More on (or is it moron?) polls

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Fox News (yes, indeedy, I do watch them; I need to know what the enemy is thinking) last night had Neil Cavuto interviewing Jack Welch (famed ex-CEO bidniss guru), topic being the upcoming election and the apparent resurgence of Republican popularity. In the midst of their euphoria, they popped up some Fox News polling data, without discussing it during the time I watched, that showed the following, numbers correct, might have the question inexactly phrased, but not the meaning of it:

Which party would be better leading Congress:

July: 39% said Democrats, 33% said Republicans
September: 41% said Democrats, 34% said Republicans.

This, from Fox's own poll. Some resurgence. The Pres's approval numbers may be up some from earlier this summer, depending on which polls you look at, which of course are affected by what precise questions were asked. But if these data are indicative of anything, it suggests that in this off-year election, the Presidential coat-tails are mighty short.

I still think the Repubs are going to skate through with the narrowest of margins in both houses, and that it means the final two years of the Bush Presidency will be largely an exercise in custodial duties, aside from the Iraq War. Which is generally the history of the final two years of any full two-term Presidency in my lifetime.

caw.

Reaction score
I'm just torn between who I want to win this election.

I just can't quite figure out how the next two years are gonna go.

A few months ago, I was thinking, "it's gonna be a tough two years, gas prices are sky high etc..." so, because Bush would still be in office and have a firm grasp on the most important issue of our generation and keep us safe and I wouldn't have to worry, I wanted the democrats to be in office, so roll around 2008, everyone realizes what a bunch of humps they are and they never win an election again forever.

But gas prices are falling, the economy is rolling, the Iraq war has stablized into a neither getting or worse or better situation, Bin laden is dead, etc...

The next two years might be pretty good and of course I'd want the good guys to benefit from that.

I just don't know. Hmmmmmpf.

Whatever will be will be. I just hope the next two years are good regardless of who gets in.

And like I said, maybe it's time for the assistant managers to put up or shut up.

holla!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Blackheart said:
it cracked me up.

Well, I guess that's all that counts then.

I'm glad you had a nice laugh, at my expense, which contributes to lowered blood pressure and overall health. My pleasure.

Man, if you live past 50, you owe me big time.

Reaction score
Blackheart said:
If I'm alive past 50 I was wrong about Bush and Cheney

You do realize that in two years they'll be out of office, right?

So, what is going to happen within the next two years that would stop you from being alive in Canada anymore?

"Alive in Canada"
I like it as a title for my adventure book about a drunk man going to live with the bears in the Yukon Territory.

Reaction score
One of my favorite pastimes is watching the.....

democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg

....crying because of the loss of complete dominance in the media. Now they only have moderate to high dominance.

God bless Fox News for being brave enough to show both sides of the issue. And your bravery has been rewarded with complete dominance in the area of cable news.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
And this is where the credibility of the conversation ends...

More "if you don't agree with me, you have no credibility" from the "tolerant" left.

I love it.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
More "if you don't agree with me, you have no credibility" from the "tolerant" left.
You know me better than that, billy. See what I bolded there. Neil Cavuto. That was intentional.

Speak to me as a human being, ok?

Now they only have moderate to high dominance.
Have you been watching the news lately?

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
You know me better than that, billy. See what I bolded there. Neil Cavuto. That was intentional.

Yeah, so.....You think Neil Cavuto has credibility? I don't get it. Thank you.

TheGaffer said:
Speak to me as a human being, ok?

That's what I'm doing. I'm not a big fan of the human.

You should say, speak to me as a chimpanzee. Everyone loves monkeys.
:)

With that said, I'll make an effort. 'Cause you're a Gaffer from NYC whose Mets are in danger of becoming one of the biggest disappointments in sports history.

TheGaffer said:
Have you been watching the news lately?

Yes. All the time. Liberals have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC touting their case. Not to mention almost every major newspaper in the country.

...ABC is pretty neutral.

And the Republicans have Fox and the WSJ.

And the liberals just can't handle the domination of Fox and their fair and balanced approach to news reporting.

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I knew I felt a disturbance in the force.

Billy is online crusading against all that is Holy and Sacred.

Shame on you, Billy!

j0078734.gif

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, so.....You think Neil Cavuto has credibility? I don't get it. Thank you.
I'm saying I think he has no credibility. And to say such does not necessarily mark me as "intolerant."

Liberals have CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NBC touting their case. Not to mention almost every major newspaper in the country.
Not really, no. CNN's last 3 commentators it hired are all conservatives; they don't have one liberal-minded commentator. MSNBC has Tucker Carlson (conservative), Scarborough (conservative), Matthews (middle-of-road Bush shill) and Olbermann (liberal). So you're incorrect about that.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
TheGaffer said:
I'm saying I think he has no credibility. And to say such does not necessarily mark me as "intolerant."

Not really, no. CNN's last 3 commentators it hired are all conservatives; they don't have one liberal-minded commentator. MSNBC has Tucker Carlson (conservative), Scarborough (conservative), Matthews (middle-of-road Bush shill) and Olbermann (liberal). So you're incorrect about that.

Yes, but conservative isn't enough. They need to be NEO-Conservative, otherwise they're just trying to destroy America, darn them.

Reaction score
TheGaffer said:

I'm not talking about their commentators. I'm talking about their editorial slant of hard news stories. That's really a lot more important than "entertainment shows."

With that said, I'm glad to see they are making an effort to be fair and balanced, especially the once respected, now ridiculed and rarely watched Clinton News Network even if it's within the political equivalent of wrestling, of commentary shows.

MSNBC is a disgrace and a joke and should be taken off the air and replaced with infomercials.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
FOX News is a disgrace and a joke and should be taken off the air and replaced with infomercials.

I agree.

Reaction score
Bartholomew said:
I agree that I wear this shirt everyday...
democratic_crybaby_seal.jpg
...because I can't seem to win an election and it's just not fair and Fox News makes me just so....so angry! I want to cry because it was so much better when I didn't have to listen to other points of views and we were essentially like communist Russia when it came to news reporting in the United States. I'm so sad that has changed.

Jeez, Bart.

Get a hold of yourself!

You still have the NY Times and maybe you'll win an election this fall. Keep the faith, buddy.

PM me if you want to talk.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
Sorry about the above. It appears that you need Media Bistro membership to run the clip. But it's nearly worth the price to see it.

Reaction score
ColoradoGuy said:
Sorry about the above. It appears that you need Media Bistro membership to run the clip. But it's nearly worth the price to see it.

It worked and I'm pretty sure I don't have a media bistro membership.

Funny stuff.