Brad Pitt is a Genius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060908/ap_en_mo/people_brad_pitt

NEW YORK -
Brad Pitt, ever the social activist, says he won't be marrying
Angelina Jolie until the restrictions on who can marry whom are dropped.

"Angie and I will consider tying the knot when everyone else in the country who wants to be married is legally able," the 42-year-old actor reveals in Esquire magazine's October issue, on newsstands Sept. 19.

Men across this country, who are on the fence as to whether to pop the question or not to their pushing girlfriends, bow to the genius of Brad Pitt.

Girlfriend: When are we gonna get married? We've been going out for five years!!!
Boyfriend: You know I love you, but I cannot in good conscious get married until everyone else in this country is able to be married. We must make a stand! We will never be married until it is legal for everyone!
Girlfriend: You take this very seriously. I didn't realize how passionate you are about same sex marriage.
Boyfriend: Well, now you know. Get me a beer.

Anyway....

:Hail:
brad_pitt.jpg

:D

Reaction score
Ol' Fashioned Girl said:
Just think of the divorce settlement this will avoid later.

lol...yep, the man is a genius.

Not that Jolie is counting change.

There are men across this country right now saying "Damn, why didn't I think of that?"

ETA: Not that we don't love you wonderful women. From my experience marriage is a wonderful insitution and should be celebrated. And such a successful one as well.

Yep.
:)

Last edited:

Aubrey

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if Tom Cruise will jump on this reason and try it with Katie. I heard Scientology isn't too fond of homosexuality though, so probably not.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What a crock. As if anyone cares if he gets married or not.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:
:ROFL:

Maybe.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if he really means it though.

He seems like a well meaning guy.

Well, then he should go on a hunger strike until it happens.

That's just plain stupid!

"Sorry, Jolee Jr. Daddy isn't marrying Mommie until gay marriage is leagal."

Please!

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
He’s not a genius. He is a guy who wanted a kid of his own, who most likely won’t even be involved much. Great guy! Knock her up for your benefit. Sorry. There was a time I liked the guy.

If rumors about Jennifer Aniston are true, not wanting to have a child, then good for her. DON’T do it girl for anyone’s sake but your own. Excuse the outburst. I will try to refrain from future outbursts.

Reaction score
writerterri said:
Well, then he should go on a hunger strike until it happens.

That's just plain stupid!

"Sorry, Jolee Jr. Daddy isn't marrying Mommie until gay marriage is leagal."

Please!

Yeah, you're probably right.

Do you think he's actually doing what I was 1/4 jokingly saying he was a genius for coming up with?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

Do you think he's actually doing what I was 1/4 jokingly saying he was a genius for coming up with?

Does that mean you're a jerk, too?

Reaction score
NY - Out on "The Island" spring and summer - in HE
TrainofThought said:
He’s not a genius. He is a guy who wanted a kid of his own, who most likely won’t even be involved much. Great guy! Knock her up for your benefit. Sorry. There was a time I liked the guy.
I agree - I doubt he will be involvled much either. Kids are kind of like this year's chihuauahs (sp??).. Last year it was cute to lug the little dog around town dressed in cute little outfits, this year it's babies.

As someone who raised a child by herself because DOD (dear old dad - as I always called him) wasn't all that interested, I think Brad's attitude sucks. It hardly gives the child any sense of normalcy or the feeling that they were conceived and born out of a loving relationship. I know my kid feels those feelings. It sucks when all the daddies are in the hockey locker room getting their kids dressed and Travis was in the corner with Mom. Of course, Angelina will just send a Manny or something.

In NY there is a huge campaign to encourage fathers to not only pay their child support but also to BE fathers.

The sad part is how fast he jumped in to adopt the other two children and some jacka$$ judge let him do it. Being a father is more than being a sperm donor.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
billythrilly7th said:

A genious for getting out of having to marry her, but an idiot for the way he chose to do so.

If he really wanted to marry her he'd do it without a second thought of gay marriage, right.

I mean would you look at your girl friend and say, "Gee, darling I really love you and our daughter and really want to tie the knot but... as a tribute to you and gays around the world and for the sake of cause...let's wait until gay marriage is approved! Let's take a stand!"

If she's just as stupid as he is, she'll agree. If she's smart, she'll see his scam and do something about it.

Reaction score
Unique said:
Does that mean you're a jerk, too?

Yes. I'm a jerk because I'd like to have companionship, but at the same time would like to avoid a situation that's a failure 50-65% of the time.

Reaction score
writerterri said:
I mean would you look at your girl friend and say, "Gee, darling I really love you and our daughter and really want to tie the knot but... as a tribute to you and gays around the world and for the sake of cause...let's wait until gay marriage is approved! Let's take a stand!"

I agree, but I love Brad and I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is being sincere.

I'll have to see what the late night comedians have to say about this before I make a final decision.

For all we know, Jolie might be saying "No marriage" and he needs to save face.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
When my wife gets home, I'm going to try this on her. We'll see how it works out.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Brad doesn't do much for me, and I don't think I've ever seen any of his movies, but he seems to be a fairly sincere and relatively normal fellow. He was brought up in a close, middle class family with a strong work ethic, and he actually seems to care about the various causes that he advocates. Maybe gay marriage is one of them - or perhaps he's just yanking the media's chain so they will halt speculation about his private life.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
kikazaru said:
Brad doesn't do much for me, and I don't think I've ever seen any of his movies, but he seems to be a fairly sincere and relatively normal fellow. He was brought up in a close, middle class family with a strong work ethic, and he actually seems to care about the various causes that he advocates. Maybe gay marriage is one of them - or perhaps he's just yanking the media's chain so they will halt speculation about his private life.
If you were a celebrity it seems like it would be impossible not to screw around with the media, doesn't it? That's what this sounds like to me.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
persiphone_hellecat said:
Being a father is more than being a sperm donor.

And being a mother is more than providing the womb...

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
persiphone_hellecat said:
Very true- and I wonder how much of a mother Angelina is going to be.

A pretty one.

I always wonder what the kids do when they grow up and they hang out wiht their friends who rent, for example, Gaia or one of her movies that has a fair amount of sex in it. I mean, is little Sean Preston, in ten years, going to get "Brittney Spears n3wd!" emails?

It would destroy my brain.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I guess I'm a bit surprised by the rigidity of opinion about two adults and three children none of us know the first thing about. I haven't seen anything reported that would make me suspect of their fitness to be good and loving parents. Angelina Jolie has sobered significantly from her scary party-girl days and Brad Pitt, who knows? Seems as okay as the guy at the end of my block.

Status
Not open for further replies.