09-23-2006, 01:01 AM
*smacks jbal*

It's okay, Jo. You'll do great!

jbal
09-23-2006, 01:03 AM
I'll tell everyone I ran into a door.

Soccer Mom
09-23-2006, 01:10 AM
Don't make me drive down there! Tell them you fell down the stairs.

tiny
09-23-2006, 01:17 AM
I'll tell everyone I ran into a door.

I walked around with a black eye for a couple weeks (it was a bad one, swelled shut and everything, so cool) and it made every guy in my life look really really bad. It was hillarious. :D

Jo, just top him everytime. Add and add and add until he finally quits.

Soccer Mom
09-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Oh good, tiny terror is here. Now I don't have to smack jbal around anymore. I'll just let the professional handle it. :D

eldragon
09-23-2006, 01:41 AM
My husband is that way.

If I have the stomach flu - I'm lucky if I get to lay around for 45 minutes until he contracts the worlds deadliest viral pneumonia.

His is life-threatening - complete with a fever like never seen before in the civilized world. He'll lose ten pounds from the diarhea alone.

So, yeah - I know what you're talking about.

aadams73
09-23-2006, 01:54 AM
Kick him in the nuts and give him something to *really* cry about.

aadams73
09-23-2006, 01:55 AM
His is life-threatening - complete with a fever like never seen before in the civilized world. He'll lose ten pounds from the diarhea alone.

OMG, we're married to the same man! Does yours beg you to kill him?

Unique
09-23-2006, 01:56 AM
OMG, we're married to the same man! Does yours beg you to kill him?

What!? And you haven't obliged?

tsk.

dclary
09-23-2006, 02:01 AM
My wife's the same way. I detest it.

Silver King
09-23-2006, 02:01 AM
Kick him in the nuts and give him something to *really* cry about.
That's a sure way to cure any man of his current ailments and force him to focus on only one thing.;)

aadams73
09-23-2006, 02:03 AM
What!? And you haven't obliged?

tsk.

Well, it hasn't happened while I've had PMS...yet.

Soccer Mom
09-23-2006, 02:20 AM
Fourteen years and mine is still alive.

From now on we'll just refer to him as "Cliff" (The guy from Cheers?)

PeeDee
09-23-2006, 03:53 AM
Jo, you and your boyfriend are so cute. I mean, that's NOTHING! Let me tell you about MY problems with Spooky! He's insufferable!

writerterri
09-23-2006, 07:53 AM
That's what girlfriends are for Jo.

Hope you feel better soon.

BottomlessCup
09-23-2006, 08:49 AM
My boyfriend makes me sooooo mad at times. He is one of those guys who no matter what happens or what you tell him, he has had something more or worse to happen to him! UGGGGGHHHHH I hate that! Why can't they just listen and say "It'll be okay. I know you are going to do great!" Not...."It will be okay, I remember when blah blah blah and I blah blah blah!" Can't they let it be about us for once!

I used to work with a guy like this. It drove me frickin' nuts.

As far as I know, there's no cure. Especially if you like him.

Console yourself with the fact that it's his way of showing empathy.

Shadow_Ferret
09-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Sheesh. Maybe that's just the way he empathizes, by relating it to his own experiences. I guess I don't understand why you'd get so upset about it.

He could just go, "Yeah, ok, could it wait until the commercial?"

expatbrat
09-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, you reckon your boyfriend is bad, mine is much worse than yours. Sometimes he....

Opty
09-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Maybe he's trying to show you that it's not as bad as it seems, and that things could always be worse. You know, putting your problems into perspective for you. That way, you don't continue to sit there with a "Whoa, is me. My life is so horrible. All I want to do is complain" type of attitude that guys tend to find incredibly unattractive.

Or, not.

;)

Maryn
09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
This is so "Men Are From Mars"-ian. He clearly doesn't recognize your cue for his empathy and encouragement to begin, whereas some woman you met on the bus would understand immediatlely what you need to hear.

Our daughter, now an adult, and I laugh that she knew what to say to Mommy by the time she was twelve. My husband of many, many years remains clueless much of the time. He tries to problem-solve, or sometimes to one-up (although, as DrSpork says, he probably sees it as putting my problem in perspective with the world's problems).

Meh, I love him anyway. I just call The Kid, or come here, when I need something different than what he's got to offer.

Maryn, sympathetic, empathetic, and occasionally just plain pathetic