A wordpress plugin for writers that works

Tirjasdyn

Outline Maven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michellejnorton.com
http://www.deborahmcdonnell.com/damselfly/wordpress-plugins/progressfly

I've tried other ones but most have been insane to get to work and will stop working if a fly breaths wrong.

You can see how they work on my site, all colors, styles and projects are controlled through the plugin in the wordpress admin...the installation is on the main website for the plugin.

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I have wordpress.com. Does this work with that too? And what does a plug in do?

L M Ashton

crazy spec fic writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lmashton.com
I don't believe the plugins will work for blogs that are hosted by WordPress - they're to provide added functionality in the WordPress installation on the person's own domain.

For example, I used to have WordPress installed for the blog I had on my own site at www.lmashton.com.

In this case, the added functionality is for, what? Looks like a bar graph to show progress for WIP. That bar graph could be added to the sidebar to instantly show the progress an author has made on her WIP, much like the Ticker Factory progress bars that some people here have in their signatures.

Plugins can be for anything from changing how comments are treated (captcha, moderated, approved for specific email addresses, spam automatically quarantined) to the ability to add authors at specific user levels with specific permissions to linking to a photogallery program to... Really, they can be almost anything.

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
thanks, quidscribis, I've been wanting to ask that question for a while.

Now I know. ;)