Men's Release *WARNING! Mature subject*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
Some may put this under erotica, but it's more of a research than anything else.

I'm talking here, assuming everyone else has had reproductive system lessons. I want to ask the guys especially. I tried doing this for personal, but am too shy to ask a guy straight in his face especially since this is a rather delicate matter in my country.

Here goes.

Biologically, guys have a build up of sperm that have to be released either by masturbation or sexual intercourse.

My question is, can men NEVER hold it? Is masturbation a common practice(let's say this guy is all noble like and wishes to save himself for the woman he loves *_* just a situation...) or do some don't do it at all? How is the build up released then? Through wet dreams? How do boys deal with this urge? And how long does it usually take before the urge makes you go insane for release?

Thanks and hope I get some useful info, which I do expect :D

Last edited:

WishWords

Registered
Reaction score
There isn't really a build up of sperm. After a certain amount of time the body simply absorbs the old sperm and produces new ones. The testes won't blow up or anything if a man doesn't ejaculate (though some would like women to think so). A man could go through his entire life without ejaculating and it wouldn't hurt a thing, physically. You might check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_orgasm and a few other websites for some good info.

Yes, most young men, and older ones for that matter, masturbate.

davidthompson

Registered
Reaction score
Biologically, guys have a build up of sperm that have to be released either by masturbation or sexual intercourse.

What WishWords said. Take away the above premise, and you'll see that men masturbate for the same reasons women do. Or at least that's the way it seems to be, from conversations I've had with my wife and with a girlfriend before I married.

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
Male reproduction is a very complex bio-chemical process. The rate of sperm production is not constant. The more sexually active a man is, the faster his body produces sperm. If a man is very sexually active (in any form) and stops suddenly, there can be a painful build-up, but this goes away relatively quickly as the body steps up absorption. As a man's sexual activity slows, so does his sperm production. It never actually stops (in healthy men), but in general, the body tries to balance the rate of sperm production to the rate that sperm leaves the body either by orgasm or absorption.

But sperm production is not the whole story. There are also complex hormonal and psychological factors that no one really understands. These factors vary from man to man and allow some men to remain celibate for life and others to be uncontrollable sex maniacs. Most men, of course, fall in the middle.

Research has shown that most men (and boys) masterbate. Again, some more than others. I don't have any real statistics to share because another thing you should know is men almost NEVER talk about this with other men. I'm told women will share intimate secrets, but men generally don't.

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
hey! thanks for the answers! I found it very useful. That certainly clears a lot of things up.

*and...LOL! I was one of those women who thought men would just go insane if they can't have some release, though some do, I suppose*

Thanks. I can go work on my character now :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Trust me, if your character is young, you don't need any extra incentives to make him really, really, really want sex. Really.

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
All the above is true...
and actually now I know why AlleyCat is always telling me that he is going insane....He must be one of the few....

To the serious part...
There is a state where a male will find himself physically aroused for awhile and has no release. This state is commonly referred to in our common venacular as "blue balls"....(no they don't turn blue!).

This can be physically painful to the male actually. Sometimes acutely so. However, nothing is going to explode or such.

If you protag. is young, and he is aroused say by his date, but is not having sex or whatever, that is a very REAL pheno. that will happen to him.

(Just ask AC! :D jk)

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll give you a little overview of my protag.

He's 19, engaged to be married to a girl he's absolutely crazy about but he is sent off somewhere before he gets a chance of any romance. And yeah, he's a virgin. Then, in this new place, there's this innocent young girl and for some reason, he gets sooo aroused with her. The situation is, he doesn't know her, but she's sick and he's sort of tending to her. Being an honorable man, he refuses his urges but is going bananas with his uncanny attraction towards the girl. His imagination sort of goes wild.
What would you guys do in his situation? Do you think you would feel any pain? Or is it okay if there was none for my protag? And what's the quickest way to extinguish the fire? Cold water?

Thanks for the responses :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Physical pain? No. Emotional pain? Maybe.

