Federal Agent Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

nganok

Life is Just a Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been gone for sometime, training for one of the alphabet gangs here in the US. Anyway I just wanted to put it out there so if any of you have elements in your scripts that involve FBI, DEA, SS, Military Intel yada yada then I can probably provide you with first hand knowledge and direction (minus top secret info of course). I just read a script riddled with myths about what we do and it actually took a lot from what was a good idea for a screenplay. - Tony

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Thanks for the offer, but to tell the truth, I'm not looking forward to any more contacts with secret services... Not after having been told that my family and I were on IRA's target list (I had a boyfriend at that time, who worked undercover) and having been watched by the police for years at an end. Am not sure either, they're not still tapping our phone.

Would make a nice story, but Im' not going to write it.

Nickie

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(nganok, we have successfully confirmed that this indeed is the Nickie we sought. Good job! Go get your treat.)

nganok, thanks for the post. What field or specialty were you involved?

Winterchase

Registered
Reaction score
Kind of off point

nganok said:
Hey guys Ive been gone for sometime, training for one of the alphabet gangs here in the US. Anyway I just wanted to put it out there so if any of you have elements in your scripts that involve FBI, DEA, SS, Military Intel yada yada then I can probably provide you with first hand knowledge and direction (minus top secret info of course). I just read a script riddled with myths about what we do and it actually took a lot from what was a good idea for a screenplay. - Tony

I've been curious about something; to do a wiretap, requires (or used to) a court order and is no big deal these days, but what about placing a bug? Has that - B&E With Intent (to plant the bloody thing) - ever been legal, in CONUS?

Winterchase

Registered
Reaction score
Yes

Kate Thornton said:
Tony - didja just get out of FLETC? I spent 22+ yrs as a CI agent... Who are you with? (If you can tell)

She means counter-intelligence (not CIA), guys, probably with the CIC, although your brass (in your pic) doesn't indicate it. Right?

BTW, do they still call it the Corps Of Indignant Captains? I still believe CIC really stands for "Christ, I'm Confused." :)

Ah, I miss those days, kind of. It's where I learned to write fiction. Do they still have DAME and DASE, and is there still a Chief Of The Committee? As you can probably guess, I'm a survivor of The Country Club On The Colgate when it was in Baltimore.

Sorry about your stroke. I really am.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
Thanks, Winterchase - yeah, the stroke was a b!^ch!

Yes, counterintelligence, although the CIC has been long gone (turned into DIA in 1961) - I was with INSCOM for a while, then the ITAAS structure and finally at the school at Ft Huachuca in an RFI (school) unit, instructing. Did some time in a CEWI bn, too.

But now I get to play in the contractor world, sit at a desk and do analysis for $$$. I used to miss the other world, but I guess I don't any more - I can always write about cool things even if I can't do them any more.

(In my pic I think you're seeing my WO brass and the school brass. For a long time, my uniform was a civilian suit and when I did wear my Army uniform, I wore no rank or brass, just "U.S.")

"Christ, I'm Confused!" is the one we used, by the way, in the old days. Oh, and there was still DAME & DASE (I'm a grad. Don't even bother to lock your locks) And you really *are* a survivor!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane - we gotta get together more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.