oh woe is moi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
man.. noone seems to like my work.. especially my poetry.. i admit i have put one ridiculous poem in there.. but all my recent ones i poured my heart and soul into.. i tried my best.. yet i am not good enough.. i feel so depressed about it.. noone gets me

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
please don't think of it in those terms. The poetry forum is there to help. We want people to get constructive feedback so they know where they can improve or if they are on the right track, what works and what doesn't. I don't think anyone there believes you are not good enough. We believe anyone who tries and puts there stuff out there has courage, and is seeking truthful feedback.
Keep working at it. Take the advice given. If you think people aren't getting it, find out why and work on it, or explain it to them so they do understand it and maybe a glimpse at your motive, direction, inspiration, etc, will give them what they need to get you and know how to read your work.

:)

Trish

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, what Trish said. Personally I am quite drawn to your work. I think you have a unique style. I was glad to see you come back. Hope my critique didn't seem harsh..I meant it constructively. Give us some time, get involved a bit in others' work as well.
Sometimes there is a hesitancy to respond to new members' work here, I think maybe so we don't overwhelm them with too much criticism. (speaking for myself here).
And given the commotion upon your initial entrance maybe some were put off a bit and need to warm back up to you ;). Hopefully you'll get comfy and get more response soon.

Last edited:

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
Don't feel badly - it happens to every writer. You spend long hours on your work and feel it's finished. Then you show it to someone and they say, "Yes, but. . ." Get used to criticism and learn to tell apart the comments that help you improve your vision (even "finished" works can be improved upon - revision can go on forever) and those that aren't helpful for you. No work is going to resonate with everyone who reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.