Status
Not open for further replies.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
You can read more here, if you dare. She swore at one of them, and then spat on his lense. You can hear her friends giggle at what she did. And I found the perfect smiley for this...
:e2photo:

Ewww. How gross. :( Yeah, I know, some of those photographers are jerks who follow the stars everywhere. But you don't spit on them. (Besides, it's not as if this guy was following her into the restroom. This happened outside a nightclub.) Lavigne has since apologized for her actions on a statement on her website, but she said her behavior was a response to "the persistent attack from the paparazzi."

Sigh. I'll admit that I've seen cases where I don't blame the star for acting out. But spitting is so juvenile. Besides, so many of these stars complain about the photographers following them, but you know damn well that if those photographers weren't there, they would get angry at them for not following them and wonder what was wrong.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, she really is a classy babe.

(and by classy babe I mean pig)

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, did it have to be spitting? I hate when people do that, it's gross and showy, like farting (on purpose). I don't blame her for doing something though. Most paparazzi are lower than scum. It's a good thing I'm not famous because I'd be just as bad with them, mostly because I'm shy and socially anxious and act out (not physically) as a defense mechanism. The idea of people watching my every move absolutely terrifies me.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But Jenna spit with love. And nobody giggled. Except Spooky. And Trish. And Kev...You're right. It's the same thing.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Did he spit back? My 21-year-old daughter, who is a pretty good vocalist doing traditional Irish folk music kinds of things, regards Avril Levigne with a level of esteem equivalent to that of Dick Cheney, a step or two below that of Pol Pot.

caw.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that wasn't very nice of Avril, was it?

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
At least she didn't break his camera. That would have been a jagged little pill to swallow. :tongue

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Shadow_Ferret said:
(Psst. Wrong artist. Alanis Morissette did Jagged Little Pill.) :)

Oops! I knew that.

What I get for trying to be clever after only one cup of coffee. :flag:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I abhor the paparazzi who get way out of line, spitting on anyone for any reason is disgusting. As far as spitting being juvenile, well, Avril is barely an adult and has been in the public eye since around the time she hit puberty. She clearly hasn't grown up yet.

Nangleator

Rep Point Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I just love how she clenches her tiny fists and glares because she's young, attractive, rich, famous, talented, and boys like her.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
As someone who lived through the punk rock era where the air was thick with spittle, not to mention blood and snorters, this outrageous incident has considerably less shock value than my stubbing my toe this morning. A great set of pipes, Avril. Maybe she was just clearing her megaphone-sized gobhole before bursting into angst-filled song.

-Derek
My Web Page - shameless vampyre fiction & other shameless writings.
But, whenever there was a problem or something creepy happened, you seemed to show up and stop it. Most of the people here have been saved by you, or helped by you at one time or another. We're proud to say that the Class of '99 has the lowest mortality rate of any graduating class in Sunnydale history.

expatbrat

Look what we made:
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.expatbrat.com
blacbird said:
Did he spit back? My 21-year-old daughter, who is a pretty good vocalist doing traditional Irish folk music kinds of things, regards Avril Levigne with a level of esteem equivalent to that of Dick Cheney, a step or two below that of Pol Pot.

caw.

Dick Cheney perhaps but not Pol Pot... Nothing is as low as Pol Pot. Avril could remove her tampon and smear it on the photographers lens and be an angle compared to Pol Pot (and if you think that is gross, go to Phnom Penh and check out some of Pot Pots actual techniques).

I like Avril's music - it's fantastic to bike or run to.

Declan

Registered
Reaction score
Poor little thing.

She had probably just finished listening to some of her music.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
TsukiRyoko said:
That's what fake, industrialized punk will do to ya. Tsk tsk tsk.

TELL me about it. If I see one more wussy-gothic-punk little **** listening to Avril Lavigne or Good Charlotte, or some tripe like that, I swear I'm going to scream. There's a whole tribe of them at the mall, and I don't think any of them have any clue what punk actually is. (For one thing, their clothes are well-washed and they've put a lot of time into grooming).:)

They're about as tough as boy band fans.

If I had paparazzi following me, then I would just dress very embarassingly all the time.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Ugh, I hate the well groomed, gentle types. After all, nothing says punk like a good, dirty, dusty, swift kick to the face- they keep forgetting that.

If I had paparazzi following me, I just wouldn't dress at all "Naked Andi, spotted at the mall today....")

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
She should have rolled over and played dead.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
The best thing to do with Paprazzi is what George Clooney jokes about. He's going to spend each day with a different woman, except Friday, where he'll walk down the beach hand in hand with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Brilliance. Sheer brilliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.