PDA

View Full Version : secret ingredients you'll never see on 'Iron Chef America'....

preyer
09-19-2006, 03:12 AM
maybe some of these are for the best, maybe not.

1: M&Ms. they *should* be a secret ingredient in everything.

2: human flesh. not only would the challenger be amazing to watch, but i'd love to hear alton brown's commentary about how long you should broil thigh.

3: glass. i suggest flambe'd for a duel effect.

4: tobacco leaves. just because i think it'd be funny.

5: cicadas. hey, bugs are high in protein. just ask alton. and i'll bet morimoto has a good beetle recipe he's been dying to use.

6: cat. again, don't go up against morimoto on this one.

7: cocaine. if you thought alton brown was high-strung before....

8: pigeon and rat. kill two vermin with one baking stone. any hobo worth his lice should pose a threat.

9: bubble gum. oh, come on, like *you've* never swallowed gum before....

10: mountain dew. i'd stand a chance with this one.

11: mountain oyster. mm mm yuck. something tells me alton brown knows a lot about this ingredient.

12: jellyfish. try the jellyfish ice cream with bits of frozen chicklets. yummy.

13: monkey paw. a delicacy in some places. no place i'd ever want to visit, but a delicacy just the same.

writerterri
09-19-2006, 03:15 AM
I was hungry.

wyntermoon
09-19-2006, 03:31 AM
ROFL! After the veal ice cream I saw eeking out of the machine one day, I stopped watching. I'm waiting for it to become a contact sport.

Lyra Jean
09-19-2006, 07:55 AM
So when does Iron Chef America comes on? I want to start watching it again. Is there somewhere we could send in suggestions?

persiphone_hellecat
09-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Personally I would like to see what they could do with that white paste kids always eat in kindergarten.

Braised duck au jus with white paste pate
Asparagus with white paste hollandaise
White paste double baked potatoes.
White paste Creme Brulee

My-Immortal
09-19-2006, 08:18 AM
I've only watched a few of these - saw more of the older 'original' Iron Chef - but I'd love to see them do shows using basic, everyday items...

Peanut butter
Mac and cheese
Fish sticks
Spam
White Bread
Chicken breasts
etc...

<shrugs>

:)

Opty
09-19-2006, 08:46 AM
The secret ingredient (on the 31st Century version) was Soylent Green in an old episode of Futurama.

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Latex. :D
I know, I know, bad Andi.

I am absolutely in LOVE with Alton Brown. He is the perfect man, in my opinion. Perfect.

My-Immortal
09-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Oreo cookies
Mystery left-overs
fruitcake

Lyra Jean
09-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Pork chop shape

My-Immortal
09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
concession stand hot dogs (the ones that have been rolling in those metal heating trays for...years?)
taffy
pumpkins (now I'm actually starting to get hungry again)

;)

Soccer Mom
09-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Orange nacho cheese-like substance from the ballpark.

My-Immortal
09-19-2006, 08:41 PM
breast milk

JoeEkaitis
09-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Complete just-add-water buttermilk pancake mix.

Oh, and Bisquick.

My-Immortal
09-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Ah, Bisquick! Yum.... :)

Ramen Noodles

Jaycinth
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
The gleanings from my office paper shreader.

WerenCole
09-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Cocaine is definetly an ingredient in most American restaurants. . . . its just not going into the food. . . "why can I hear the waitress grinding her teeth, mommy?"

Christine N.
09-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Toaster leavins.

(Aw c'mon, don't tell me you don't remember that from Married with Children?Philistine.)

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:33 PM
:roll: Whether it's in the food or not is still up for debate. One day I had a hanburger that was sprinkled in what looked like flour. I didn't sleep for 4 days.

New ingredient- used coffee grinds or vinegar.

allion
09-20-2006, 03:14 AM
The green stuff at the back of the fridge

Bologna

Hot dog battle!

Karen
(I miss Chairman Kaga)

JoeEkaitis
09-20-2006, 03:24 AM
Can you imagine the look on Masaharu Morimoto's face if the veil flies up to reveal about 50 boxes of Betty Crocker, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines cake mixes?

Just a thought. :)

Soccer Mom
09-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Oh, I would so win the Bisquick challenge. And I could probably hold my own in Battle Spam. And cake mix? Hah! Watch me work!

TsukiRyoko
09-20-2006, 07:05 AM
My only specialties are herbs, chicken, and salads. :(....

Soccer Mom
09-20-2006, 07:14 AM
You haven't fed twelve hungry kids on twenty minutes notice. Trust me. Mixes and canned meat suddenly become your best friends. Frozen fruit and cake mix? Cobbler! Box of mac N cheese and a can of tuna? Crush those club crackers and you've got instant tuna casserole!

Mmmm. Fried spam.

WDS
09-20-2006, 07:24 AM
2: human flesh.

There is a game I play with the following quote. "What the Iron Troll is doing is putting heads in a pot, they have to boil for twenty minutes so the eyes can be used in a second dish, an eye and raspberry sorbet."

Bartholomew
09-20-2006, 07:26 AM
secret ingredients you'll never see on 'Iron Chef America' (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=807830#post807830)

Never say Never, Preyer. =)

badducky
09-20-2006, 08:00 AM
After watching the original with "battle octopus"...

I can't watch this show. Too gross. Just too gross.

However, wouldn't battle "Fritos" be awesome? They come in different flavors. You know Bobby Flay has something up his sleeve for Fritos.

I also think "Battle Falafel" is long overdue.

expatbrat
09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
5, 6, 8, 11, 12 and 13 are all common ingredients in Asia.

At school the other week (I’m the swim teacher) a blond boy was freaking out about a jumping spider and wouldn’t get dressed. To hurry him up I said “show me the spider, I’ll kill it.” We couldn’t find the spider. Getting dressed the boy informed me “you know, some people eat spiders,” to which I nodded and agreeing “Yes, that’s true.” They eat all sort of bugs and insects here (sprayed with a light coating of soy sauce).

A brunette boy piped in adding, “Yeah, and some people eat Rats,” to which I nodded and voiced my agreement. Barbequed rat is rather common in Issan and other poor areas of Thailand.

The little Indian girl added, in a voice confident her example was by miles the worst thus far, “Yeah, and some people eat COWS!” her face was screwed up at the thought of the idea.

Blond boy enthused “cow are beef, I love beef.”

Brunette boy was jumping up and down flapping his arm with excitement, “cows are STEAK, I loveeee steak.”

I’ve eaten deep fried grasshoppers, scorpions and other such crunchy bugs – they all taste pretty much like prawn.

Bmwhtly
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Secret Ingredient: Soylent Green.

Sarita
09-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Ooh I :heart: Alton Brown, too. He's hilariously geeky.

Secret ingredient: Beer

Have they done that yet? It would be a good battle.

"Welcome to Battle Beer, where the judges are drunk and the points don't matter."

TsukiRyoko
09-21-2006, 02:12 AM
When I have a lot of people coming over, I turn into the cooking maniac. Lately we haven't a lot of money to whip up anything mouth watering, but as long as you don't say what the ingredients are, they're pretty good. ;)