PDA

View Full Version : Nine Things I Hate About People - a rant

deacon
09-24-2006, 09:44 AM
9 Things I Hate About Everyone

1. People who point at their wrist while asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their *** to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the hell would you keep looking after you've found i! t? Do people do this? Who and where are they? Gonna Kick their as$es!

5.When people say while watching a film "did you see that?". No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor.

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?".... Didn't really give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7.When something is 'new and improved!'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8.When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?". If the bus came would I be standing here, dumbass?

well, i feel much better now. :D

Bartholomew
09-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Cranky? :P

Lyra Jean
09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I lost my remote once. It was stuck on the TMC channel for about two weeks. Then I found my remote.

persiphone_hellecat
09-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Have you ever thought of taking Midol Deacon?

Bk_30
09-24-2006, 12:04 PM
:roll: I do some of those things..and it was still funny!

expatbrat
09-24-2006, 02:18 PM
10. Those people who say "everything happens for a reason" when something goes wrong.

Why does no one ever say "everything happens for a reason" when everything works out dandy?

Christine N.
09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Yeah, well, some TV's aren't able to change the channel if you don't have the remote. :P

We have satellite, so if I lose the sat. remote, we're pretty much watching whatever's on the channel we were watching before we lost the remote. Forever.

:P again.

Rolling Thunder
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM

8.When people say "life is short". What the hell?? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!! What can you do that's longer?

Income Taxes. Even after you die, ya still gotta file the bastards.

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
10. Those people who say "everything happens for a reason" when something goes wrong.

Why does no one ever say "everything happens for a reason" when everything works out dandy?

Okay... rant... but I absolutely HATE it when people say that. Or, "God works in mysterious way" or "God has a plan"... and they only say it when bad **** happens.

I had a child pass away and people said things like that to me and my husband. And, well, since we're not Christian, and I think that's messed up to say in that situation anyway... it made me want to throw things at nurses.

Okay, I'm done.

tiny
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Gosh Deacon, only nine? There are so many things I hate about people, but, of course, I live in southern california. :D

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey, Californians are allowed to have more hate than most people. They have the largest population to complain about.

In this country, anyway.

tiny
09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Because Californian's are more irritating than most (says the Coloradian transplanted here against her will) ;)

aadams73
09-24-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm with Tiny Terror--only 9?? I can think of at least 30 off the top of my head.

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh, no, no, no. I disagree! I think Washington is by far the worst state I've been to. It's terrible.

But I will say that California drive-thru people are some of the most rude and incompetent people I've ever seen. It wasn't like that in Spokane.

I think we all get complaining rights on the sole topic of traffic. Yep. :)

tiny
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Well, you are in hell, addams, that's gotta offer lots of fodder.

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Well, you are in hell, that's gotta offer lots of fodder.
Hell is certainly a strong word.

aadams73
09-24-2006, 08:31 PM
'Tis true. I see the craziest stuff down here! That Satan guy really p!sses me off with that goofy damn toupee he wears.

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Don't worry. It's just a costume.

tiny
09-24-2006, 08:33 PM
Hell is certainly a strong word.

Naw, I meant Addams. Cali's been a nice place to live somewhat. The weather's great, but the people are something else.

aadams73
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
The weather's great, but the people are something else.

I live in Texas,(close enough to Hell, especially in summer) and I'm constantly astounded how people will stare right through you like you're made of glass when you say something simple like, "Good morning."

It makes me want to kick 'em in the shins.

jbal
09-24-2006, 08:41 PM

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

if you eat your cake, you don't have it any more, do you?
And aadams- quit being negative about Texas!

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Naw, I meant Addams. Cali's been a nice place to live somewhat. The weather's great, but the people are something else.

Ha, well, I guess I can see that. I'm originally from California, so moving back here wasn't a big deal. :)

I'm just glad for diversity. Where I moved from was just full of... sorry if I offend... conservative white people. A few girlfriends and I went to a club and were absolutely shocked to see about twenty black people in one place. That was seriously VERY rare there. *shrug*

Danger Jane
09-24-2006, 09:00 PM
if you eat your cake, you don't have it any more, do you?

