PDA

View Full Version : American Piety in the 21st Century AKA the Baylor Religious Survey

Saint Fool
09-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Baylor has done a survey on religion:American Piety in the 21st Century.

Here is a link to the PDF dowload (which took 5 minutes on my moderately fast dial up) www.baylor.edu/isreligion/index.php?id=40634 (http://www.baylor.edu/isreligion/index.php?id=40634) (You will need to click on the title to start the download).

The Four Views of God (starting around page 23) and how they correlate with many, many topics are jaw-dropping fascinating. (in my opinion.)

To the mods: If it belongs somewhere else, feel free to move it but it is jam packed with statistics and is fascinating research.

L M Ashton
09-13-2006, 06:48 AM
So are you asking us to do a survey or are you asking us what we think of the survey? And if you're asking us to do the survey, what's your interest in it?

Saint Fool
09-13-2006, 09:38 PM
No - the link is to the completed survey. There is a copy of the original survey questions at the end.

I had no agenda when I posted it and didn't really expect any discussion or response at all. Just thought the results were interesting and that others might find it useful. Or not.

Soccer Mom
09-14-2006, 02:21 AM
Thanks S'Fool. I'll check it out. It sounds like interesting reading.

mdin
09-14-2006, 02:50 AM
There's some fascinating stuff in there, though I'm curious what specifically you thought was "Jaw dropping."

RJLeahy
09-14-2006, 05:19 AM
I like piety. Key lime especially, but pumpkin's good too.