Bad dreams -- horrible visions and nightmares about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
WOMEN! -- this has got to stop. I can't get a good night sleep whilst thinking of what is to happen once I fall into their spell. Maybe it's a sign that I need to continue writing my stories. Women are trouble...believe me...I know what they can do to you.

I try to have a good drunk going before bed now in the evenings so whatever or whoever is trying to invade my dreams with these perverted thoughts won't have such a willing participant.

I_Shrugged

I'm Gone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
i-shrugged.blogspot.com
That sux. Have you tried thinking about something else while you're falling asleep? Think of the one place you are the happiest, and go there. Imagine every detail. Listen to the waterfall, or the breeze through the trees, or the crickets chirping. Walk along a lake barefoot, and feel the sand between your toes. Immerse yourself in the imagined sensations, and DO NOT think about the previous night's bad dreams or the issue behind them.

Sounds sappy, but it works. When my life is in turmoil, I have recurring nightmares about tornados. Can't get away from the damn things. Been having them on and off for 20 some odd years. The above usually works for me. Of course, it helps that I recognize what's causing them. With all the crap with your ex, it's no wonder you're having these.

Good luck, Spooky, and I truly wish you pleasant dreams tonight.

(ETA: Drinking doesn't help. It's only an illusion, masking things until after you've passed out.)

Last edited:

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
We should all chip in and buy Spooky a Fondle Me Elmo doll......and a nightlight shaped like a pair of boobs.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Spooky. I didn't think it would bother you. I'll change the channel.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Horrible visions? Nightmares? Bad dreams?

For a moment there I thought this was going to be another dclary thread. ;)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
They want to talk, hold hands, and get to know me better. Aghhhhh...* runs screaming into the night * -- why can't it just be about meaningless sex so I'd get my monies worth?

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
SpookyWriter said:
They want to talk, hold hands, and get to know me better. Aghhhhh...* runs screaming into the night * -- why can't it just be about meaningless sex so I'd get my monies worth?
Well, move it in that direction. Take control. Be dominant and meaningless sex will follow.
Are you really paying her for it?

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
girlsadvice.7.forumer.com
SpookyWriter said:

I knew there was a reason I felt so out of place among my girl friends.

Lately I keep having dreams about taking an exam. Only it's in the class I hate and can't understand. And it's a manuscript-sized stack of papers stapled together. Essay Questions. And everyone is talking and eating lunch and throwing straw papers at me while I attempt to scribble out absolute BS in order to pass the class... clearly I have unresolved issues with the exam I took on Tuesday in the aforementioned class.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
persiphone_hellecat said:
You think that's bad Spooky? How do you think it feels to dream almost every night for 5 1/2 years that your dead husband is very much alive, still b!tching and controlling you? Cheer up, pal, things could be worse. At least you arent dreaming about your ex
The thought of a dead husband trying to control me is freaky. I hope you can forget him someday and move on with your life.

Me, personally, I haven't seen my ex-wife in the flesh for over four years. So she could be dead and still giving me grief from the grave. Hmmm...

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any better last night? I changed the channel.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream that my neighbor invited the wife and I over for pancakes (yum!) with tabasco (yuck). It was some kind of holiday too.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamed that someone was watching me on TV and I had some guy tied up in the restaurant and I was whipping him and demanding that we hold hands and have meaningful conversations.......EEEWWWWW!

I mean how weird is that? Thank God that I woke up. Whew! I usually dream about how to make truffles.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I dreamt about joining a brothel for the sole purpose of seducing the owner-- who just happened to be Dr. Blackgaard. ;) Not altogether a bad dream...

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I had a dream that someone put all kinds of things on a table(my dead grandmother's old kitchen table, to be exact.) in front of me and i was to use all of it, nothing spared, in a story. I was frantic.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lol! That would be just plain fun for me...

And then the spy said, "Meet my spatula of doom, evil fiend!" And the black knight replied, "NEVER!!! I will die at the hands of the alarm clock before I will let you take my beloved dragonfly from me!"

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I had a dream that I saw my first boyfriend in a beater car with several dirty kids, presumablly his children.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Rachael said:
lol! That would be just plain fun for me...

And then the spy said, "Meet my spatula of doom, evil fiend!" And the black knight replied, "NEVER!!! I will die at the hands of the alarm clock before I will let you take my beloved dragonfly from me!"

yea! In real life it would be a blast. In the dream, not so much.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ah. Well, I guess that makes sense.

I think I liked the dream last night because there was so much detail: smells, sensations (of rain in my hair, silk on my skin, etc.), and tastes... I love dreams like that.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, dang it! Quit being cheap and buy some new tinfoil!

Don't you know how difficult multi-state transmissions are? Have some decency, Spooky - trying to find the right frequency for old tinfoil is darn difficult.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Unique said:
Well, dang it! Quit being cheap and buy some new tinfoil!

Don't you know how difficult multi-state transmissions are? Have some decency, Spooky - trying to find the right frequency for old tinfoil is darn difficult.
:roll: I will try. But since I don't have any tinfoil, I had to use toilet paper. It didn't help. I still had another dream (nightmare) last night. Darn women keep invading my dreams and making it difficult to get a decent night sleep.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay - so you don't like women in your dreams.

Animal Planet up next. How do you like walruses? Tusked or tuskless?

Status
Not open for further replies.