PDA

View Full Version : Leavin' on a jet plane

Calla Lily
09-20-2006, 02:41 AM
It's finally here! I'm off to Dallas at 7 am Thursday for the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) conference to:

1. Sell myself
2. So agents and editors will look at my book proposal
3. And ask to see the full ms
4. And then offer me a contract!

5. And maybe win their unpublished novel contest (the Genesis contest) (I'm a finalist in the Mystery/Suspense/Thriller category).

Hey, you never know.

I love the concept of this ex-nun selling herself!

In essence, it's a 4-day job interview, with chocolate and Starbucks. There's a Starbucks in the hotel lobby! I get the feeling this will be one of those hotels that my luggage isn't classy enough to enter. :tongue

If I may be bold enough to ask, please say a prayer for me. I'm feeling OVERWHELMED. :eek:

I don't get back till 9:30 Sunday, so I'll post results Monday sometime.

Gravity
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Calla, you'll do fine. I teach at Glorieta each year, and believe me, everyone at the ACFW conference will treat you great. As I tell my students, editors can kill ya, but they can't eat ya!

Robin Bayne
09-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Have a great time!!!

LightShadow
09-21-2006, 08:31 AM
and find as many ways to network as possible...

P.H.Delarran
09-21-2006, 08:36 AM
Oh well best wishes to you, will pray it's an enjoyable and successful trip. And congratulations on being a finalist!

Pat~
09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Callalily, I know you'll have a great time--and do well with the editors/agents, too. Have fun, and report back to us when you get back!

Calla Lily
09-26-2006, 01:42 AM
Hey, everyone!

Alas, I didn't win.

BUT!

Two editors and one agent asked for a proposal and sample chapters! And I'm sending queries to 2 other agents. And I believe I'll be joining the Christian Pen--a group of freelance editors, copyeditors, and proofreaders.

God is very, very good to me.

Thanks for all your support!

Lily
(who got about 4 hours of sleep every night and is about to collapse into her coffee)

Unique
09-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Yay!

I hope you had a good time.

Good Word
09-26-2006, 09:24 AM
No efforts are wasted, I do believe.

Hope you enjoyed the coffee, and the experience. I hear that those quick pitches are hard to do.

JennaGlatzer
09-26-2006, 09:37 AM
Congrats, Lily! I hope one of those requests turns into a sale.

SeanDSchaffer
09-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Hey, everyone!

Alas, I didn't win.

BUT!

Two editors and one agent asked for a proposal and sample chapters! And I'm sending queries to 2 other agents. And I believe I'll be joining the Christian Pen--a group of freelance editors, copyeditors, and proofreaders.

God is very, very good to me.

Thanks for all your support!

Lily
(who got about 4 hours of sleep every night and is about to collapse into her coffee)

Right on! Congratulations to you.

:hooray:

Bk_30
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey partials are good! I'm so happy for you. Glad you had a good time.

Roger J Carlson
09-26-2006, 06:41 PM
That's awsome Lily!