dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Ok folks, let's have a clean forum. You know the rules. No rabbit punches. No hitting below the belt. No steroids, human growth hormone or irradiated Grape Nuts.

We're on the 20 yard line, looking at 1st and ten in a brand new forum, so let's make the most of it. Don't wait until the 9th to hit your home-run. Just make contact with the ball and put a topic in play.

Remember, rubbin's racin' but that's no call for unsportsmanlike conduct.

What the forum's for:
Talking sports writing. Specific questions about writing for periodicals like Sports Illustrated, Men's Health, Runner's World, Shape, etc. Questions about writing fitness books or materials. The usual query and other questions (as long as they're sports/fitness related).

Talking about sports. It's ok to chat up the Dodgers or da Bears. A good sports writer is a passionate sports writer.

Talking about sports movies. There's not really another outlet for it on AW, so if you gotta talk about Gridiron Gang or Major League this is as good a place as any.

What the forum isn't for:
Insulting sports teams you don't like.
Insulting sports personalities you don't like.
Discussing the best broth to use when making a garlic-herb and rotillini chicken soup.

Jenna's been nice enough to give this to us. Let's get out there and win one!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Ok, this isn't all entirely true, based on Jenna's first post, apparently. But that's how I'd run it if I were mod. We'll let Frank set the ground rules when he comes into his inheritance.

:)

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Which sports publications do you read? I used to be addicted to the Sporting News and I confess that I miss it.

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
I must admit that I get almost all my sports news/information from the radio and the Internet.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, by all means insult the Yankees all you want to. yanno. In a writerly way of course.

Come Back Kid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Dclary:
My first visit to this part of the board. AW is a wonderful place. As far as fitness, etc.
I was getting a passport a few years ago and noticed that under Father's Occupation, it read Baseball Player. Of course I knew he pitched for The Nashville Vols but was surprised to see how my BC. read. especially in 1940. I had asperations to pitch but "threw my arm away" in college.
I did get into competitive martial arts in '69 (Glory Days) Fortunate enough
to win Tn. Black Belt Championship in '71.
This is all said not to boast but to offer my advice if anyone wants to know about their kids taking it, etc. My instructor is one of the best known in the South. His web site is WWW.Shaffersdragons.com. There is a wealth of info from Denny, who has given over 40 years to the study. Should you go to his "previous articles," there is probably one about Jim Lindsey, yours truly.
Jim