PDA

View Full Version : Road trip...

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Less than four days till the start of my road trip back home or abouts. I was thinking of going across New Mexico into Tucson and Phoenix. Or I may travel the U.S. 40 to Reno, Nevada and down to Vegas before my interview next week in Arizona.

Whichever journey should prove to be fun. I don't know when I'll be back on AW.

Unique
09-19-2006, 11:04 PM
:cry:

Haggis
09-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Can I have your rep points?

sassandgroove
09-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Bring back a posty card. The place won't be the same.

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Can I have your rep points?What rep points?

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Bring back a posty card. The place won't be the same.Don't know when I'll be back online. Could be sometime before I'm settled in again. Reno would be fun though.

Rolling Thunder
09-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Less than four days till the start of my road trip back home or abouts. I was thinking of going across New Mexico into Tucson and Phoenix. Or I may travel the U.S. 40 to Reno, Nevada and down to Vegas before my interview next week in Arizona.

Whichever journey should prove to be fun. I don't know when I'll be back on AW.

Wel, damn. That's bizarre.....I just finished a short story, about someone experiencing hard times, driving through New Mexico along Route 40, two weeks ago and submitted it to a magazine.

Small world.

Haggis
09-19-2006, 11:17 PM
What rep points?

Good point. Then get me a refrigerator magnet instead. You can send it along when you get hooked up again (which won't be too long, I trust).

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Wel, damn. That's bizarre.....I just finished a short story, about someone experiencing hard times, driving through New Mexico along Route 40, two weeks ago and submitted it to a magazine.

Small world.Did it have a happy ending?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Bye, Spooky! Drive careful! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!

MidnightMuse
09-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Don't pick up any hitch hikers. Break for furry little animals (unless it's a tarantula). Don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Oh, and wear clean undies. Or at least keep some in the car.

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:58 PM
Bye, Spooky! Drive careful! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!I guess that means I have a free pass to do anything....:D

SpookyWriter
09-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Don't pick up any hitch hikers. Break for furry little animals (unless it's a tarantula). Don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Oh, and wear clean undies. Or at least keep some in the car.What if the hitch kiker is a really hot babe? I hope my son doesn't mind riding in the back seat. :D

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-20-2006, 12:07 AM
I guess that means I have a free pass to do anything....:D

Pretty much!

maestrowork
09-20-2006, 12:09 AM
You'll be back, because I say so.

Have fun.

MidnightMuse
09-20-2006, 12:12 AM
What if the hitch kiker is a really hot babe? I hope my son doesn't mind riding in the back seat. :D

Well, just make sure at least one of you has clean undies, then.

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Pretty much!HooHoo! Too bad my son isn't old enough to drive or I'd be riding shotgun and partying!

:partyguy:

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Well, just make sure at least one of you has clean undies, then.I will make sure we do one last load of laundry before leaving Texas. ;) Besides, I need to wash my spare pair of undies before I get a diaper rash.

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:21 AM
You'll be back, because I say so.

Have fun.We will. Thanks and see you guys in a few days or weeks. Saturday is going to be a perfect day to hit the road.

maestrowork
09-20-2006, 12:24 AM
Great!

[thank goodness, is he gone yet? i thought he'd never leave!]

We'll miss you.

Maryn
09-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Are you going to stop and see The Thing?

Maryn, who did (after passing the billboards literally hundreds of times)

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Are you going to stop and see The Thing?

Maryn, who did (after passing the billboards literally hundreds of times)I already did once or twice. I remember taking a grayhound bus across America twice when I was a kid. I've seen many of the freakish tourist sites before. I need to plan a few excursions, but mostly get into town for my interviews next week.

Rolling Thunder
09-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Did it have a happy ending?

Uh....no, but it isn't a horrible one either. If anything, it's more along the lines of having the courage to not give up, to keep going, even when you feel time is against you.

Still, If you happen to notice a small mound of dirt, by the road in the desert, wave to it as you pass. I'm sure it would be much appreciated.

(For the record: If there's a lot of State Police gathered there....I never left Pennsylvania. Honest!)

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Uh....no, but it isn't a horrible one either. If anything, it's more along the lines of having the courage to not give up, to keep going, even when you feel time is against you.

Still, If you happen to notice a small mound of dirt, by the road in the desert, wave to it as you pass. I'm sure it would be much appreciated.

(For the record: If there's a lot of State Police gathered there....I never left Pennsylvania. Honest!)Sounds about right for me. I love to travel and this is just another move back to where I will have some tranquility for a while.

DeborahM
09-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Spooky,

We'll miss you in Texas, but we'll miss you more while you're disconnected, I mean the computer!

Drive safe and look for a long line of townspeople waving goodbye, and a local high school band playing as you take off on I20W when you leave Ft. Worth! Soccer Mom, Badducky and I will be there waving, too!

Tell us about your trip when you get back online! :D

NeuroFizz
09-20-2006, 12:39 AM
Have a good trip, Spooky. Fizzette number 1 says it's been really nice in Phoenix--high temps in the 80's. Good porch-sitting weather if they'd only put porches on those concrete slab houses out there.

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Spooky,

We'll miss you in Texas, but we'll miss you more while you're disconnected, I mean the computer!

Drive safe and look for a long line of townspeople waving goodbye, and a local high school band playing as you take off on I20W when you leave Ft. Worth! Soccer Mom, Badducky and I will be there waving, too!

Tell us about your trip when you get back online! :DWe'll send up some road flares as we depart.

Serenity
09-20-2006, 12:53 AM
What rep points?

The ones that say you're better than ice cream with hot fudge.

:idea:

Actually, I'll just have the ice cream with hot fudge, thank you.

Good luck, Spooky, and drive safe. We'll miss you. (Until you come back, then we'll just go back to tormenting your daily life...)

