Exciting to see my play!

rhymegirl

Last night I went to see my play performed by our local community theatre group. It is supposed to be funny, so I sat there nervously hoping the audience would laugh. It's so strange to be watching something you're so familiar with.

Well, the audience did laugh, thankfully, and showed their applause. I was so excited about it I've decided to write more plays. I didn't get paid for this, but it didn't really matter. This kind of joy and satisfaction is payment enough.

Maryn

It's Great, Isn't It?

I don't consider myself an aspiring playwright, so the one play I had produced is probably it, for me.

But man, don't you love it when they chuckle, laugh, or gasp, and clap at the end? I can see why actors would prefer the stage to the screen, large or small. When it goes well, the audience is about all the pumping up a normal-sized ego can take!

If you've got another play, or a dozen, in you, I can certainly see why you'd want to do it again. Congratulations!

Maryn, who may never again be applauded except presenting the cake at birthday parties (which is fine by me)

Randy Veach

CONGRADULATIONS !!!

I look forward to when I can feel that experience. I hope this is the beginning of successful play writing for you.

Uncletrunx

Limited by talent
Registered
Reaction score
It's a lovely feeling isn't it. Were you involved in the production in any way?

The two pantomimes I've co-written both involved me in the initial productions as well; in the first I played the Dame and in the second, I was the director. It's certainly less nerve wracking to be on the stage rather than watching powerless from the audience!

Burnz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scorpology.com
I am in the midst of writing a play based on true events. I have no idea where to take it after I'm done though. Any suggestions, tips or other help?

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Congratualtions to you and pat yourself on the back for your hard work. :Clap: That would be such a fine moment of accomplishment.
I have to say something here. I have been reading and posting in this community for just a short time. I am already amazed at the scope of talent represented here. Witnessing this amount of enthusiasm towards the craft of writing is becoming quite an inspiration for this lazy writer. You all are "write"-on!:Thumbs:
Congratulations again rhymegirl and good luck in your future ventures.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Kathy, that's soooooo wonderful. It must have been very exciting for you. I could only imagine. Congrats!

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Congratulations!

That is fantastic news rhymegirl. I've been there too and there is nothing as exciting as sitting in an audience and feeling the atmosphere. Also very nerve wracking waiting to see if the audience responds the right way in the right places!

Congratulations, and keep on writing!