Those Slide Shows in the Movie Theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuroisama

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone ever tried to advertise their book at a movie theater. You know those slides for lawyers and spas and get a free small drink if you bring in the ticket stub to restuarant X... those things. Has anyone tried that?

I thought it might be a good idea. But, I'm one of those people who gets to the theater half an hour early because I want my seat in the very top row in the middle (right below the projector), so I have plenty of time to stare at those slides. :)

PS Question: Will the publisher get offended or annoyed if I'm setting out to advertise my own book? Or will they think of it as less they have to do?

soloset

'bye
Registered
Reaction score
kuroisama said:
I was wondering if anyone ever tried to advertise their book at a movie theater. You know those slides for lawyers and spas and get a free small drink if you bring in the ticket stub to restuarant X... those things. Has anyone tried that?

I can't speak for everyone, but my group tends to use those cards in two ways -- either to play letter bingo or to make fun of them mercilessly. Because, invariably, they're of "local mattress store commercial" level quality.

Still, fun idea. Assuming you have the equipment to make a slide that'll look good at a jillion square inches. :D

kuroisama said:
PS Question: Will the publisher get offended or annoyed if I'm setting out to advertise my own book? Or will they think of it as less they have to do?

I'm not sure. I think maybe this is a contract issue? I was wondering the same thing the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.