:hi:

Maryn
09-20-2006, 12:58 AM
Hey, grab some photos of Texas Canyon if you take I10... Eerie, surreal place. Silly owner's got it all fenced so nobody can explore, though I remember picnicking there as a child.

Maryn, homesick for Arizona after all these years

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Hey, grab some photos of Texas Canyon if you take I10... Eerie, surreal place. Silly owner's got it all fenced so nobody can explore, though I remember picnicking there as a child.

Maryn, homesick for Arizona after all these yearsI have a digital camera so I'll take pics of the trip and post them later. I just don't know which direction I'll take yet.

Plus I keep getting calls from Texas companies to work here...not! I am going home to see my family.

We will load up on cd's and junk food for the trip. It's going to be a fun two days on the road.

Unique
09-20-2006, 01:11 AM
We will load up on cd's and junk food for the trip. It's going to be a fun two days on the road.

Spree - my favorite road trip junk food. Now I wanna go someplace.

Tracy
09-20-2006, 01:21 AM
Good luck with it all Spooky. Check in soon.

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Spree - my favorite road trip junk food. Now I wanna go someplace.Come with us. We might stop in Reno and visit Terri. It would be a blast!

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Good luck with it all Spooky. Check in soon.Will do.

MidnightMuse
09-20-2006, 01:30 AM
Spree - my favorite road trip junk food. Now I wanna go someplace.

We could go rock hounding in the desert :D

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 01:31 AM
The ones that say you're better than ice cream with hot fudge.

:idea:

Actually, I'll just have the ice cream with hot fudge, thank you.

Good luck, Spooky, and drive safe. We'll miss you. (Until you come back, then we'll just go back to tormenting your daily life...)

:hi:Thanks and we will do the legal speed limit plus 10, just so we get there early.

SpookyWriter
09-20-2006, 02:19 AM
I have a technical phone interview tomorrow in Reno, Nevada. HooHoo...I'll stop by and say hello to Terri...hahhahaaaa....

writerterri
09-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Reno!???

You can't pass through here without saying hi!

writerterri
09-20-2006, 03:08 AM
I have a technical phone interview tomorrow in Reno, Nevada. HooHoo...I'll stop by and say hello to Terri...hahhahaaaa....

Tomorrow!??? Let me clean up my house and put some makeup on...

writerterri
09-20-2006, 03:20 AM
Come with us. We might stop in Reno and visit Terri. It would be a blast!

Really!

Stew21
09-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Bye spook! Be safe!

TrainofThought
09-20-2006, 05:17 AM
Good Luck and be careful Spooky. A few tips for your journey. If you get hungry, donít resort to road kill and in some States, urinating in public results in a fine. Be Safe and hope to hear from you soon.

Soccer Mom
09-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Texas feels emptier all ready. *sniffs*

Well.

More room for the rest of us! Quick, everyone spread out!

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Today's interview for company in Reno, Nevada went well. They are now checking my references.

Three days till exodus. :partyguy:

writerterri
09-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Today's interview for company in Reno, Nevada went well. They are now checking my references.

Three days till exodus. :partyguy:

You mean we could be neighbors?

I'm locking my doors...

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 02:03 AM
You mean we could be neighbors?

I'm locking my doors...Hey, Holloween is coming up soon. It will be so much fun, wouldn't it.

writerterri
09-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Hey, Holloween is coming up soon. It will be so much fun, wouldn't it.

Are you offering to take my 3, well behaved, wont even get into their candy, wont run away or argue with you, angel like children trick-or-treating so my husband and I can enjoy halloween?

How nice of you!

TsukiRyoko
09-21-2006, 02:15 AM
Go to Vegas and steal me an ash tray from the Hilton. I'll give you a back rub for it!

allion
09-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Drive safe, Spooky. I love the southwest, and I am jealous that you are doing a road trip.

See you when you're settled and hooked up to the internet,

Karen

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 03:20 AM
Are you offering to take my 3, well behaved, wont even get into their candy, wont run away or argue with you, angel like children trick-or-treating so my husband and I can enjoy halloween?

How nice of you!:roll:

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Drive safe, Spooky. I love the southwest, and I am jealous that you are doing a road trip.

See you when you're settled and hooked up to the internet,

KarenDon't know what city/state I will actually be living in next month, so it's an adventure to be sure.

Haggis
09-21-2006, 07:03 AM
Save your roadkill, Spooky. I have a market for armadillo in Michigan.

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Save your roadkill, Spooky. I have a market for armadillo in Michigan.Gotta ya covered man. I'll send it in a heafty trash bag, collect.

http://stonegiant.com/Politics/roadkill.jpg

BottomlessCup
09-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Don't cut off semi-trucks.

Stay out of Guttenburg, Iowa. (I know it's not on the way. Still.)

Bring lots of CDs for Nevada. There is nothing between Reno and Vegas. (Also, fuel up in the biggest possible cities. Out in the boonies, it'll be $4 a gallon.)

In Vegas, if you want to see celebs, it's Ghost Bar and Baby's. If you want cheap, skeezy sex, it's The Beach. PM for strip club recommendations. ;)

Skip Laughlin.

Take US-93 to Phoenix, not I-17. You get to see these crazy little "Wild West" towns.

Wear your seat belt, have fun and hurry back! :)

SpookyWriter
09-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Sounds like solid advice. Thanks. I found someone to come by and pick up all my furniture for 1/7 the price I paid, but at least it's money in my pocket.

Someone keeps banging on my door to serve me an eviction notice, but I'll go into the office tomorrow and square everything with the manager. Since my ex-wife got all my money and the court cleaned out my bank account, my son and I will become homeless of sorts starting tomorrow.

What a life!