How many ex PA Authors have found new publishers?

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I believe you might speak to Gravity about that.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Jo Scott said:
I believe you might speak to Gravity about that.

Yep, me. Chanteuse Sophie Tucker (for those of you old enough to remember her) once famously stated, "I've been rich, and I've been poor. Rich is better." And I can truthfully say, "I've been a PA author, and I've been traditionally published. Traditionally published is better."

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
If we're strictly speaking about getting their PA books bought by a real publisher, darned few. If we're talking about ex-PA authors who went on to get subsequent books published, there are more.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
I have

My next book, Nudist Guy and Yankee Gal will be released in October from Author's Ink Books, a small publisher in Mi.

If you are interested in a good small publisher, she has a website and is pretty easy to deal with.

Just don't expect anything overnight.

awp

NancyMehl

She Who Resonates...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nancymehlbooks.com
I had my PA book re-released by a small publisher. I sold a series to another small publisher (Zumaya) and had another novel published by Treble Heart Books. Although these are small publishers, they are NOT PA.

I recently signed a three book deal with Barbour Books, which is a large, inspirational publisher. My newest series will go through their book club, then it will be packaged and sold in bookstores across the country.

So...there IS life after PA.

Nancy

Eric Summers

Apply Directly to Forehead
Registered
Reaction score
NancyMehl said:
I recently signed a three book deal with Barbour Books, which is a large, inspirational publisher. My newest series will go through their book club, then it will be packaged and sold in bookstores across the country.

Nancy

Wow! Congratulations Nancy.

Athosmr

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted my manuscript to PA at my father & brother's insistence, not knowing what PA was doing/had done. They approved the manuscript & sent the sample contract, but I was smart enough to do some research before even telling them to send the contract. The problem is, since I never copyrighted the book, can they pass it to another PA author to have it published on PA? What can I do to ensure this doesn't happen? I don't even know where to go to copyright it.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Athosmr said:
I submitted my manuscript to PA at my father & brother's insistence, not knowing what PA was doing/had done. They approved the manuscript & sent the sample contract, but I was smart enough to do some research before even telling them to send the contract. The problem is, since I never copyrighted the book, can they pass it to another PA author to have it published on PA? What can I do to ensure this doesn't happen? I don't even know where to go to copyright it.

You don't need to worry. It is unbelievably rare for anyone to steal a manuscript at all, let alone successfully. When submitting manuscripts to publishers it is a mark of utter naivete to send a copyrighted manuscript. Even PA can't get away with stuff like that.

Regards,
Scott

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not even trying to find one for the ex-PA novel. I wouldn't try unless I totally rewrote it first. That's another future project.