PDA

View Full Version : I got an answer to my first ever agent query.

Mustang
09-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Three days ago I sent my first every query to an agent after 20 odd years casual writing for my own pleasure.

Yesterday I joined AbsoluteWrite with a view to honing my skills for future publication.

Today I recieved an email from the agent requesting a synopsis and two sample chapters.

Are things supposed to move this fast?

I have a LOT of editing to do over the next couple of days.

Bamponang
09-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Congratulations.

Don't know if things are supposed to move fast or not. I've read posts from writers who've struggled and accumulated lots of rejections/been ignored by agents, and writers like you and MichelleLee who received prompt responses.

In general, agents publish their response times, and it can be anything from weeks to a couple of months.

TeddyG
09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Congrats

johnnysannie
09-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Congratulations - that's wonderful news.

Just a thought, though, you might want to edit in the future before you query! It makes life a little easier!

NeuroFizz
09-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Great news, Mustang. Keep us posted.

MidnightMuse
09-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Good for you :)

stormie
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Three days ago I sent my first every query to an agent after 20 odd years casual writing for my own pleasure.

Yesterday I joined AbsoluteWrite with a view to honing my skills for future publication. Great place to be! Welcome!

Today I recieved an email from the agent requesting a synopsis and two sample chapters. Congratulations!

Are things supposed to move this fast? Sometimes it happens.

I have a LOT of editing to do over the next couple of days.

Again, congrats!

SeanDSchaffer
09-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Congratulations, Mustang! Right on.

:Thumbs:

Soccer Mom
09-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Yay! Go Mustang!

K1P1
09-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Sounds great to me. My experience was fast response, but I'm in a different position (I have one non-fiction book published, the contract in hand for a second, and was looking for an agent to negotiate for me). I think it's a matter of luck, on top of researching the agent ahead of time to look for a good fit.

Now - get on with the editing and see if you can take advantage of your good luck!

Mustang
09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks folks.

On their site they said their response time was 2-4 weeks. So I thought I had time to edit.

I'll be a very busy little duck the next few days at least!

The first chapter is over in sci fi/fantasy "Share Your Work". From responses, I do have a lot of editing to do.

I sure won't be throwing away this opportunity :)

JennaGlatzer
09-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Way to go, Mustang! Keep that butt in the chair and get to editing!

brainstorm77
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
congrats :)

Jenny
09-21-2006, 06:20 AM
Fantastic response. Good luck with the editing:)

Sury
09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
:welcome: to AW, Mustang.

That sounds so wonderful. Good luck with the editing and submission. Do let us know how it goes. :)

Sury

MicheleLee
09-22-2006, 02:34 AM
I should be honest one of my full requests was from Jaky Sach at Bookends LLC who had the partial for over a month because she was on vacation. As soon as I got the other requests I sent her an email informing her and she said pretty much to add her to the list when I go to the post office. So not all my responses have been that fast. Good luck!!!