It's all over!

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
It's all over! :D

The days as a student are now behind me. I just handed in my master's thesis that I have been working on the whole year. It feels great finally to be done with it. It has been a big mental strain the last many months but now it's over.

:snoopy:

Two weeks vacation in Canada starting tomorrow to fill up my tanks again, and after that I'm only gonna write non-study related material. Ahhh....! :D Life is good.

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, J. The toughest part is getting the dang thing past the library formatting Nazi, right? Now, once a copy of your thesis appears in the library stacks, tape a twenty dollar bill on page 37 with a note that instructs the finder to send you an e-mail about the discovery, and for him/her to enjoy the twenty. Chances are, ten years from now, you will be able to go back and retrieve your twenty. But be careful, the sound of that book spine going through its de-flowering snap can cause a high-frequency hearing loss.

Note to all: This is not a comment on J's thesis quality. Theses and dissertations are rarely read once they are placed on library shelves. The important information in them is typically published in other formats.

By the way, J. Your reference to fluorescent rabbits--does that have anything to do with green-fluorescent protein expression?

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! Bet you feel great! Sadly... I have seven more years as a student (if I go to college.) :(

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you, J. I think I slept for a week. I had so much expresso in me that I thought I'd never sleep again and yet when the adrenaline rush wore off...

Celebrate and then crash!!! And read your favorite genre!!

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2bouncey Happy holiday! and congratulations on finishing the thesis

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. :) After getting over the jet lag, I am now off to discover Vancouver. Great not to have to think about the thesis... :D

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! And have a wonderful time in Vancouver - one of my favorite places.