Poll: Mac or PC?

What type of computer do you usually use?

• Mac

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • PC

Votes: 45 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We use PCs exclusively at work because the graphics and engineering programs we use don't run on a Mac. Because of that, I use a PC at home as well (even though I often curse Microsoft).

Deleted member 42

I use both, but if you want me to deal with the annoyances that Windows causes, it's an extra 25.00/hour.

Yes, I'm a Mac user ;)

Patricia

California Dreaming
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm a graphic designer, and I only use PC. I don't know about now, but when I started out, Mac was not compatible to Paint Shop Pro and Word Perfect. I do my best work with those software. I've used PC since windows 95--and can't complain.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'm just extraordinarily selective, is all, Rob.

I'm on a PC, but planning to switch soon.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an MS Access database developer. Since there is nothing on a Mac that remotely appoaches the funtionality of Access (don't get me started on Filemaker Pro), I use a PC.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
MacAllister said:
I'm on a PC, but planning to switch soon.
I was gonna switch, too. But the cost difference really turned me off. I got a desktop and laptop from Dell for what it would have cost me to get a laptop with the same features from Apple. Plus, I love Dell's on-site service.

Of course, I'm not doing any graphics-type work, That makes a big difference, I think.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I've used both a Mac and PC for as long as I can remember. PC at work, Mac at home. I work on a PC, but I work with a Mac.

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I prefer Macs (and have one at home) but they force me to use a PC at work. You didn't have an option for "swings both ways" so I voted for the Mac.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
robeiae said:
I was gonna switch, too. But the cost difference really turned me off. I got a desktop and laptop from Dell for what it would have cost me to get a laptop with the same features from Apple. Plus, I love Dell's on-site service.

With the Intel Mac dual core you can run both Windows and Mac OS... enough reason for you to switch, I hope.

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
I use a PC but the next computer I buy will be a mac. I'm so sick of dealing with this windows nonsense. It drives me up the wall on a daily basis.

ctheokas

Registered
Reaction score
I use whatever works, but right now I've got a PC. I've used both at work, and I have to admit, there's no love here for either platform. My wife uses a Mac at home and a PC at work. No love for either from her, either. However, she doesn't complain about her PC at all. She complains about the Mac every now and then, though.

I have to say, there are some things a PC does better (switching between programs and windows, ruling the world), and things a Mac does better (playing music, doing graphics). I think if I had a choice, I'd rule the world.

smiley10000

What do we do? We write...
Registered
Reaction score
Shadow Ferret, I agree with you!

I had to use a Mac all the way through school and I hated it. In high school though if there was any real work to be done, out came the contraband PC (our school board had an exclusivity with Mac).

Even if I did like Mac, I would have switched pretty quickly, the Computer Geek (a/k/a Hubby) knows nothing about Macs...

:e2BIC: 10000

Status
Not open for further replies.