Negativity dumping ground...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
...I've got ten proposals or queries in the post at the moment, and in the past couple of days, I've had rejections from a further three agents.

When I send my MSS away, I'm full of hope and within a few hours, it sinks away to despair so strong I can barely write another paragraph.

So I thought I could dump all my negativity in this thread so I can stay positive in real life, and still have hope. Here goes.

I'll never be published.
I'm a sh!t writer.
I've had more knockbacks than anyone else, so I must be a bad writer.
I'll never get an agent.
I'm doomed to being stuck in this life forever.
I'll never be a success.
Every word I write is cr*p.
I'll never be published.
I don't know why I do this to myself.
I'll never be published.
I can't think of anything else I want to do in life.
I'll never be published.
My life is over.

I thank you. Now, try not to slit your wrists after reading this and I'll try to paint a smile on my face.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
My shoulder devil keeps whispering, "You're good. You're just not good enough."

Now, that sucks.

I'm having trouble getting it up to write. Ahem. So to speak.

Reaction score
Oh god, the MEDIOCRE shoulder demon? Slightly less aggressive cousin of the manic-depressive demon? I know him well. Sadly enough.

Reaction score
You too, eh? Yeah, the threads back on track now. Where was I? Depressed. Yes. Right. Great. I'm suicidal again. Marvellous.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm one of those afflicted with a "you suck" shoulder devil. Self-doubt abounds. But I keep writing anyway because I love it. (doesn't mean I have to send it out and confirm for the ****er that he's right and I really do suck!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
scarletpeaches said:
You too, eh? Yeah, the threads back on track now. Where was I? Depressed. Yes. Right. Great. I'm suicidal again. Marvellous.
Why? My not getting an agent only leaves more room for you. Am I supposed to concede that you corner the market on dissatisfaction? Heh. Not bloody likely.

Let's get drunk together.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Stew21 said:
I'm one of those afflicted with a "you suck" shoulder devil. Self-doubt abounds. But I keep writing anyway because I love it. (doesn't mean I have to send it out and confirm for the ****er that he's right and I really do suck!
I don't have a shoulder devil, I just really do suck.

Aaggh, away, satan!

Reaction score
How many knockbacks do you get before you think, "Is it ever going to happen for me?"

Reaction score
Ah, alcohol opens up the doors of perception almost as quick as a big, fat royalties cheque. (I imagine).

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Perks said:
Let's get drunk together.
Loved that song. But as it happens, I already finished the bottle this morning. So it's let's get sober together for me.

Reaction score
Stay out of it, everyone. This is my wallowing thread. I know you all hate me, anyway. I suck.

I'll never get an agent!

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I can't help it, I'm just so happy!
happyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappyhappysadhappyhappyhappyhappyhappymiserablehappyhappyhappyhappyhappy

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
:partyguy: ...for rejection.
Crap, I wish I could get rejected. Of the work I've submitted only one piece has come back-returned unopened. Why? don't know.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Jbal, I know your pain man. I got poems and short stories floating around and can't get anything back either way. Sucks! But I'll submit another couple of stories in a week or so and just wait...and wait...errr....:rant:

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
Jbal, I know your pain man. I got poems and short stories floating around and can't get anything back either way. Sucks! But I'll submit another couple of stories in a week or so and just wait...and wait...errr....:rant:
Makes it tougher not to have a mailing address I would think. Writing is apparently a patient man's game. At least if you want to be published that is.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
ScarletPeaches .....at least your inner-voice is nice. Mine tells me I'm a terrible writer and:

I'm old,
I'm fat,
I'm stupid,
I totally screwed up the past 30 years. (I was ok until I turned 10.....)
ETC.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
jbal said:
I don't have a shoulder devil, I just really do suck.

Aaggh, away, satan!

I don't have a shoulder devil either. Maybe they're afraid of my hump that moves back and forth, like in Young Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.