• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilblk

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm gearing up for Nanowrimo in November and am having a hard time getting my notes together. I'd like to find someone I can bounce ideas off of.

Genre. Fantasy

Feedback. I want someone who is willing to listen to my ideas and offer feedback. I'm trying to do some world building and outlining so that when November 1st rolls around I'll be ready to start writing. This idea is an idea I've had for about 4 years now and would be the first of a multi-book series so I'm trying to get a firm handle on what the world is like.

Publishing. I'm trying not to think that far in advance. I'd just like to write the darn thing first, then we'll see if it's worth going the next step.

Credentials. Would like to get someone who is familiar with the fantasy genre. Published would be nice, but not required.

Thanks to anyone interested.

Willard

Wilblk

Registered
Reaction score
Let's bump this back up and see if there's anyone interested. Basically, I'm looking for someone to bounce my ideas off of. Someone who will help keep me focused on the story. I'm knee deep in researching for the back story now and it would be nice to have someone I can bounce some of these ideas off of to see if they're going to work or not for the story. Again, it's a fantasy story, and I'm currently working on the world building.

Thanks,

Willard

Status
Not open for further replies.