I got a gig!

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I had a great meeting at the weekend.

A producer asked to take up an option he had on one of my scripts. I spent 3 hours with the producer and a director, and signed a contract that means I get paid (whoo hoo!), and I produce 2 more drafts. The producer is now off trying to drum up cash ( he's talking somewhere around $1million), and over the next month I'm working on the second draft with input from the director...

Had one of those coincidence things as well... the script is about, in part, the nature of coincidence. We were talking about who we might get to play the lead role. The director says "How about that guy from Shaun of the Dead".. the producer says, "Why don't we ask him... he's sitting over there."

Simon Pegg was sitting six feet away from me, and I hadn't even noticed
smiley.gif

Willie
Come on over and join my friends and I at...
http://www.myspace.com/williemeikle

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Willie. Congratulations big-time. Here's hoping the second draft flies out of your fingertips and he raises the money instantly.:banana:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Super news for you, Willie! :hooray: Congratulations and much good luck!:hooray:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
That's so cool. I liked Shaun of the Dead too. Congrats on the option and keep us in the loop when the play/movie is done.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing!:hooray: Way to go!