Cup of Comfort for dog lovers - submission deadline days away!

Silverpaws

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.centralpetz.com
I came across this in my search for dog magazines today. The Cup of Comfort book series is creating a dog themed book and they need stories! The submission deadline is August 31 (that's two days away, in case you didn't notice)

I don't know if this is a paying gig, but it might be a neat way to get published even if it's not. I plan to write up a story and send it to them, cross your fingers for me! And good luck to anyone else that submits a story!

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Um. . . er . . . I know I'm always a bit behind on things, but Silver, this is September. The deadline is over on this one. But there's some other interesting categories coming up. ;)

Someone please tell me I haven't been living a month before it happened, please. (this is not picking on you, Silver. Everyone here knows I'm in the dead zone most of the time. ;))

Silverpaws

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.centralpetz.com
Oh my......you are so right. Apparently I'M living a month behind schedule.

Sorry, I could of sworn it was August! I'm choosing to blame this on a lack of coffee. LOL

(Thank god you mentioned it, otherwise I would have written something up for them and submitted it like a dip. Just wait untill I tell my BF about this, he's gonna laugh his arse off...on second thought, maybe I shouldn't tell him....)

Last edited:

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
I did actually submit to this one, prior to the deadline, and I'm sure a lot of other folk on here did as well.
Has anybody heard anything yet?
I'm not 100% sure but I think they are advertising it already with at least some of the stories they will be using as content - mine isn't amongst them:cry:

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, folks, it's Chicken Soup that have a Dog Lovers book promoted.

I'm a little confused. I usually am.

GHF65

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. I guess I didn't make the cut either. I generally don't submit to Chicken Soup because I hate that they don't send rejections. A quick email would suffice. I only submitted to them once before, and I waited two years before I realized the book had been published, and my story wasn't in it. :ROFL: Yeah, I really am that dumb.

LawrenceElliott

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.LawrenceElliott.com
I submitted to A Cup of Comfort for Dog Lovers, too. I was a little disappointed when I initially saw the posting that they were announcing some accepted stories. Now I can breath a sigh of relief! I am estimating that they may not even be contacting anyone for at least another month. We'll see. I wish all AWers success in getting in the book!

Take care!

Lawrence