Wow...I've never known what that phrase REALLY means before now.

It'd make a lot more sense if it was "You just want to eat your cake and have it, too," I think.

jbal
09-24-2006, 09:25 PM
You know, it took me a while of heearing that phrase before I snapped to it. Now that you said that I don't feel so stupid.

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
You know what phrase is insane?

People say, "I could care less", mistaking it for, "I couldn't care less".

The first one implies that they do care, when what they're trying to say, is that they don't care at all. My husband does it all the time. I feel compelled to correct it EVERY time. It makes me want to grind my teeth.

Danger Jane
09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Hah, yeah, because I didn't know till you told me.

Mom'sWrite
09-24-2006, 09:49 PM
My particular hot button lies in telephone customer service folk who can't do a thing to help you and then ask, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" Are they actively trying to make me crazy?

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 09:50 PM
My particular hot button lies in telephone customer service folk who can't do a thing to help you and then ask, "Is there anything else I can do to help you?" Are they actively trying to make me crazy?

Yes, yes they are. :) More like, wherever they work at a QA department and they have to say certain things. :)

deacon
09-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay... rant... but I absolutely HATE it when people say that. Or, "God works in mysterious way" or "God has a plan"... and they only say it when bad **** happens.
good one 'cuzz it's true.

I had a child pass away and people said things like that to me and my husband. And, well, since we're not Christian, and I think that's messed up to say in that situation anyway... it made me want to throw things at nurses.

Okay, I'm done.
1. truly sorry for your loss.

2. you should have thrown something. it relieves pressure.

deacon
09-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Gosh Deacon, only nine? There are so many things I hate about people, but, of course, I live in southern california. :D

oh, there are more. i figured i'd let some others add theirs. and they have. it's therapeutic. (sp?) :rant:

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Ranting has always been therapeutic. I'd like to go shoot things, personally.

:guns:

tiny
09-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I've never been much of a ranter, unless it's for a laugh, then I'll launch into it just for that. But to really feel better, I like a good five or six rounds in the ring, duking it out with one of my buddies. Never tried shooting stuff....

Akiahara
09-24-2006, 11:33 PM
I like guns. :)

This will sound odd, but... I met a friend of one of my husband's friends... at a barbeque, for labor day. He rants and rants and rants when he's drunk. But not in an angry way. I've never seen someone expand their vocabulary because of alcohol. o.O

Bartholomew
09-25-2006, 12:11 AM
I lost my remote once. It was stuck on the TMC channel for about two weeks. Then I found my remote.

You are my new God.

eldragon
09-25-2006, 12:58 AM
I hate listening to people talk on their cell phones in public places.

Don't they realize other people can hear them?

Like the other day : I picked up a magazine in Barnes & Nobles and sat down at a table to read and this guy was behind me on his cell phone - talking loudly. The first call - and yes - there were others to follow - was to his wife to say."Geez, these rednecks down here are so rude. There are some nice people, but they must be from up north."

HELLO? First of all - we were on the Coast - there aren't that many rednecks on the coast. In fact, you have to go NORTH to really run into rednecks - and they surely are not RUDE! Rednecks are totally un-rude unless you're a deer!

People up-north aren't rude?

Akiahara
09-25-2006, 01:03 AM
I try to only be on a cell phone in a bookstore if I'm being given a list of books to buy. :)

I think bookstores should be like libraries. People who are really loud in them aggravate me.

Lyra Jean
09-25-2006, 03:00 AM
In my local Books A Million they have a TELEVISION SET in the magazine section. It's on C-SPAN or something like that. It's a TELEVISION SET in a bookstore.

And that my friends is wrong.

Aubrey
09-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Getting serious for a moment here.

I've always believed the "everything (well, most things) happens for a reason" thing. It isn't a Christian thing to me. I think often times the reason is something created by the the person it happened to or someone who knew them, or just from the circumstances. Like John Walsh creating America's Most Wanted after his son died, or people becoming more conscious of watching out for things they'd rarely think to otherwise if a tragedy happened. Not that I only think bad things can happen for a reason, I think the same with good things. I also think bad things can come from good things.

