Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
I just finished watching a BBC documentary outlining in detail how George Bush and the Republican administration has systematically and deliberately been covering up and/or distorting scientific reports on global warming for the past six years or more.

Even though I know what scumsuckers this president and his corrupt henchmen are, and even though I've been to see An Inconvenient Truth, I was still shocked at hearing straight from the mouths of top U.S. scientists just how deliberate the effort has been to hide the facts, despite their attempts to raise awareness and inform the public.

I don't know if it has been or will be shown on U.S. television anywhere, but if you ever get a chance to watch it, please do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/5005994.stm
Transcript at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/5312208.stm

Reaction score
If it was on the BBC, so it must be true.

Damn you, George Bush!

Damn you to hell!

P.S. Why didn't we have a bad hurricane season this year? I thought that was a major aspect of the global warming? Did we cool down since last year?

What's going on with that?

Seriously.

I'm a global warming proponent or believer. I'm not pro global warming, but I believe that it is occuring and we need to do something.

Thank you.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
If it was on the BBC, so it must be true.

Damn you, George Bush!

Damn you to hell!

P.S. Why didn't we have a bad hurricane season this year? I thought that was a major aspect of the global warming? Did we cool down since last year?

What's going on with that?

Seriously.

I'm a global warming proponent or believer. I'm not pro global warming, but I believe that it is occuring and we need to do something.

Thank you.

Fixed.

But to stay on topic, I doubt that Global Warming is reversable at this point.

We'll probably be thrust into a new Dark Age by the time I'm fifty.

Reaction score
Bartholomew said:
We'll probably be thrust into a new Dark Age by the time I'm fifty.

Cool.

I think that will be a blessing for US. We get to experience modern times and the dark ages within the span of one lifetime.

Not many people can say that.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
Cool.

I think that will be a blessing for US. We get to experience modern times and the dark ages within the span of one lifetime.

Not many people can say that.

It'll probably be like living through the fall of Rome.

With any luck, I'll be fluent in Chinese by then...

Xia Tsi ^-^

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Wordworm said:
I just finished watching a BBC documentary outlining in detail how George Bush and the Republican administration has systematically and deliberately been covering up and/or distorting scientific reports on global warming for the past six years or more.

Amazing. I just didn't realize how powerful Bush has become. He's able to control information? In a free press society? Absolutely amazing.

What really amazes me is how people on the one hand claim Bush is stupid and then on the other hand claim he's responsible for the biggest coverup in the history of the world (9/11), able to silence hundreds of thousands of scientists about global warming, and still walk and chew gum at the same time.

Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I'll take Bush as stupid and his advisors (aka string holders) as the ones controlling the information for $500.

deacon

shadow ferret is right! it's time to stop accusing bush of being intelligent when you know damn well he's not. give bush a break, not everyone can chew gum and walk at the same time, but he can learn to do it. maybe, with a lot of help and patience.

oh, yeah...9/11 cover-up :roll:

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
The leader of Pakistan is General.........Kyoto.
No wait that's something else. he heh heh.

Yeah Kyoto is a Gobal ...warning, to suiciders.

/Is that right Dick?

deacon

English Dave said:
The leader of Pakistan is General.........Kyoto.
No wait that's something else. he heh heh.

Yeah Kyoto is a Gobal ...warning, to suiciders.

/Is that right Dick?

ggqr4.jpg

close enough, my son...close enough.

Evaine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeinhay.blogspot.com
It's relatively easy to control the flow of information when you (as the Administration) make clear to the scientists that their jobs depend on them saying the right thing, or even voting for the right party.
There was a programme on BBC Radio 4 in which a wide variety of American scientists claimed this had been going on for some time.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
Evaine said:
It's relatively easy to control the flow of information when you (as the Administration) make clear to the scientists that their jobs depend on them saying the right thing, or even voting for the right party.
There was a programme on BBC Radio 4 in which a wide variety of American scientists claimed this had been going on for some time.

You Pinko!

The BBC are the tools of the rest of the world's democratized industrial nations. All of whom are clearly anti-American. Hells Bells, why do you hate American scientists? Because their opinion seems to differ from everyone elses?

I refer to Billy's post. ' Where are the hurricanes?'

Huh? If last years were the worst ever recorded then this years should be twice that.

Global warming is the last refuge of those who hate freedom.

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
Evaine said:
[from transcript of Bush's Climate of Fear:]
REPORTER: Next came this from the oil industry. A memo with a cover note from Exxon Mobil, was sent to the White House. The memo asked if Dr Robert Watson, head of the IPCC, could be replaced at the request of America. The administration withdrew its support. Dr Watson was not re-elected.

Dr ROBERT WATSON, Chief Scientist, World Bank: The Bush administration and the position of some in the private sector was that I was overemphasising the importance and the seriousness of climate change, and therefore probably, they viewed it would be better to have a different chair.

JAMES CONNAUGHTON, Senior Environmental Adviser to the President: Dr Watson was not forced out, his term has expired. The United States supported, at the strong urging of the Indian government, a leading world-renowned Indian scientist to lead this effort...

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
I guess nobody ever heard of the "Medieval Warm Period"?

Things get warmer, then get cooler, then get warmer.

I HATE typing this, I hate it so much, but Bush has as much to do with global warming as cheese has to do with wednesday.

The evil man has so much more on him than that, I can't understand why they'd bother attacking him in that way when there are several glaring mistakes, starting with his being born, that they could attack him for.

But you'll never find any of those BBC documentaries shown in the USA. Anyone see "The Power of Nightmares"? That was pretty good, too bad nobody will show it in the USA. If they thought it was so inaccurate and full of lies, why are they so opposed to showing it?

I love the CBC.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
Wordworm said:
[from transcript of Bush's Climate of Fear:]

JAMES CONNAUGHTON, Senior Environmental Adviser to the President: Dr Watson was not forced out, his term has expired. The United States supported, at the strong urging of the Indian government, a leading world-renowned Indian scientist to lead this effort...

India are exempt from many of the protocols of the Kyoto Treaty as they are an 'emerging Nation'

Dr Watson should have listened to Holmes.

Wordworm

Impotent Omnipotent
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gxo.com
RG570 said:
I guess nobody ever heard of the "Medieval Warm Period"?

Things get warmer, then get cooler, then get warmer.

I HATE typing this, I hate it so much, but Bush has as much to do with global warming as cheese has to do with wednesday.

The evil man has so much more on him than that, I can't understand why they'd bother attacking him in that way when there are several glaring mistakes, starting with his being born, that they could attack him for.
This wasn't about blaming Bush for global warming. It was about the disinformation coming out of his regime.
RG570 said:
But you'll never find any of those BBC documentaries shown in the USA.
Which is why I thought I'd raise it as a topic here.
And yes, I love the CBC, too. I'm so happy my access isn't limited to American media.

English Dave

Registered
Reaction score
Sheryl Nantus said:
the CBC?

the Chretien Broadcasting Corporation?

at least, that's what we call it...

:D

Chretian? Is that....like a ...person or a place? What? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.