And to my way of thinking, this is not an "uncanny attraction". A young guy, a beauty young lady . . . it's natural to be attracted to her, regardless of what else is going on in his life. Still, most guys can control themselves even when the hormones are raging, assuming they aren't put into an intimate situation (then all sense can go out the window).

The old ditty about taking a cold shower has become a cliche. Better to have the guy intentionally get involved doing something else (anything), and get his mind off the girl in question (and where he can't see her if possible). Or, if she's sick enough, that's more or less a natural turn-off.

Olderbutwiser

Registered
Reaction score
Gwendy, your protagonist sounds rather like the one in my novel - same age, and based on my memory, which is surprisingly good.

The short answer is - to find another fire - one that burns hotter, so damn consuming that you fry. What I mean is - at that age, you never want to extinguish fires, it's usually someone else that puts them out. Or maybe that was just me. Nothing to stop your protag trying the cold water treatment though. Mine does, quite literally, and I got a funny scene out of it.

BTW, don't be too hasty to douse the flames. You'd be surprised just how much milage there is in the temptation angle.

So what would a girl use? A CO2 extinguisher? Wrting from the perspective of the other sex is always a challenge.

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
The old ditty about taking a cold shower has become a cliche. Better to have the guy intentionally get involved doing something else (anything), and get his mind off the girl in question (and where he can't see her if possible). Or, if she's sick enough, that's more or less a natural turn-off.

yeah, i know it's been done.i find it funny though. but the thing is, this girl's still attractive even in sickness. and he can't leave her.

The short answer is - to find another fire - one that burns hotter, so damn consuming that you fry. What I mean is - at that age, you never want to extinguish fires, it's usually someone else that puts them out. Or maybe that was just me. Nothing to stop your protag trying the cold water treatment though. Mine does, quite literally, and I got a funny scene out of it.

so far, my protag does the same thing :D I want that funny scene in there :D Also, I let the scene steam for a little while before he goes nuts and tries to stop it.

There are also "nocturnal emissions" to take care of the tension.

tried that, but it seemed a little weird...

again, thanks for the input guys! got lots of info to work on now :D

davids

Banned
Reaction score
As Woody said once-don't knock masturbation it's having sex with somebody you love

gwendy85

~*Proudly Mestiza*~
Registered
Reaction score
Um, I would assume that if he didn't want to act dishonourably, he would er, take the problem, in hand, as it were. Ahem.

As Woody said once-don't knock masturbation it's having sex with somebody you love

:D LOL! Okay, I like totally fell off my chair in this one! Well, at least now I know a bit on the men's state of mind:D. Thanks! I guess it can be a little hard to control.

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Hon - men just want us to THINK they need sex or it will blow up and fall off ... Just like I used to always hear sex was good for menstrual cramps... Men will say almost ANYTHING to have sex!!! That's part of what makes them men! I do believe most men do masturbate - particularly in these days of the internet. So much easier ... although remember to use that cyber condom always! Men also do have nocturnal emissions - which always cracks me up when I have to take my car for its annual inspection and emissions test (I am such a pervert!)

It sounds to me like your character might be like other typical 19 year old guys == saying anything to get into some girl's pants. And at that point of the game, a lot of girls are less mature and informed when it comes to sex and they believe it! I remember when I first started having sex with my late husband - he would always say - "guys have to have it at least once a day" Dumb me fell for it ...

As far as how to quell an erection -- pushups? cold showers? They both usually work.

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
gwendy85 said:
Okay, I'll give you a little overview of my protag.

He's 19,
What would you guys do in his situation? Do you think you would feel any pain? Or is it okay if there was none for my protag? And what's the quickest way to extinguish the fire? Cold water?

What he should do is find some privacy think about his betrothed and find some release. Of course this is a novel and he'll convince himself that he shouldn't can't trust him to think of the girl at hand. You do want him to go nuts? A novel has to have inner conflict.

gee two cents doesn't go as far as I remember.....

Status
Not open for further replies.