Status
Not open for further replies.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
The subject sounds all grim and stuff, but I've actually had a good day. I'm bubbly and chipper, and so I'm going to tell you about it.

(FIne. Go get a drink. Go read a different thread. Hmpf.)

I got up this morning, had a nice walk, came home and went to Subway with my wife, had a good lunch. Then, she went off to work and I settled in to work.

I'm on-staff of BBT Magazine, who has posted a couple of times under the Paying Markets chunk of the forum here. They asked me to join a few weeks ago, and I happily said yes. I've been busting to say something about it, but I've been quietly waiting while I did some work for them.

This is what I did for them.

If you've been there before, you'll note that the site looks drastically different. If you hadn't been there before, then you'll hopefully note that the site looks cool.

I had expected to build a page or two of the site today, but I got on a roll and I wound up finishing my month-long project in one day and completely rebuilt their site.

Go look. Tell me what you think. I'm so happy. :)

And THEN, being geared up from finishing the site and getting it working, I popped open Microsoft Word and I typed out a short story that I hadn't been able to get to work at all. I've written six drafts of it previously and then abandoned it unhappily. This time, I started writing it, I wrote it, I finished it, it's done. It's called Passionate People, and it's not even remotely a sci-fi story, which is what it was meant to be.

Normally, one or the other of those two things would have been enough for my day. Both is something else altogether. Neat-O is the word.

Last edited:

Becky Writes

Go Tarheels!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccawrites.com
I'm sure you did fantastic work, but the link doesn't work.
:)

Oh lookies, there's a link in your siggy!

Looks great, Pete. Of course, I didn't see it before. But I'm sure it's much better.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Pete,

That is so amazing. I am jealous beyond belief. I did try to visit the site, but it didn't come up. Man, you're on a roll. I have a short story inside that wants to come out, but will have to wait.

You're making me proud, son.

Jon

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Pete! Fix the link so we can at least feeeeelllll the envy!

Oh, nevermind.....there it is.

**slinks out through the link**

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Link in my signature, of course, works. And now, the link in the first message works too.

Silly thing.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
"Wow, you done good work."

(Will you get bonus points from your boss if I use the contacts button on that page too?)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Christine N. said:
Guys, click the link in PeeDee's siggy, it's correct. Or, just take out the www part of the link he posted in the post.

I swear, I didn't post such a huge convoluted link. I wrote "www.bbtmagazine.com" as the link....and it somehow added that into the whole AW address, just to be difficult.

Fer Pete's sake.

The link is totally fixed now. Oggle! Oggle!

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Yay Pete! What a great day. Been awhile since I had a day like that but hopefully I'll replicate some of your success in the near future. I suppose I can at least go to Subway for lunch. ;)

(what did you have?)

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
clock_work9 said:
Yay Pete! What a great day. Been awhile since I had a day like that but hopefully I'll replicate some of your success in the near future. I suppose I can at least go to Subway for lunch. ;)

You can take me there for dinner, if you want. 'M Hungry.

I'm going to go play video games now. 'Cuz I can. 'Cuz I done my work. :D

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
You forgot to mention the Blog, Pete. I almost missed that while I was there.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Rllgthunder said:
You forgot to mention the Blog, Pete. I almost missed that while I was there.

I mentioned it in the news post on the site itself, but I didn't mention it here, 'cuz it's not running quite properly yet. It's just me posting every couple of days, whereas it'll be much cooler in a few weeks.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Pete, I was going to say, "Wow, You Done Good Work," but Mr. Twisted beat me to it. We're all such smart a$$ed jerks aren't we?

But it is! Good work, I mean, not smart a$$ed.

And a story too. Are you planning to sleep tonight, or are you just a little manic at the moment?

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
lets see. about 5 o clock this morning, i was asleep and i accidentally kicked the radiator very hard. causing my toes to bleed, and i tried to get back to sleep.

woke up, had a shower, washed my hair, came on the computer a while.

got up and stubbed my my baby toe on my OTHER foot. and my phone isn't working right.

BUT! i have been listening to gogol bordello, gypsy punks. ba bum fantastic! inspiration for blackout.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on yesterday...

...so, what have you done today? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.