Voter I.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
�Why in the name of god would anyone interested in fair elections be against people having to show an I.D. to vote?

http://www.thehoya.com/viewpoint/092906/view4.cfm

The Federal Election Integrity Act of 2006, which requires all voters in federal elections to provide photo identification starting in 2010, is garnering opposition from many liberals. Perhaps they feel that ensuring the identity of people seeking to vote is less important than for those who’d like to drink a beer or cash a check.

The liberals main STATED reason for not wanting an I.D. is "poor people can't afford it."

To allay concerns that some people might not have identification or be able to afford getting it, voter ID laws mandate that free state voter ID cards be given to all who require one.

So that concern is out.

Is there anyone who is against people having to show an I.D. to vote?

I found one.

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/commentary/20060929_clarke-avery.html

The bill would require all voters to present difficult-to-obtain, costly government-issued photo identification in all federal elections, commencing in November 2008. It also would require that, by 2010, all voters present identification that could only have been obtained upon proof of citizenship.

A. "Difficult to obtain?" For the love of god. Are you that busy? If voting is important to you, you'll go through the rigorous process of getting an I.D.
B. "Costly?" Actually, they're free if you can't afford one.
C. By 2010, you have to have I.D. based on you being an American citizen. Awwww, sorry we want to end the illegal immigrant vote. I know you count on that in certain precincts.

This law, if passed by the Senate, would dramatically revamp the way that we vote in the U.S. by essentially requiring that every voter prove their citizenship as a prerequisite to participating in the political process.

YEAH!!! You don't get to vote if you're not a citizen.:Headbang:

Thank you.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
What I was going to say (the message that got deleted didn't post right for some reason) is that there should never, ever, ever, ever, be a cost to anyone for the right to vote, regardless of your economic status. If there's a charge for these I.D. cards, then they're idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.