Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net

Caro

Registered
Reaction score
Gah. As much as I love the whole concept of NaNo, it's ripe picking grounds for people who think their 50,000 words is ready for the market.

I shuddered when I saw the response from one that she'd gotten advice from an attorney and knew what she was doing. (That and the fact her tone was irritating and a bit condescending.)

Sarashay

Shut Up and Write
Registered
Reaction score
I actually gave thought to sending them my NaNovel last year just to clog up their works with a novel I wouldn't spend money on.

But I decided that I liked my characters too much to place them there, if that makes any sense.

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
Caro said:
I shuddered when I saw the response from one that she'd gotten advice from an attorney and knew what she was doing. (That and the fact her tone was irritating and a bit condescending.)

The attorney bit was the worst. What do you say to that...I almost typed to her that she may have had the wrong attorney for the job but i'm not qualified to say so.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Tirjasdyn said:
The attorney bit was the worst. What do you say to that...I almost typed to her that she may have had the wrong attorney for the job but i'm not qualified to say so.
You might not be qualified, but you're right. :) Most attorneys do not have a clue about what is standard for publishing contracts, what clauses are Evil, etc. Unless an attorney is a practicing attorney with experience in publishing contracts, then saying "But my attorney looked at the contract and said it was fine" is like saying "But Anne read the treasure map written in ancient Greek and said we should turn left at this tree, then... Aaaaaaaa!" (THUD!!!) :D

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
"PA Targeting Nanos"

Isnt that akin to pedophiles targeting playgrounds?

Its sad to think how so many good intentioned yet uniformed writers will be led astray by them.