I don't go around telling people who experienced tragedy that though. I'd be more likely to encourage them to make a reason happen; to make sure the tragedy wasn't in vain.

To lighten things up, a few rants.

-Cramped airplane seats
-Parents who just send their kids off to run wild in a store while they stop
-Things running way past their prime. (I'm looking at you, Garfield and The Simpsons!)
-Milk that's bad when you buy it, despite being weeks from the expiration date
-Plot holes/loose ends
-Long arguements in threads. There's a PM feature for a reason!

Oh wait, most of those weren't about people. Let's just pretend the thread title is Things That Annoy Me.

Soccer Mom
09-25-2006, 06:34 AM
I live in Texas,(close enough to Hell, especially in summer) and I'm constantly astounded how people will stare right through you like you're made of glass when you say something simple like, "Good morning."

It makes me want to kick 'em in the shins.

Just ignore them, Aadams. They're the transplanted yankees. :D

ETA: I hate people who drive 25 miles below the posted speed limit. People who drive 25 miles over the posted speed limit. Unhelpful customer service reps (we will be there to fix your refridgerator between seven a.m. and six p.m. next Tuesday!! Unfortunately this is real.).

Enough ranting. Back in the shoe. Awwww. Comfy.

DragonHeart
09-25-2006, 07:29 AM
2. People who are willing to get off their *** to search the entire room for the T.V. remote because they refuse to walk to the T.V. and change the channel manually.

I am guilty of this one, but I have a damned good reason for it. Changing the channel is a real test of patience. The channel button on my TV does the following at random, unexplained intervals: turn the power on, turn the power off, change the volume, and occasionally it does change the channel...but only once for every dozen or so button presses, and it can go in either direction. So yes...it will take less time for me to track down my remote than it would to actually get up and change the channel manually. :D

As for what I hate:

People who talk on their phones while at the register.

People who come into the store, look around, and ask if we're open. No genius, we just stand at the counter and keep the doors unlocked for fun.

People who come in after the pharmacy closes and yell at me when they're the ones who can't read the damn sign next to the door with the hours written right on it in big numbers.

People who call out sick from work and then have the audacity to come in that same night to buy candy with their friends.

I could go on and on heh...I work in retail, so yeah. There's a lot to hate.

~DragonHeart~

JoeEkaitis
09-25-2006, 07:32 AM
A cartful of groceries and an open checkbook in the "15 ITEMS OR LESS. NO CHECKS" lane is a pretty good sign there's an SUV parked across 3 handicapped spaces.

expatbrat
09-25-2006, 07:42 AM
To lighten things up, a few rants.
-Cramped airplane seats

I love that I actually fit rather comfortably in economy seats. Iíve got plenty of room.

The funny thing is that since I look rather fit I very often get the emergency exit seat even though I donít need it (if there is an emergency you need to help with these doors Ė so they generally choose fitter people to sit there).

Lyra Jean
09-25-2006, 07:45 AM
As for what I hate:

People who talk on their phones while at the register.

People who come into the store, look around, and ask if we're open. No genius, we just stand at the counter and keep the doors unlocked for fun.

People who come in after the pharmacy closes and yell at me when they're the ones who can't read the damn sign next to the door with the hours written right on it in big numbers.

People who call out sick from work and then have the audacity to come in that same night to buy candy with their friends.

I could go on and on heh...I work in retail, so yeah. There's a lot to hate.

~DragonHeart~

I'm right there with you. Walmart = white trash heaven.

tiny
09-25-2006, 08:38 AM
A cartful of groceries and an open checkbook in the "15 ITEMS OR LESS. NO CHECKS" lane is a pretty good sign there's an SUV parked across 3 handicapped spaces.

Slap some massive jewelry on her, stick a cell phone against her ear and you're standing in my grocery store where I'm constantly considering giving people a smack across the back of the head.

Akiahara
09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm right there with you. Walmart = white trash heaven.
Evil suburban housewives at Bel-Air are just as bad as Walmart.

eldragon
09-26-2006, 01:44 AM
A tad off topic :but yesterday morning I had to go to Walmart for catfood. I was PLUM Out of the stuff and wasn't about to drive to Petsmart.

