How believable are horoscopes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to believe mine today. Yep, I'm still waiting for something good to happen. But you've got to admit that the quickie part was dead on for what's been happening lately.

---

Quickie:
Good things are about to happen that will make you forget all the recent bad stuff!

Overview:
Summon up some patience. Many new opportunities are waiting for you, but trying to force circumstances to happen on your schedule isn't going to work. Trust the universe.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There's very believable!

For example . . .

Aries: Don't do anything stupid today or you'll regret it.
Pisces: Be careful with how you spend your money; an unexpected expense is coming up.
Libra: You will have to make a hard decision today; go with your natural good instincts.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I dunno about horoscopes, but I got a wonderful message in my fortune cookie yesterday when I went out to eat.

The mystic wisdom of the ancients was this:

You will inherit a large sum of money.

Pretty mystical.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I prefer the horoscopes in The Onion, m'self.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Mine's probably the reverse: I'll get an eviction notice, my utilities will be shut off, my car will die, and I will discover that last paycheck bounced. :cry:

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Laughter is the very best medicine; remember that when your appendix bursts next week.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Laughter is the very best medicine; remember that when your appendix bursts next week.
I dunno about that, but if I don't go pee soon something else is going to explode.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
...and other things I didn't need to know!

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Who writes horoscopes anyway?

Think about it : some clerk somewhere is sitting at his desk trying to come up with something original.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
If the gravitational pull of stars and planets somehow affects our personalities, then think about this: The nurse that delivered you had more gravitational pull on you than the nearest star. Astrology is bullcrap.
But I still hope your horoscope is right.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Fortune cookies are better in predicting my life. I got one yesterday: "You love Chinese food." Talk about accurate!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
Fortune cookies are better in predicting my life. I got one yesterday: "You love Chinese food." Talk about accurate!

Do those lucky lotto numbers on the back really work?

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I am sure they do. Just not when I played them in the lotto.

(then again, do you really think I would tell you? silly. how do you think i am so independently wealthy?)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
I am sure they do. Just not when I played them in the lotto.

(then again, do you really think I would tell you? silly. how do you think i am so independently wealthy?)

I thought it was from your 'stable'. Glad to know it's just .. uh.. luck!

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
Honestly, I used to read my horoscope all the time. In the NY Post - NY's most reliable source for information. Then one day it said "Today is a great day for signing contracts. Something in the area of publishing or finance."

That was the day Rockway approved my book. I don't read them anymore.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
persiphone_hellecat said:
Honestly, I used to read my horoscope all the time. In the NY Post - NY's most reliable source for information. Then one day it said "Today is a great day for signing contracts. Something in the area of publishing or finance."

That was the day Rockway approved my book. I don't read them anymore.
:poke: ...and what happened next? Or is this a TIO topic?

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
forget those silly daily horoscopes. want to have some fun (and learn more than you cared to know??)

try this site www.astro.com

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Horoscope for Aquarius

Quickie: The hunger and impatience you've been feeling lately is about to come to an end.

Overview: You're holding your own life hostage to fear. You can't make decisions based solely on not disappointing the people in your life. Tell your loved ones what you want. Believe it or not, they'll understand.

Daily extended (by Astrology.com)
The hunger, impatience and irritation you've been feeling lately is about to come to an end. You're entering a new phase of reward and contentedness. It's very important for you to keep your eyes open and look for opportunities. This may require you to push situations in certain directions. But as long as you respect other people's comfort zones, you should feel free to urge things along in whatever way you see fit. Just be prepared for people to maintain their own motivations.

I let you know how it was tomorrow.
:tongue

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I got my fortune told at a carnival one time. It wasn't by the archtypical old gypsy woman--it was a sort of an older chap with a bad lisp. He told me a girl would crash into me as I was going back to the car to get something I'd forgot, and that we'd spend the evening together.

Well, it turns out my wallet was still in the car... so to pay him, I ran out to go get it any pay him. ... And then Kim bumps into me. Literally. So she tags along for the rest of the night.

But after I got my wallet and returned to the fortune telling tent, the whole thing was gone and someone was selling bad hotdogs there. =\

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I don’t believe in horoscopes but astrology is interesting. I did an astrology chart finding the Sun and Moon signs, Ascendant and Descendant signs. Not taken at face value, but interest in signs for compatibility, career and family.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Horoscopes are about as believable as fortune cookies...or at least before fortune cookies stopped actually telling fortunes and started coming up with ridiculous comments about life in general...

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
astonwest said:
Horoscopes are about as believable as fortune cookies...or at least before fortune cookies stopped actually telling fortunes and started coming up with ridiculous comments about life in general...

Astrology is a set of very complex, critical, bits of calculation based on the precise movements of planetary masses at specific times of the day. Its believability is based on a leap of faith that those movements have anything at all to do with human life. It's like the cartoon of the complex formula with the black box in the middle labeled, "Now a miracle occurs." No, I don't believe it -- but all those calculations sure are fascinating!

Status
Not open for further replies.