The lengths we go to

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So last night I was sitting on the couch, it was almost ten and my cats had been goofing around all evening instead of sitting with me. Then my sister decides to go to bed, and I realized I was pretty tired, and Lord knows there's nothing on TV.

Just before I can get up, here comes one of my boys - Secret - who curls up against my leg, gives himself a wash, then starts purring and dozing off with both front legs under my hand.

So what do I do? You guess it - I channel surfed for a full hour.

He was just SO dang adorable, and I absolutely love it when one of my cats wants to curl up on me and fall asleep. It's just such a great feeling to know they love you that much and feel so secure using you as a pillow or platform.

I can't be the only one who makes silly sacrifices like that just for the sake of how cute our pets are . . . :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it was his turn to keep you occupied. You know, so the others could report in and continue their plot of world domination.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
It's just such a great feeling to know they love you that much and feel so secure using you as a pillow or platform.
I hate to tell you this but cats think of us as walking heating pads and a source of endless amusement.

Of course, mine LOVES me!

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
My cats do this to me all the time. I think they've got internal radar or something which notices I'm about to get up so they come over for a snuggle session.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed ! I've often suspected my cats of throwing wild parties while I'm not home. Now and then when I get home from work, they give me that innocent "not me" look, and I find things in places they shouldn't be.

I'm convinced our pets are just taking notes and reporting back to the mothership or homeworld while we're not looking :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course, cats are the most intelligent creatures on the planet. They use advanced calculus to determine the vector of a moving human compared to their own location and accelerated rate of speed (called the special theory of relativity), then they apply a complex statistical analysis to determine the probability of the human reaching the exact location of the vertex of the intercepting point.

Then they go and stand right in the damn way.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And all those times they're pushing things off the coffee tables, they're simply testing out Newton's laws. They also study the Pavlovian response such actions provoke in us, as we continue - without fail - to place said items right back up where they were.

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
My cats have trained me to stop whenever I'm walking down the stairs as soon as I hear pounding feet. Both of them insist on preceding me down the stairs as fast as they can go. Of course, sometimes I fake them out by turning around on the landing and going back up. They always look so annoyed when they come back. ;)

Milli, my 14 pound male cat, also likes doing ballistic missile imitations. Whenever I approach the bedroom, he launches himself at the bed from about six feet away then stands there waiting for petting. The first time he tried it when I switched to satin sheets because of my back trouble was hysterical. He landed on the blanket and just kept going because there was no friction. Took half the bedding with him. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TheIT said:
Of course, sometimes I fake them out by turning around on the landing and going back up. They always look so annoyed when they come back. ;)
Oh, it's dangerous to plays tricks on cat. They'll get back at you some night . . . and down the stairs you'll go. And then they stand there at the top of the stair wagging their tails with a look of tranquil innocence on their sweet little faces. "Uh, oh."

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
alleycat said:
Oh, it's dangerous to plays tricks on cat. They'll get back at you some night . . . and down the stairs you'll go. And then they stand there at the top of the stair wagging their tails with a look of tranquil innocence on their sweet little faces. "Uh, oh."

I'm paranoid enough that I don't think they'll get me on the stairs, but Milli's trying to get me with kindness. When I'm laying in bed he'll purr and rub up against my hands and flop down next/on/over me (all 14 furry pounds of him) ... at 3 in the morning.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, careful - maybe he's trying to lull you into relaxing, then one of these mornings (at 3:00 am) he'll plant his 14 pounds over your carotoid artery !!

Who'll be laughing then, stroke-boy ?
:D

It's always the purring ones. The ones you don't suspect.

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
Who'll be laughing then, stroke-boy ?
:D

Confusion - Milli or me? Milli's a boy (until he got broken), I'm not and never was. ;)

As for Milli sneaking up on me, forget it. He flings himself down and unrolls, and I dare anyone to stay asleep with 14 pounds of cat landing on their face. :D

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Typo - error - error - must compute :D

Actually that was a typo - I meant to call you Stroke-lady !! It's funny how stroke-boy just rolls off the tongue, though. Must be my years of professional man-bashing :D

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
"Error, error, Norman, coordinate." ;)

No problem. Choosing a gender neutral screen name has been quite interesting. Every so often I'm tempted to run a poll to see whether people would guess correctly without resorting to looking at my user profile. :D

The cats were tag-teaming last night doing their duty to make sure I don't get a complete night of uninterrupted sleep. Between requests for petting, trying to pull everything out of my closet through the one inch gap in the door, fighting with each other, and pouncing on my toes every time my foot twitched, it was an interesting night. Sigh....

FYI - I'm not sure how to post pictures, so my profile picture shows my two cats in one of their rare quiet moments. Milli is the orange one, and Sparky is the Snowshoe.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Chaos gets babied big time. A few weeks ago I bought two fleece throws for my couch and chair, but both of them now belong to him. In fact, he's sleeping on one right now. When he had to wear The Collar (plastic cone actually- he got in an argument with the neighbor's cat again) and had to sleep downstairs, I ended up taking one of the throws down to him so he could sleep on it. On his favorite armchair, of course.

~DragonHeart~