Not open for further replies.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
What is WRONG with people????

Reported here first, since we're almost 'local' but some jackass walked into a one room Amish school house and shot a bunch of kids. Killed at least three, then himself.

Coulda saved everyone a lot of grief if he just did the last part first.

So I ask again -what is WRONG WITH PEOPLE! These Amish folks are just living their lives, not hurting anyone.

Jackass.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Yeah, I already had this - but it's the 'what is WRONG with people' thread. Also one is Las Vegas today too, but no reports on that one. Whoops, I didn't see this was in the Current events forum.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
I am curious to see what link this shooter had to the school.
I am not too far from the recent Montreal school shootings.
What is the source of this trend to shoot school children? It's mind-boggling to me. I don't recall anything like school shootings happening, 15, 20, 25 years ago.
Am I just forgetting, or is this a bizarre new method of expressing insanity?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
That's just horrible. First Colorado, and now this. People are going on shooting school children rampant... What's going on?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
That's just horrible. First Colorado, and now this. People are going on shooting school children rampant... What's going on?
One does it . . . then it's all over the news . . . then someone else does it to get their 15 minutes of fame.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
There is a press conference going on now. Before it, they were reporting that at least six people are known dead. I don't know if that number includes the shooter -- but I wouldn't include him in the "person" category. Now they seem to have a lower (thank God!) number. Earlier reports said the shooter was named Roy, but they gave a full name during the press conference.

He was a truck driver from the area (who drove a milk truck that picked up milk from farms). He left suicide notes for his wife and kids implying that he was going to kill himself and that this was all in revenge for something that happened 20 years ago. And he only shot girls, so we don't know if this guy was boiling over something that happened to him when he was a kid (what an idiot) or was just imagining that he was taking revenge on these poor girls.

It has been reported that police are also scouring the surrounding area to look for victims who might have fled after being wounded.

Last edited:

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I merged the threads.

thanks Jenna. :)

Yes, this jerkoff a-hole did the world a favor and shot himself. If only he would have done that and left the girls alone. The details are still sketchy, but apparently this guy just went off his rocker. Left notes to his kids and wife, ranting about taking revenge for something that happened 20 years ago.

He let the boys go, and the pregnant teacher and the teachers with infants. Then he tied up the girls and executed them.

Let me ask - what kind of thing could AMISH people have done to this jerk two decades ago that warrants killing an innocent six year old girl??? 6-13 were the ages of the victims. These gentle people who never hurt anyone, and this.. .I don't even have enough curse words for him... goes in and ties them up and shoots them. For 'revenge' for something that happened before these girls were even born. The jack *** was 12 when whatever happened happened. What so some little Amish girl turned him down for a date? I can't imagine what an Amish girl did to him to make him crazy 20 years later.

I don't really believe in hell, but I hope his sould is reincarnated as a dung beetle. In a Pennsylvania cow pasture.

His name, if anyone cares, is Charles Carl Roberts IV. Oh, and for a trucker he had an enormous house. Just 'cause they're showing it here.

Last edited:

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
This is really disgusting. Children have a right to be safe in school.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
alleycat said:
One does it . . . then it's all over the news . . . then someone else does it to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I know alot of people think this is the source, and I guess it could be...but I personally don't think it is. I categorize that theory in the same vein as kids will commit suicide because they hear rap music, or all the other claims society has placed on the various forms of media...
This is something different, a trend that had developed in the last decade (I think, don't quote me) for crazy people with guns to prey on the most vulnerable and innocent, at a time where they are congregated and free of parental protection. There's got to be more to the pyschology of this then some cretin saw some other cretin do it, so they want to do it too.

It is such a strange crime.

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I really, REALLY wanna know what his reason was, what he was 'taking revenge for'. Because there IS no excuse.

If someone assaulted you, you take it up with that individual, not innocent children.

I can't remember the last time I was so mad and heartbroken at the same time. These people don't even have phones - who knows how far the teacher had to run to find a phone to get help.

cree

Registered
Reaction score
Odd. I just saw for myself the news account for this out of Philly. They said the shooter has a wife and children. They did an aerial shot of the shooter's home, and it appears quite lovely. I know appearances aren't that relevant, but still...Unlike Colorado and Montreal and others, this does not appear to be a guy on the brink of society with nothing to lose....

Christine N.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that that sh!thead was nothing more than a coward. Shooting young girls that weren't even born when whatever 'incident' took place he was taking revenge for.

Not a man, just a coward. Sh!thead. Now he leaves his wife and children behind to deal with this - like he didn't just scar them for life. I feel bad for his family, and my heart aches for that poor Amish community.

That house the news had on earlier was not the shooters; his house is much more modest.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Christine N. said:
Thinking about it, I've come to the conclusion that that sh!thead was nothing more than a coward. Shooting young girls that weren't even born when whatever 'incident' took place he was taking revenge for.

Not a man, just a coward.
Yes. He thought this whole thing through precisely and he took others down with him. I mean, this guy had 2x4's and 2x6's to shut the doors and windows. He had twist-ties and rope to bind their ankles. He wrote several notes. And he took other's lives as retribution for what happened to him so many years ago. A coward who was thinking clearly and knowingly of what he was doing, and chose children in a quiet area to carry out his misplaced anger.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Christine N. said:
Update - the act for which the revenge was taken had nothing to do with the Amish.

SO, why in Dog's name, WHY????
Maybe because he was too cowardly to try this at a school that had better security. Or too lazy to go somewhere else? Can't rationalize the unrational. Like you said, he was a sh!thead.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
The sad part of this tragedy is that "If our children are not safe in an Amish community school, then where?".

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
The sad part of this tragedy is that "If our children are not safe in an Amish community school, then where?".

That's what I thought.

tiny

riding the sun
Registered
Reaction score
Southern California between the Desert and the Mou
Website
www.facebook.com
aadams73 said:
This is really disgusting. Children have a right to be safe in school.

But they aren't safe. They aren't safe anywhere. It's sad that this country is in a place where we have to have someone come into the schools to explain to the children how to get out if a gunman breaks in.

I lived not far from Columbine and when it happened they locked down all the schools in the area. My son took weeks to recover from this even though he was not at Columbine High School. He couldn't bear to be at school, and when I finally took him back, the police presence that made me feel better scared the hell out of him.

I don't think there will ever be an explanation good enough to make any of us understand why. There can't be. But isn't it strange that we all want one?

Status
Not open for further replies.