• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

Workshop in NY! Oct 1-3, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutewrite

Hi all! I will be teaching a 3-day workshop based on the book Outwitting Writer's Block at the Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, NY on October 1-3, 2004. I just turned in the course description, so I don't think it's on their site yet ( www.eomega.com ), but here it is:

Outwitting Writer’s Block
Jenna Glatzer

Come let Jenna knock your block off! If you’ve been staring at a blank page too long, join this workshop where you’ll learn how to relax those clenched creative muscles and let the words flow. Some of us have nasty internal critics who whisper in our ears that everything we write is lousy, some struggle with perfectionism, lack of focus, or procrastination, and some of us have taken wrong turns and aren’t writing what truly fascinates us. Regardless of what stands in your way, this weekend will help you get it out of your way.

Based on Jenna’s best-selling book Outwitting Writer’s Block and Other Problems of the Pen, this workshop is a mix of lectures, group discussion, writing exercises, and feedback. We’ll toss the rules out the window and enjoy a creative oasis filled with humor, energy, and creative breakthroughs. You’re welcome here whether your goal is to write professionally, use writing as therapy, write a memoir for your family, or just have fun with words.

Jenna Glatzer has been called the “Dr. Phil” of writers. She’s the editor-in-chief of AbsoluteWrite.com, the most popular online magazine for writers. She’s also a freelance writer who’s written hundreds of articles for magazines such as Physical, Prevention, Woman’s World, Woman’s Own, and Contemporary Bride, and is a contributing editor at Writer’s Digest. She’s written nine books, hundreds of greeting cards, and has contributed to anthologies such as A Cup of Comfort and the Chicken Soup for the Soul series.

Bring a notebook or two, because you might just be so inspired that you can’t stop!
---

I would be thrilled to meet the people on this forum in person! If you're interested in registering, drop me an e-mail at Jenglatzer @ aol.com, or call Omega at 1-800-944-1001. They can send you a catalog and all the info you need about pricing, housing, etc.

acousticgroupie

jenna,

i can't find out how much this is....but i'm in NJ and interested. more so just to meet you!

kristen

absolutewrite

Thanks, Kristen! Mighty cool of you. The workshop fee is $260 (or $235 if you're a member of Omega). That doesn't include accomodations, though. They have a few choices for accomodations-- some private rooms, some dorm-style, some "tent cabins" and camping options. The housing options are described here and they include meals and activities: www.eomega.org/omega/retr...s/Housing/

Nateskate

If you see this Jenna, I just subscribed here today, and have to say, I love this board.

So, thanks for putting this thing together. It's wonderful!

Nate.

P.S, If you do a workshop in Northeastern Pa, let me know. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.