Sidebar Items are Down at Bottom: Help!!

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thommalyngrindstaff.com
Just discovered today that in Internet Explorer, my blog displays the sidebar content down at the bottom of the blog instead of at the side, like it's supposed to. And the strange thing about this is it's a recent development.

I changed templates a couple months ago and carefully checked the display of the blog in both Mozilla Firefox and IE (I'm a Firefox user). All was fine.

But today I found out that the sidebar content is no longer displaying correctly in IE. My computer has downloaded updates and I assume that one of them was for IE, hence the wonky look of my blog.

Has this happened to anybody else, and does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It seems I've had one technological nightmare after another since starting the blog, and I'm just about ready to delete it altogether. I'm getting fed up as all get-out.

HELP!!!!!! And thanks for reading.

(edited to clarify)

Last edited:

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Yeah, it looks fine in Firefox but in ie it's as you describe.

Try removing or re-sizing that pic of you on the motorcycle and see if that helps.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
XThe NavigatorX said:
Yeah, it looks fine in Firefox but in ie it's as you describe.

Try removing or re-sizing that pic of you on the motorcycle and see if that helps.

Whoa, didn't think of that. I've gone in and replaced the motorcycle pic with a smaller pic (in Profile). The new pic hasn't shown up on my blog yet, but I'm hoping that when it does, all will look okay in IE again.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes things.

Thomma Lyn

Cat Wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ha, an update: went to photobucket and deleted the motorcycle pic so I could see if it was causing the problem. And lo and behold, it was. When the new pic shows up, all will be well.

Thanks again! I've had all manner of technological craziness lately, so I jumped the gun thinking this was worse than what it was. But ahhh, what a relief to know it's something simple. :hooray: