PDA

View Full Version : Are you a gamer? You know you are :)

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Just curious to see how many other gamers are out there. C'mon, you know you like the video games.

Bartholomew
09-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Marry me. X_X

veinglory
09-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Funny how RPG, video and gambling groups all use the same term--

whistlelock
09-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Yep, my wife and I just finished beating Pac-Mac World Rally on nightmare difficulty.

fun game.

WDS
09-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Gamer here, just checking in.

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Absolutely.
Miss Pac-Man was my first love *sigh*

DamaNegra
09-18-2006, 05:41 AM
You are a bunch of troubled individuals :D

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 05:43 AM
You are a bunch of troubled individuals :DWhile that is true of some of us (well, one certainly) is your statement related to the link to video games?
Nothing more than idle curiosity prompted my question

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 05:45 AM
:roll:

Stew21
09-18-2006, 05:45 AM
I didn't even play video games when I was a kid, when we got our first ATARI (my brothers and sister did, I preferred writing and watching TV) and I've not played them since (I still prefer writing and watching TV).

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Troubled, yes, but not alone (now I know I'm not the only one who moves from the computer chair to the video game chair). :D

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 05:47 AM
I didn't even play video games when I was a kid, when we got our first ATARI (my brothers and sister did, I preferred writing and watching TV) and I've not played them since (I still prefer writing and watching TV). That is interesting. My brain tends to work on things best when I'm thinking about something else. When I hit a wall in a WIP, I find that while I'm concentrating on the simulation of senseless violence, the rest of my brain is chipping holes in the wall.

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 05:49 AM
I used to be a big TV watcher, but now I only watch latenight Tv (mostly Adult swim), foodnetwork, and the science channel.

Oh holy Bic pen, I'm a geek....

DamaNegra
09-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I don't watch TV, that's boring and rots my precious brain.

And I don't play videogames 'cause my brother hogs the nintendo.

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Oh please, you know you sneak the games in. :D

Some of the shows on today are like toxic radiation. Melts the IQ points right off! I babysat these cartoon addicted kids and I left that house and almost forgot how to spell my name. 3 fulls hours of animated butt cheeks, bipolar zoo animals, and fast food promotion. They'll be running the country someday....

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 06:42 AM
There is distressingly little good TV.
and more and more alarmingly devoid of any signs of intelligence.

Proof?
A former whore got onto Big Brother (as if Big brother wasn't proof enough). She acted like a spoiled brat, when she got out, she got a TV series where she acts like a spoiled brat.
Anyone else losing faith in the species?

Bartholomew
09-18-2006, 06:46 AM
I used to be a big TV watcher, but now I only watch latenight Tv (mostly Adult swim), foodnetwork, and the science channel.

Oh holy Bic pen, I'm a geek....

Marry me. X_X

DamaNegra
09-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Can I be the bridesmaid?

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 06:57 AM
Not just Big Brother,"reality" shows that once littered the planet's televisions with fake lives are now becoming real. The plastic is forming skin! That's a scary thought, I've had to tell more people (mostly rich, valley girls) off this year than I've ever had to in my entire life. It's a lot of work.

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 07:00 AM
As long as the wedding isn't after midnight on Saturday. That's my A.S. night (Bleach and Eureka, my new addictions ^_^)

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Of course you can, BUT! You will have to gimme that action figure! ;) (Yes, I'm still hellbent on it)

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Games bore me. Video, board, card, etc. I feel its a waste of my time and I could be doing something better, like posting here. Or maybe actually writing.

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:03 AM
But what's worthwhile anyway?

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Games bore me. You speak in a tongue I do not know!!!!

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Watch out, questions like that brought the emo era. :D

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:05 AM
It may be the 4am speaking.

TsukiRyoko
09-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Ha, I know that feeling.
(<---Been up since noon yesterday)

DamaNegra
09-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Of course you can, BUT! You will have to gimme that action figure! ;) (Yes, I'm still hellbent on it)

NO!!! MINE!!!

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:13 AM
But what's worthwhile anyway?

To me? Or to you?

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:14 AM
To anyone. what's worthwhile.
What's worth doing?

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Isn't that for each individual to determine for themselves? If you don't know, I can't tell you.

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:17 AM
But just because it means something to an individual, does that mean it means something?

Popeyesays
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I am a gamer, but not for video games. A few PC games now and then. But I am a gamer in the sense of pushing lead soldiers around the table, rolling dice and creating little lead widows and orphans.

Napoleonics, Ancients, World War Two to Modern, Naval, Sci Fi, all good for me.

Yes, I also played role play games like RuneQuest, Traveller, Space:1889, 2300 AD, Command Decision, Volley and Bayonet, Harpoon, Napoleon's Battles, General Quarters, Ironclads and Aetherflyers, Armati, etc., etc.

Any of you guys bit by that bug?

I started with Avalon Hill's Midway in 1960, read Don Featherstone's books which came out in the '60's.

Regards,
Scott

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
But just because it means something to an individual, does that mean it means something?In the universal means something? Like does it mean something to the cosmos and will it have an effect upon world peace and social consciousness?

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:22 AM
I suppose, for want of a better expression.

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Again, I think that's up to you to decide. Besides, I think I've had one too many beers for such an indepth conversation when we were simply discussing gaming. ;)

Bmwhtly
09-18-2006, 07:33 AM
True enough.
I apologise.

PattiTheWicked
09-18-2006, 07:45 AM
I love my Gameboy. I'll happily steal it back from my six year old son any time.

aka eraser
09-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Yepper. (http://www.frankbaron.com/slowthumbedvidiocy.htm)

PattiTheWicked
09-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Heh. My friend is trying to convince his son to be more assertive, so he promised him that if he got three tackles at last Saturday's football game, he'd buy him a new game for his DS. If he gets 20 tackles all season long, Dad will buy the kid an x-box.

I said, "Dude, for an x-box, I will knock over as many seven year old kids as you want. Point one out for me, and I will take the little booger down."

Bartholomew
09-18-2006, 08:45 AM
As long as the wedding isn't after midnight on Saturday. That's my A.S. night (Bleach and Eureka, my new addictions ^_^)

Deal.

Vegas or the courthouse?

Forbidden Snowflake
09-18-2006, 10:26 AM
I live for gaming.

GPatten
09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
For the past thirty years I’ve been a gamer of sorts and why not? TV is not all that good at entertainment, gulf boors me, I love fishing, but no longer do much hunting.

I love Spider Solitaire, Mahjongg, and started gaming back when the Doss platform games of Doom along with the others came out.

It’s been a while since I stopped playing them and right now, I’m in the process of ordering and building my gaming system again. I hope to have the parts arrive this week and more by next month.

My system will consist of: and I will build it myself as I have others.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosewill Black Screw-less Dual 120mm Fan ATX Mid Tower Case
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550W Power Supply
AMD Athlon 64 4800+ “Toledo” 2000MHz 939 Dual Core Processor
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX Motherboard
ASUS EN7600GS Geforce 7600GS 512MB PCI Express Video Card
CHAINTECH AV-710 Sound Card
Two sticks of CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
Seagate Barracuda (Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb Hard Drive
LITE-ON Black 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM Drive
NEC Black DVD-ROM CD-ROM DVD Burner
NEC Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive
Zonet 56Kbps PCI Bus (Plug and Play) Data/Fax Modem
SAMSUNG 730B Black 17" 8ms LCD Monitor
Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2B 1 Pack
KASPERSKY lab Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 2.0 30 watts total RMS 2.0 Speaker system
SENNHEISER DJs Circumaural Headphones
APC BE750BB 750 VA 450 Watts 10 Outlets UPS

aadams73
09-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Watch out, questions like that brought the emo era. :D

Tickle Me, Emo!

*uhem* nothing to see here folks, just a crazy lady who hasn't had her coffee yet.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Used to be, in my early, mid-forties. Doom. Quake. Rise of the Triad. Had my own on-line, Capture the Flag team and played on a couple of others as LadyHawke, BabyCakes and ToeTag. :D Me and my BFG9000 were the last thing many a young man saw before oblivion.

Stew21
09-18-2006, 06:10 PM
The TV I watch doesn't rot my brain. I watch History Channel, Science Channel, Discovery channel, and a lot of movies. In particular the movies on TCM, FMC, AMC, Bravo, and A&E. I like classic movies, I like learning stuff. That's what my tv is for! :) I think it contributes far less to my brain rotting than a videogame would. Besides, I'm an addictive personality. I'd get into something like that and never get out, so no games for me.

DragonHeart
09-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Troubled, yes, but not alone (now I know I'm not the only one who moves from the computer chair to the video game chair).

For me it's the same chair. :D

I grew up with video games, although I didn't really get into them until about '98ish. Mostly cause my brother hogged the NES/SNES/N64. Once he moved out I had them all to myself, muahaha.

As of right now, I own a Playstation 2, a GameCube, and several versions of GameBoy, up to the Advance. I also do some limited computer gaming, but nowhere near as much as I did.

Mainly RPGs, but occasionally I'll find a non-RPG game so good that I just have to buy it.

The top of my list is Square Enix, specifically Final Fantasy. I have I-XI, with the exception of III, which was never rereleased for the PS1 like all the other NES/SNES titles. In about a month and a half I will be adding XII to this list; I have the collector's edition on pre-order.

Obsessed? Not at all. ;)

~DragonHeart~

Edit: By the way, not all games are brain-rotting monsters out to suck your soul. There are many games out there with plots just as complex as any novel, sometimes even moreso. Those are the kind of games I like, quite honestly. I hate the mindless kind; they get boring way too fast.

ChaosTitan
09-18-2006, 07:10 PM
I don't play video games, and the closest I get to computer games are Tetris, Solitaire, and an online puzzle site.

I do play PBEM RPG's. Fewer than I used to in the past, but they are a great way to relax and practice my writing skills at the same time.

Shadow_Ferret
09-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Is Zork still available?

Aubrey
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
I don't really game at the moment, but I've been sucked in to the idea by listening to DDR songs and seeing pictures of lovely characters such a Dante, Virgil, Vincent and Sephorith. Of course all those things sound so shallow, so let's just say I've been wanting PS so I can get in shape with Foot Simon (aka DDR). I do kind of worry I'd like gaming a bit too much though, and play all the time. That thought is making me hesitent to spend the 80 some dollars for a (used) system

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 01:14 AM
I LOVE the Science Channel and the Discovery Channel. Along with the stupid, brain numbing series they have on the tube nowadays, they have some excellent brain-food shows to make up for them.

For addictive personalities, video games are the last thing you want to get into. Then again, so is writing. ;) lol

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Go to a pawn shop. Sometimes they have older versions of gaming systems for VERY cheap (I bought my playstation for 15 dollars. :D )

Bartholomew
09-19-2006, 03:04 AM
I LOVE the Science Channel and the Discovery Channel. Along with the stupid, brain numbing series they have on the tube nowadays, they have some excellent brain-food shows to make up for them.

For addictive personalities, video games are the last thing you want to get into. Then again, so is writing. ;) lol

Yepo.

Hey, did you catch that special on Pyramids? I think it was on Discovery... they've been playing it over and over. X_X

Vincent
09-19-2006, 04:03 AM
This Christmas time I plan to be Wii'ing it up with Zelda.

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 08:39 AM
Seriously? I haven't been watching it (slightly poorer than usualy lately, so I've had to suck up basic cable :( ) If I don't get the opportunity to watch it, YOU ARE TAPING IT AND FREAKING AIRMAILING IT TO ME!. They have one on the different stages and types of heiroglyphics not too long ago, and it was amazing.

Have you every watched Beyond Tomorrow? The age of cyborgs is near, my friend! Japan kicks so much technological butt it's no even funny....

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
ZELDA! ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA! Dama and I had a rather obsessive (but fun) conversation about Zelda not too long ago.

Bk_30
09-19-2006, 10:13 AM
yep, I'm a gamer. cards, boards, not loving the playstation but I have one, Loved my game cube, want another. Zelda rocks! x-box no thank you. Puzzle games, and PC games. I used to play D&D 2nd edition..so the love of that game and elminster introduced me to Baulders Gate..which I played for 5 years and I still haven't finished the dang thing! From BG I moved to Dark Age of Camelot, which is an on-line game. I chose a role playing server so I have the best of all the worlds :). If I get stuck on a WIP I run out to the PVP part of the game and kill someone, if I'm looking to socialize and goof off, I stick to player vs enemy..either way I win! and I watch TV sometimes.

Akiahara
09-19-2006, 12:38 PM
For me it's the same chair. :D

I grew up with video games, although I didn't really get into them until about '98ish. Mostly cause my brother hogged the NES/SNES/N64. Once he moved out I had them all to myself, muahaha.

As of right now, I own a Playstation 2, a GameCube, and several versions of GameBoy, up to the Advance. I also do some limited computer gaming, but nowhere near as much as I did.

Mainly RPGs, but occasionally I'll find a non-RPG game so good that I just have to buy it.

The top of my list is Square Enix, specifically Final Fantasy. I have I-XI, with the exception of III, which was never rereleased for the PS1 like all the other NES/SNES titles. In about a month and a half I will be adding XII to this list; I have the collector's edition on pre-order.

Obsessed? Not at all. ;)

~DragonHeart~

Edit: By the way, not all games are brain-rotting monsters out to suck your soul. There are many games out there with plots just as complex as any novel, sometimes even moreso. Those are the kind of games I like, quite honestly. I hate the mindless kind; they get boring way too fast.
Umm... US release FFIII? It was originally on the SNES, and yes, it was released in Final Fantasy Anthology on the PS1. :D

I LOVE Final Fantasy.. obviously. I have them all except the first one... I think that one was lost in childhood, and XI, because it's an MMORPG and I don't play those. FFXII comes out next month! *happy dance* I've been waiting for this game FOREVER!

I just finished Xenosaga III, and anyone who is into 40+ hour, in depth, turn based role playing games should check this series out. I'm sad that it ended with the third one... I heard it was supposed to be made into about six. :( It is, hands down, the most complex story I've ever seen in a game. It's a true series... not like Final Fantasy that has different characters and a different world for every game (except X-2, of course).

I'm a little obsessed.

On a different note... for the xbox 360, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was great. It's on PC, too, but my computer was too slow to play it when it came out, so I bought it for the 360. It's rather non-linear, which was a change for me, but I liked it. My character was a vampire assassin. :D

I'm a nerd! I have yet to meet another woman with the same interests. Most I meet or know have heard or seen these games, but look at me like I'm nuts. So I enjoy the company of nerdy gaming guys the most. :)

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse
09-19-2006, 02:43 PM
For addictive personalities, video games are the last thing you want to get into.

my god, that is so true.
i can't play anymore. i snapped my cds. the damage to my life has not just been mental its been economical.
one smashed window (headbutt), about five controllers (thrown, bitten, boiled...), one laptop (punched).....
i hope for the sake of our future children, football manager is stopped.

but iss is cool.

Nangleator
09-19-2006, 05:14 PM
Former serious gamer reporting in.

I'm not a serious gamer now, I'm married instead.

I started with board games. Avalon Hill's Panzer Leader, Tobruk, Squad Leader, etc. Then moved on to computer games back when they had four colors. (Chuck Yeager's Flight Simulator was my first PC game.)

Back in '97 I upgraded to a Windows NT computer, just so I wouldn't be able to run most games. Saved me a bundle of money and time.

When I got a PS2 and spent the next two years obsessively playing Gran Turismo.

Older gamers: Google 'abandonware' and say goodbye to any lingering bits of free time you may have had left. (I've been re-hooked on Transport Tycoon and Steel Panthers.)

Eric Summers
09-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Just curious to see how many other gamers are out there. C'mon, you know you like the video games.

Currently playing:
Disgaea 2 : Cursed Memories
Jade Empire
The Elder Scrolls : Oblivion

Next up will be :
Dead Rising
Enchanted Arms
Final Fantasy XII (finally!)
Neverwinter Nights 2

Bartholomew
09-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Seriously? I haven't been watching it (slightly poorer than usualy lately, so I've had to suck up basic cable :( ) If I don't get the opportunity to watch it, YOU ARE TAPING IT AND FREAKING AIRMAILING IT TO ME!. They have one on the different stages and types of heiroglyphics not too long ago, and it was amazing.

Have you every watched Beyond Tomorrow? The age of cyborgs is near, my friend! Japan kicks so much technological butt it's no even funny....

Yeah, I see that every so often. :D

I can't tape things for you. :( I don't have a VCR.

CACTUSWENDY
09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
:) I am the owner of several player game systems. (two different brands) Have a collection of about 60 games. I belong to a site online that offers, for free, approx. 100 games. (Pogo) I also visit several online sites that deal with card/slot games. I am a member of the COH/COV role playing games.

From the very eary age of about five I have enjoyed board games, card games, and anything that causes my mind to have to stay active and involves a challange. I tend to be a competitive person by nature whether it is against a fellow live person or against a bot.

I view less T V now because the the quality of programs provided, but do have my favorites. I have a vivid sense of creativity in anything from crafts to the development of a story idea.

In no way do I feel my brain has rotted. If anything, it has caused me to be a thristy observer of life. (very little tunnel vision here)
I have found it also has kept me alert when in dialogue with people much younger than I am.

To all gamers out there...woot. :snoopy:

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:16 PM
Will you be my lover? :D

I'm a FF fanatic, though my favorite will always be FFX.

It's true about games not rotting your brain. That theory is based on a few , choice games that promote blowing people's brain's out and having sex with prostiutes for exta HP points. There was a talk show that discussed a game that allows whoever's playing to influence the economy and subtly teaches politics. I forget the name of it, but it sounded pretty cool.

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:20 PM
not like Final Fantasy that has different characters and a different world for every game (except X-2, of course).

Actually, I think FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus (spelling?) is a continuation of the first VII, but I have yet to play it. Knowing those wacky Square Enix people, it could be completely different. (BTW- I WOULD be a master at the second FFVII by now, but I'm poooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrr :( )

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Find someone that can!!!!(or we won't be getting married ;). )

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:23 PM
YOU SNAPPED THEM?!?!?!?!? WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?! Storing them away for later use, or giving them away is okay, but SNAPPING THEM? That's Step 7 of the 12 Step program, there's no need for that!

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Nonsense! When one marries, they must realize just how crucial games are!!! You might stay with that person forever and ever and ever, so you have to sure to give yourself a healthy dose of controller time.

Damn you, now I have to go to google. my curiousity is just so overwhelming right now that I HAVE to check it out. If it's has the same effect that RuneScape first gave me, my fellow AWers won't be seeing me for a while....

TsukiRyoko
09-19-2006, 10:30 PM
I've heard some EXCELLENT things about The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, but I have so much going on that I'm delibrately staying away from the electronics and games section at stores so I don't go anywhere near it.

When I get my hands on the new FF game, though, kiss my butt goodbye and I'll see you next year. ;)

Akiahara
09-21-2006, 01:39 AM
FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus is not a continuation. It's a side story about Vincent. The only other character I saw in there often was Yuffie (yuck!). It's also a third person shooting game versus turn based, which is what the rest are. ;)

FFX-2 was a true sequel... all the same characters, same map, and starts not long after FFX ends. Which I'm glad they did that... 'cuz that whole Tidus dying thing... I WAS SO PISSED. But I got my satisfaction... played the crap out of X-2 until I got the best ending. :D

Tsuki, if you don't have much free time, don't play Oblivion. It's addictive. It's good. It's REALLY good, but man... I wasn't even moving forward in the storyline... I was doing things like moving up in the Dark Brotherhood (assassins), drinking blood, moving up in the Mage's Guild, too. Just the side quests occupy A LOT of time... I was archer extradordinaire.

But it's in Washington and I'm now in California... SAD!

btw... I'm married, and we're both gamers. I'm just the hog. If we get a new RPG it's all mine. MINE, I say! The hubby can play when I'm done. :D

FFXII... :snoopy:

Any of you Final Fantasy geeks see anything on FFXII? Did you see what they did to the moogles?!?!? :Soapbox:

TsukiRyoko
09-21-2006, 02:09 AM
I know, Tidus's disappearance crushed me. :( I was in a funk for weeks. But then, I found out that FFX-2 gave you the possibility of bringing him back and I almost had a seizure. :D

As for oblivion, I'll MAKE free time. When I'm playing a game, everything can be put on hold. Skip school don't eat, just play! I know, my priorities are terrible.... but I'm a happy person!

What did they do to the moogles? If they distorted them or anything, I'm sending in complaints. They better have the Chocobos too, or I'm taking a trip to Square Enix HQ....

Akiahara
09-21-2006, 04:12 AM
I know, Tidus's disappearance crushed me. :( I was in a funk for weeks. But then, I found out that FFX-2 gave you the possibility of bringing him back and I almost had a seizure. :D

As for oblivion, I'll MAKE free time. When I'm playing a game, everything can be put on hold. Skip school don't eat, just play! I know, my priorities are terrible.... but I'm a happy person!

What did they do to the moogles? If they distorted them or anything, I'm sending in complaints. They better have the Chocobos too, or I'm taking a trip to Square Enix HQ....

I hear ya... but don't say I didn't warn you! Oblivion is uber addictive!

http://www.ffxii.net/images/vaan.jpg
This is Vaan, and he's the MC of FFXII, if you didn't know....

Are you ready? Grab a tissue!

http://ff12.gamigo.de/bilder/rassen/ras_moogle.jpg
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/9666/moogle19ez.jpg

I am enraged!!! Seriously!! They have been almost identical since the beginning! They BUTCHERED the moogles!!!

If you've forgotten.. this is what they're SUPPOSED to look like....

http://www.drimple.net/art015.jpg

I couldn't find any decent pics of chocobos... but from what I saw, they're pretty much the same.

TsukiRyoko
09-21-2006, 04:42 AM
:rant:THAT'S A MOOGLE??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :rant: :rant:

................................. This is the biggest atrocity I've witnessed all year. I have no words.... They better revert back to our beloved old style Moogle next game or I'm going to... well, I'm not sure just what I'll do. *sigh*

Vaan is amazing! I love the way they make the characters look, it's so exciting. From what I've heard, FFXII has a lot of trains....

Oh man, even if I don't eat for a month or two, I'm getting that game.

Akiahara
09-21-2006, 06:36 AM
See?!?! How TERRIBLE is that?!

I'm such a FF nerd... so much so that I'm willing to get a REAL moogle tattooed on my body... and they go and destroy them. They look awful.

They've pushed this game back a lot... so, I hope it's fantastic. I dunno how much you've seen of the other characters, Tsuki... but they have all sorts of different races. They're much more extreme than normal. There's a sorta rabbit-ish race... kinda reminds me of Freya from FFIX, but more bunny than rat. Some Star Wars lookin' things too...

I have it reserved, and I'll play the crap out of it when I have it... but I'm still disappointed about the moogles.

TsukiRyoko
09-21-2006, 09:49 PM
Go get the Moogle tattoo anyway, the GOOD Moogle (;)) and say "Screw it".

The many different races sounds pretty cool, but don't tell me they exaggerated them too much...

Freya, but more bunny than rat.... I can kind of see that. I'll have to play it to see if I'm right, of course.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM When you get your hands on it, please BE SURE THAT YOU COME BACK AFTER A WEEK OR SO and tell me all about it!!! :D

PS-I'm going as an Al Bhed for Halloween. Most of the people will look at me oddly, not because of the outfit, but because I look too old to go stealing their candy. It'll still be fun.

Akiahara
09-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Okay, okay, okay... I'm giving in. Here's some info about Final Fantasy XII, Tsuki, and anyone else who's interested (that hasn't seen it already).

http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/hume.jpgHumans are referred to as Humes in the world of Ivalice. There are many different kinds of Humes in the world with varying levels of intelligence, body features and cultures. Social standards of Ivalice have other anthropoid races on equal terms with Humes, but there are other more intelligent races. These superior races prefer not to show themselves to Humes. There are also other less intelligent races that Humes utlize as slaves for manual labor. Humes make up around 40% of the population of Ivalice.

http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/viera.jpgTall and thin, vieras are people of the forest. Known for their long, slander bodies, tall ears and beautiful silver hair, the viera can live up to three times as long as average humes. With two different varieties, Veena Viera have white skin and Rava Viera have brown skin. Had it not been for their height and long ears, this race would closely resemble the humes. Having a greater sense of sight, a viera can spot and catch her prey from 10 km in the distance. Viera's great sense of hearing allows them to make out even the different sounds of footsteps.
Over 450 years ago, the ancient homeland of the viera was destroyed in war. Having lost great portions of forest to conflicts, some vieras started to live amongst the Hume. Mixed vieras of Veena and Rava lineage easily integrate with Humes. Pure-blood vieras remained in the forests, keeping their ancient traditions.

http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/bangaa.jpgThe race evolved from reptiles have hard scales that cover their entire bodies. One of their features is the long, low-hanging ears. There are four kinds of bangaas. Bangaa-Ruga have yellow-brown skin with short ears are more gentle than the other bangaas, making them instructors or monks. Bangaa-Faas have bronze skin with great athletic abilities. In the bangaa language, Faas means soldier and they have a strong sense of justice. Bangaa-Bista with their copper skin; Bangaa-Sanga have ash grey skin. While there are four kinds of bangaas, there are also mixed bangaas of different decent.
Other than differences in their physical appearence, the bangaa race have similar intelligence and lifestyles with humes that allow bangaas to fuse in with human society. Bangaas live 1.5x or 2x as long as average humes, but they have low reproductive cycles. Bangaas are physically superior with great hearing and mobility. Due to their voice limits, they can only command low-level magic. There is one that has developed exclusive magic for the bangaa race. Between the Bangaa-Ruga and Bangaa-Faas, they make the laws and keep the order. The Bangaa-Bista and Bangaa-Sanga lead more general lifestyles, which makes it easier for them to integrate with humes. There are rebels among the bangaas, as some Bangaa-Ruga become fighters. Certain bangaas shave their hair and become thugs that attack people. Lizardmen are closely related to bangaas, but they are less intellgent and detested by the bangaa race. Bangaas take offense to people calling them "Lizard guys."

