Goat Burps

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
What do you think a goat burp should sound like when you spell it out?

One of the quiet burps that sort of appears out of nowhere and splits a beautiful moment.

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
That'd be me then, would it?

I have an awful lot of trouble interpreting goat noises in general. They aren't 'sheepy' sounds at all really.

When they 'talk' to you, everything reverberates really quickly and I find it particularly difficult to reproduce on paper.

I'm rambling ... again.

Only just noticed the smell comment. My boys don't smell!!! Actually it's only billies that are very whiffy, wethers (castrated males) don't smell at all.
My friend had a billy that he loved very much, but said if you ever touched him you needed to burn your clothes afterwards!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmmm. I'll just take that at face value, I think, Dolly. :Hug2:

Sorry I can't help with the goat sounds.

Dollywagon said:
...My friend had a billy that he loved very much, but said if you ever touched him you needed to burn your clothes afterwards!

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've heard plenty of goats burp - but I haven't a clue how one would interpret that with letters.

Other than simply saying: Then the goat burped.

sorry

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Does a goat burp start with a particular sound like "bl" or "be"? Sorry, I don't know billy sounds from wethers from nannies from my kids.

Do any of these made up concoctions even come close?
"blurrrp"
"bletorp"
"beerupp"

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Oarsman, I had got a sort of
"Baarapp"

But now I'm thinking your
"Beerupp" may come closer.

I tend to think of it as being close to a froggie croak sound?

This one has been bugging me for ages, MM. I mean, what kind of writer am I if I can't even interpret a goat burp:tongue

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dolly - don't let this conundrum reflect on your writing abilities ! I mean, really - if it were that easy to write out a goat burp, we'd all have suggestions for you! :D

Though I tend to lean toward the "Beerupp" that Oarsman suggests. And dang, I'm feeling all nostaligic about goats now !

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I can make you very nostalgic about goats after today.

Was showing a couple around the place because it's for sale. The three boys accompanied us all the way. They untied their shoe laces, nibbled jumpers and trousers, walked around leaning on them and then one promptly **** on the womans shoe.
It was a compliment but I don't think she took it quite that way.

There were little rabbit poops in her trouser turn ups and trainers.

Anyway, if anybody ever does manage to come up with the noise they make when they are talking to you, the very fast reverberating thing they do with their lips, please feel free to post. Because that has definitely got me beat.

Nancy

Masquerading as normal...
Registered
Reaction score
what a treat!

What a wonderful distraction to open this site and see a posting titled, "Goat Burps!" Dollywagon, you made my day!

Love it,
Nancy

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Dollywagon said:
Anyway, if anybody ever does manage to come up with the noise they make when they are talking to you, the very fast reverberating thing they do with their lips, please feel free to post. Because that has definitely got me beat.

I was chewing some leaves at lunch (ah...it was a salad) and this goat burp discussion popped into my head. I have a theory. Goats don't have upper front teeth, do they? Since most of us have upper front teeth, we might have trouble sounding out their burp in our language. Our language was based on having a full set of front teeth (I am making an assumption here).

Anyway, one more idea...you could try to add some dashes to your burp words to make them appear to reverberate more. Like this:

be-e-errup-p-p

or

b-b-be-er-upp

Not sure if that is an improvement.:Huh:

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
You're right, that is an improvement!

You're right about the lack of top teeth as well. They also have a split upper lip which I think helps with the reverberation thingy.

A strangely uncomfortable thought though, is that I have got other people thinking about goat burps whilst eating their lunch:D

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Last night as I went home, I thought a big, black dog was running down the drive at me. Turned out to be one of my nannies. My dad had gone down to the tank and she had snuck out of the fence. Rotten little stinker :D

For the record, I think the burps sound like behruuup. Heh.

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Now I would just like to make a point here, and this is not in a 'rose tinted glasses, my lads are angels' type of attitude - I have never heard my boys fart - not once!

Maybe it's a girl thing:tongue

I'm with you on naughty goats, SoccerMom. I've spent all day getting one of mine back in from the field next door. Why should their weeds taste better than mine!!!!

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I don't have a goat, but my Great Pyranees dog burps all the time.

He is also about the worst dog in the world. At age 5, he's still horrible. (We got him as a pup.)

He cannot be trusted not to leave our property. Even though we take him on a 2 mile hike everyday - if he is off leash ........he starts walking down the road. He walks in front of of cars like they aren't there.

It's so frustrating that he has to spend his entire life tied up or in a kennel because he's too distracted to stay put. He will not stay behind a fence - jumps over anything - including an 8 foot tall privacy fence we put in at our old house.

It's maddening. And, he burps.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, Dolly, my girls do indeed fart quite copiously. It is worse if they are on something to increase dairy production. I'm thinking diet probably plays a role.

Is there anything more entertaining than silly goats on a frosty morning?

Great PYranees burps? Sounds noisy :D

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Can't say I've ever had much to do with Pyranees mountain dogs, Pam. Closest I've come is working with St Bernards. Now they do fart, but I don't remember much burping - maybe a bit of bicarb in his water bowl would help?

I think we've hit on something here, SoccerMom. Thinking about it, where I used to live, the nannies did fart, but the boys definitely didn't (talking about wethers not billies here).

I cite in evidence, young Bob. Located to your left on the screen. He is the one lazing on a sofa. Never a fart I have heard and we have lived in close proximity for long periods.

I don't know whether it's their diet or internal construction, or a combination of both. The boys tend to get a lot less concentrate than the nannies because they don't need it for milk production.

Mind you, if I ever do hear him fart, y'all will be the first to know:tongue

Dollywagon

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, tend to be.

Informative, but humorous. Trouble is the market doesn't really want that. When it comes to animals they want "informative" full stop.

BORING!!!!