Anyway - if you know any old ladies looking for a mate - send them to Walmart on a Sunday morning. Every aisle had at least one man in it .....smiling, excuse me .......pardon me, good morning.

Older men, but still .........men.

Not sure why.

eldragon
09-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Ha! Which reminds me:

Ever see ten people in one check-out line - right next to a line with only one person in it -- but the people in the long one are afraid to move to the shorter line because they think they'll somehow get screwed?

Like it's too good to be true?

That is so funny!

There's no way I'm moving to the short line either, though.

TsukiRyoko
09-26-2006, 01:52 AM
:roll:

writerterri
09-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Have we met? Cause I do all those things. And now you hate me!

Your momma!:tongue

Cat Scratch
09-26-2006, 01:56 AM
I call the "long line short line" thing herd mentalily. I used to work banquets and when people came into the buffet they would inevitably line up at one table, despite the staff urging them to go to one of the six completely empty tables where there was no wait (with identical items, no less!).

Another random thing that used to drive me crazy when I was waiting tables--plates are gone, coffee and dessert offered (and occasionally consumed), and the last thing I would ask would be "Will there be anything else?" Ninety percent or people say "No, we'll just get the check, please."

a.) Getting the check is, actually, something else, but more importantly

b.) Oh, you DID want to pay for your meal then? I'm glad you told me because otherwise I would have left you sitting there infinity while you took up one of my tables so I can't turn it over and make more money. Asking for a check: so not necessary at most dining establishments. Servers are way ahead of you.

What killed me was when I started saying "I'll be right back with your check" and 80% of people STILL say in response, "Yes, and can we get the check?"

Kate Thornton
09-26-2006, 02:00 AM
People who park in the handicapped spots who don't have a plate or placard.

I had a couple of young guys in a Hummer cut me off to get the last H spot - and they were fit & no placard. I felt no compunction in dialing the cops and having them cited. I even sat in my car and watched when they came back & found the $275 ticket! Boy, were they pi$$ed! LOL!

TinyTerror - you should drop by my California town - we are all nice - everyone is friendly and I'll even buy you a drink. I have lived in many places, and Southern California is a really nice place. But like you, I want to smack the bozos who think I want to listen to their stupid cell phone conversations.

allion
09-26-2006, 03:26 AM
From my brief tenure at Wal-Mart:

While wearing the blue vest and a name tag, being asking "Do you work here?"

Um, no, I thought the vest was super-stylish and I need the nametag to remember who I am. Sheesh.

Karen

aadams73
09-26-2006, 03:30 AM
Oooooh...

From a salesmoron just months after I moved to the USA: "What language do they speak in Australia? German?" followed up with, "Did you learn English after you came to America."

I wanted to slap him with a fish.

JennaGlatzer
09-26-2006, 03:47 AM
Deacon, I've seen this list several times across the 'net. You didn't write it, did you?

(Assuming not, rule for everyone for the future--

If there's something like this you want to post, cite your source. If you're unable to find the writer's name, state that.

My humor writer friends get ripped off like this constantly. Touchy issue for writers. Their bylines get stripped, other people take credit, it gets forwarded around the 'net. Seems to be a common misperception that if you get something forwarded by e-mail, then the Internet must have written it and it's yours for the taking.)

deacon
09-26-2006, 05:34 AM
wow. sorry. i don't think i've ever ripped off any of your friends.

these have been around longer than dirt. i heard george carlin use a couple of them.

Mom'sWrite
09-26-2006, 05:52 AM
screenmom's hot button #2

I hate, hate, hate when people smack their kids in order to get them to stop crying. (This happened almost daily in the library.) It doesn't take a genius to figure that the addition of pain to whatever frustration the kid is already experiencing, ain't gonna calm him down.

expatbrat
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Oooooh...

From a salesmoron just months after I moved to the USA: "What language do they speak in Australia? German?" followed up with, "Did you learn English after you came to America."

I wanted to slap him with a fish.

I lived in America for 7 months in 1994. I was constantly being praised for my fabulous English.

I smiled nicely and said thank you. I learnt a while ago there is no point trying to teach lessons to people you don't care about.