http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/moogle.jpgKnown for their small bat-like wings, soft hair covering their bodies and the red pom-pom on their heads, the moogles are around 80-120 cm tall. Their intelligence and lifestyles are similar to humes, which makes it easy for moogles to live amongst the humes. With their dexterous hands, they are knowledgable in the field of engineering. It is said that moogles built the first airship, a masterpiece of technological advancement. Most moogles contribute to society with their great engineering capablities.
There are moogles that are so advanced that they are able to learn the ultimate technology called Etoria. While it looks like an ordinary city, there's a capital for moogles at the center of the city that's tailored for the small moogles. Humes and bangaas usually pass through the city. While mostly moogles inhabit the city, there are also unidentified technology that's installed in the city that even moogles do not understand. While not all moogles become engineers, there are a few moogles that become knights or mages. Throughout history, moogle-technology have been used in wars amongst the humes, the different races and against monsters.

http://www.ffxii.net/images/content/seeq.jpgThe race that evolved from pigs, seeqs are about as tall as humes. They tend to grow fat and their intelligence is not high. While they may look slow, seeqs can be fast and make great fighters. With great offense and defense, their great balance allows for fast movements. Due to their great combat abilities, seeqs make great mercenaries or guards. The seeq is a barbarous race with no morals. A lot of them become thieves, with jewelry and gold being their favorites with which they decorate their ugly bodies.

That was probably more than you wanted to know, but there it is. I'm pretty sure Ivalice is the world from FF Tactics. http://www.finalfantasyxii.com/ Pretty neat site.

Okay, that's it. I'm done, really... I swear...

*edit* Al Bhed? Really?! I think that's awesome! I want to find some sort of Halloween event to go to where I can dress up, but also do something for the actual holiday (since I'm Wiccan, ya know, a public ritual or something would be cool). Fun fun fun!

TsukiRyoko
09-22-2006, 04:49 AM
WOOOOOOT! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

<3<3<3<3<3 FF!

I also practice the Sabbats;D.Sadly, Samhain isn't going to be as busy for me this year, so I think I'll just enjoy my big bag of tick or treat candy and have a small ritual.

Akiahara
09-22-2006, 06:17 AM
Neat. :) Since I love in a larger, more liberal area, I hope to do something public. And now I have someone else who might be interested in going... my husband is not interested in all. :P

So we'll see. But if I can't do something public for Samhain, then I'd like to dress up and do something silly involving alcohol. ;)

TsukiRyoko
09-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Ah, alcohol is always a good substitute for not being able to do something for a holiday. Unless the cops come ;).

Akiahara
09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Ah, alcohol is always a good substitute for not being able to do something for a holiday. Unless the cops come ;).
Hey, I'm of age to legally drink alcohol. As long as I'm not driving, what do they care? :D

TsukiRyoko
09-22-2006, 10:50 PM
From the things I've seen my neighbor get arrested for, I have a rough idea of what the cops do and don't like. For instance, anything involving a naked person dangling from a roof or running on the freeway- big no-no. Sharing a beer with a cop, sometimes acceptable. Puking all over a nice restaurant, not appreciated. Slipping a $20 to the officer while entering the cop car, highly recommended.

Cyjon
09-23-2006, 01:09 AM
I've been a computer gamer since the days of "Hunt the Wumpus". The first game I ever bought was "Computer: Ambush" for my Apple ][+.

I haven't been gaming much lately. After the fall of gonegold.com (best gaming site ever) and my subsequent disillusionment with the post-gonegold communities, I found a lot of my motivation was gone. I still play Sims 2 regularly (meaning way too much), and I would like to play Oblivion through a second time, but I really have no interest in new games at this point. I've gotten jaded and every game I look at is some variation on something else I've play a zillion times already.