PDA

View Full Version : How many ex PA Authors have found new publishers?

Bo Sullivan
09-11-2006, 01:50 AM
I would be very interested to know how many of the authors on this board have found a new publisher after having their books released by PA.

Duped

TwentyFour
09-11-2006, 02:33 AM
I believe you might speak to Gravity about that.

Gravity
09-11-2006, 05:37 AM
I believe you might speak to Gravity about that.

Yep, me. Chanteuse Sophie Tucker (for those of you old enough to remember her) once famously stated, "I've been rich, and I've been poor. Rich is better." And I can truthfully say, "I've been a PA author, and I've been traditionally published. Traditionally published is better."

James D. Macdonald
09-11-2006, 05:59 AM
If we're strictly speaking about getting their PA books bought by a real publisher, darned few. If we're talking about ex-PA authors who went on to get subsequent books published, there are more.

allenparker
09-11-2006, 10:45 PM
My next book, Nudist Guy and Yankee Gal will be released in October from Author's Ink Books, a small publisher in Mi.

If you are interested in a good small publisher, she has a website and is pretty easy to deal with.

Just don't expect anything overnight.

awp

NancyMehl
09-12-2006, 01:52 AM
I had my PA book re-released by a small publisher. I sold a series to another small publisher (Zumaya) and had another novel published by Treble Heart Books. Although these are small publishers, they are NOT PA.

I recently signed a three book deal with Barbour Books, which is a large, inspirational publisher. My newest series will go through their book club, then it will be packaged and sold in bookstores across the country.

So...there IS life after PA.

Nancy

Eric Summers
09-12-2006, 02:51 AM
I recently signed a three book deal with Barbour Books, which is a large, inspirational publisher. My newest series will go through their book club, then it will be packaged and sold in bookstores across the country.

Nancy

Wow! Congratulations Nancy.

NancyMehl
09-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Wow! Congratulations Nancy.

Thanks, Eric.

Nancy

Bo Sullivan
09-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Nancy well done. You inspire me.

Bo Sullivan
09-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Allen Parker you are also to be congratulated. I see stars before my eyes and hope that the same will happen to me.

Athosmr
12-16-2006, 04:04 AM
I submitted my manuscript to PA at my father & brother's insistence, not knowing what PA was doing/had done. They approved the manuscript & sent the sample contract, but I was smart enough to do some research before even telling them to send the contract. The problem is, since I never copyrighted the book, can they pass it to another PA author to have it published on PA? What can I do to ensure this doesn't happen? I don't even know where to go to copyright it.

Popeyesays
12-16-2006, 04:15 AM
I submitted my manuscript to PA at my father & brother's insistence, not knowing what PA was doing/had done. They approved the manuscript & sent the sample contract, but I was smart enough to do some research before even telling them to send the contract. The problem is, since I never copyrighted the book, can they pass it to another PA author to have it published on PA? What can I do to ensure this doesn't happen? I don't even know where to go to copyright it.

You don't need to worry. It is unbelievably rare for anyone to steal a manuscript at all, let alone successfully. When submitting manuscripts to publishers it is a mark of utter naivete to send a copyrighted manuscript. Even PA can't get away with stuff like that.

Regards,
Scott

janetbellinger
12-16-2006, 04:40 AM
I'm not even trying to find one for the ex-PA novel. I wouldn't try unless I totally rewrote it first. That's another future project.