinned the thug to the wall. All in one episode! Not to mention the Claire/ Boyfriend flight scene (cheesy or not). I just hope they can slow down and spend a few more minutes per Hero rather then skipping headlong between everybody.

Pike

The_Grand_Duchess
10-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Also, something to think about. If one of my immortals gets decapitated, they grow a new body, which is excruciatingly painful and takes a long time. I'd imagine the body couldn't regen a head, but perhaps a head regen a body? Though regen is tons quicker in Heroes than my version. :)

That's what happens in Tomei. Which is why she keeps coming back to wreak horror upon small towns in Japan. She's creepy.

rosebud1981
10-14-2007, 05:15 PM
So is Series 2 as bad as I've been hearing? I've been told that there are some shocking Irish accents. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised at that :Shrug:

I haven't decided yet if I'll give it a go or not. Series 1 went downhill rapidly in the last few episodes. To be honest there are not enough interesting characters. Sylar I like a lot (is he still here in series 2?), as well as the invisible guy, Claire's father, the radioactive guy (Ted?) and the Haitian. The others are dull and Hiro is awful

Pike
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't think it went down hill. It had to be a challenge to run the whole season on one primary story line. Personally, I think it damned well. The only trouble I see is that they're jamming too much into each episode. Hopefully it will slow back down to the pacing they established in season one.

Pike

ChaosTitan
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm still happily enjoying the series. I never thought the end of season one went downhill. Rather, I thought season one started off too slowly, so I'm enjoying the pace of season two.

My only real complaint so far is there isn't nearly enough Nathan Petrelli. ;)

Azraelsbane
10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Hmm, Hiro is my favorite character, by far, though I have to admit I'm getting pissy with him lately. For the love of God man, YOU are supposed to be the legendary hero. Make that British bastard your sidekick and take the woman!

childeroland
10-16-2007, 01:56 AM
So far I'm lovin' Season 2. No it ain't 'Buffy', but I bet everything comes together nicely -- plus, Kristen Bell makes her 'Heroes' debut next week. Molly's nightmares, the Heroes virus, West's 'revelation' about Claire's Dad, Isaac's painting, Peter's increasing control of his powers and the promise of learning more about the older Heroes -- pretty intriguing so far.

Sage
10-16-2007, 05:06 AM
Hmm, Hiro is my favorite character, by far, though I have to admit I'm getting pissy with him lately. For the love of God man, YOU are supposed to be the legendary hero. Make that British bastard your sidekick and take the woman!
Oh, you don't think it's non-Hiro Kensei who's killing the parents? That's who I had pegged for it. (You know, after he goes mad when Hiro takes the woman ;) )

Azraelsbane
10-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh, you don't think it's non-Hiro Kensei who's killing the parents? That's who I had pegged for it.

Dunno, I thought I saw some breasts under that hoodie when he/she killed Sulu.

Serenity
10-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Nathan sans the beard...

Where's the drooly icon when you need one?????

Pike
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Yep, happy with what I could watch last night. As soon as Heroes started up, my kids broke into a fight. I watch maybe two shows a week and they always know when to freak out. Aside of my whinning, I felt that this episode gelled nicely. Nathan starting to
take responcibility for following mommies wicked ways, Matt trying to connect with Nathan, our new hero Monica is a sweet touch (hope she never watches a Bruce Lee marathon), and more.

But did I miss something? How did Sylar pop up like he did? Help...

Pike