PDA

View Full Version : Favorite movie lines

Melina
07-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Some of mine are:

"You're not even interesting enough to make me sick!" (Cher to Jack Nicholson in The Witches of Eastwick)

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smartass!" (Mike Myers to himself in So I Married an Axe Murderer)

"No more rhyming, I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?" (exchange between Wallace Shawn and Andre the Giant in The Princess Bride)

Yeshanu
07-19-2004, 08:33 PM
See my sig.

Also:

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you. -- Gandalf (I watch the movie just for that line when I'm procrastinating...)

Put aside the ranger and become who you were born to be. -- Elrond to Aragorn

(Whatever gave you the idea that I only ever watch one movie? :D )

ChunkyC
07-19-2004, 09:55 PM
"She should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West (no idea what movie)

maestrowork
07-19-2004, 10:01 PM
"Great moments come from great opportunities." -- Miracle

Greenwolf103
07-19-2004, 10:26 PM
My favorite movie lines can be found here:
dmcwriter.tripod.com/gree...n/id6.html (http://dmcwriter.tripod.com/greenwolfsden/id6.html)

They are underneath "My Favorite Movies."

Betty W01
07-19-2004, 11:05 PM
“Even a good decision if made for the wrong reasons can be a wrong decision.” - Governor Swann; from Pirates of the Caribbean

spooknov
07-22-2004, 11:17 PM
"But, why is all the rum gone?"

Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean

allion
08-02-2004, 06:11 AM
To quote Mr. Depp as well from that movie:

"But you _have_ heard of me."

Too many lines from The Godfather 1 & 2 to list here...

Kida Adelyn
08-04-2004, 11:19 PM
*starts reciting all three LOTR movies*

"It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"

"There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for. "

"No sam! I'm going to Mordor alone" "Of coarse you are! And i'm going with you!"

evanaharris
08-05-2004, 12:21 AM
All the lines from Spinal Tap. Though my favorites are:

[Asked by a reporter if this is the end of Spinal Tap]
David St. Hubbins: Well, I don't really think that the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end because what does the end feel like? It's like saying when you try to extrapolate the end of the universe, you say, if the universe is indeed infinite, then how - what does that mean? How far is all the way, and then if it stops, what's stopping it, and what's behind what's stopping it? So, what's the end, you know, is my question to you.

-----

[Asked to write his own epitaph]
David St. Hubbins: Here lies David St. Hubbins... and why not?

----

Mick Shrimpton: As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.

----

[Reading a review of Spinal Tap's latest album]
Marty DiBergi: "This pretentious ponderous collection of religious rock psalms is enough to prompt the question, 'What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn't he have rested on that day too?'"

---

David St. Hubbins: We say, "Love your brother." We don't say it really, but...
Nigel Tufnel: We don't literally say it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't say it.
Nigel Tufnel: We don't really, actually mean it.
David St. Hubbins: No, we don't believe it either, but...
Nigel Tufnel: But we're not racists.
David St. Hubbins: That message should be clear.

----

David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever.

---

David St. Hubbins: I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

LiamJackson
08-05-2004, 12:34 AM
David St. Hubbins: I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

My sentiments, exactly. ;)

AprilBoo
08-05-2004, 01:28 AM
From Jaws:

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

spooknov
08-05-2004, 01:32 AM
"Trust everyone. Just don't trust the devil inside them." Donald Sutherland in Italian Job

rtilryarms
08-05-2004, 03:20 AM
“You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it? I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face, and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it."

Tom Laughlin, “Billy Jack”

"Smith, Nevada Smith" Steve McQueen starring as "Nevada Smith" in the movie which would lead to my getting in huge trouble all of my life.

"clickety clackety, clackety clickety, smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap smlaap......"
The noise our home movie projector made in the '60's while on unsupervised fast rewind.

rt

jazziz1
08-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Yea, Evan! Spinal Tap rocks. Another bit from the movie when Nigel is playing the piano and describing his cross between Beethoven's composition and rock music: "It's sort of a mock piece," (or something to that effect)

Also, Tom Hanks in A League of THeir Own: "There's no crying in baseball!" (gotta have the scene with the quote)

Pthom
08-05-2004, 06:56 AM
Oh, those 60s movie projectors. One night, while monitoring a group of kids while their parents attended sunday school, I was showing black and white cartoons rented from the library. At one point (I believe Daffy Duck was valiantly trying to avoid being beaten to a pulp), the screen erupted in the most glorious depiction of a nuclear explosion--in living color. As the image faded to white, the scent of burning acetate reached my nostrils.

After the oohs and ahhs from the kids died down, I rethreaded the projector and we finished the cartoon. But that single event has been one of my most favorite movie experiences.

rtilryarms
08-05-2004, 09:55 AM
yea,

Thre's something about jammed reels and burning sepia that brings teary fondness to my otherwise dreary life!

evanaharris
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Yea, Evan! Spinal Tap rocks. Another bit from the movie when Nigel is playing the piano and describing his cross between Beethoven's composition and rock music: "It's sort of a mock piece," (or something to that effect)

"My influences are really Mozart and Bach, and I combine them, here...you could call it a "Mach" piece..."

"That's very pretty...what's it called?"

"Lick My Love Pump"

macalicious731
08-06-2004, 01:51 AM
"I concur." "Did you concur?" "Damn it, I should have concurred!" - Catch Me if You Can...

"Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die!" - Princess Bride (In Entertainment Weekly, Stephen King asked readers to send in their favorite movie lines - it's a good list - and that was number one!)

Along with some other great moments from The Breakfast Club, Empire Records, That Thing You Do!, Forrest Gump... as well as two hundred-some odd one-liners from Friends.

jazziz1
08-06-2004, 02:45 AM
"My influences are really Mozart and Bach, and I combine them, here...you could call it a "Mach" piece..."

"That's very pretty...what's it called?"

"Lick My Love Pump"

_______

Yup, that's the one. :b

ElonnaT
08-06-2004, 05:30 AM
Currently my fave movie lines are from POTC:

Will: You cheated!
Jack: Pirate.

Jack: There'll be no living with her now.

My 6 year old's favorite:
Jack: Stop shooting holes in my boat!

And of course my old favorites from The Holy Grail:

Black Knight: "'Tis merely a flesh wound." and just about all of his lines in that movie.

Akuma
08-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Kung Pow: Fist of Fury all the way.

"Betty has gone too far.Ki11ing is wrong. And bad. There should be a new stronger word for 'ki11ing'. Like badwrong...Or badong. Yes, ki11ing is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of ki11ing--Ginadab."
~the Chosen One

:lol It's so stupid, I love it!

spooknov
08-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Akuma got me thinking (scary, I know.)

"Hey, Hong Kong Phewy (sp?), what the fists of fury will ya?"
Shaggy in Scooby Doo Movie (right after Scooby kicks him in the face. :rollin )

"I'm not stopping till your fur's singed off."
Shaggy (in the midst of a bodily functions contest with Scooby).

That movie makes me laugh!

ReadingWriter
08-12-2004, 02:13 AM
"Where all de white women at?" - Cleavon Little (sporting a KKK sheet and hood) from BLAZING SADDLES.

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night." - Bette Davis from ALL ABOUT EVE.

tfdswift
08-14-2004, 06:59 AM
"When you're finished put the seat down. Women in tribe start war over this. Many deaths." ~ Tim Allen in Jungle to Jungle.

Favorite T.V. quotes:

"The Tribe has spoken" ~ Survivor ~ My Favorite show

"You are the weakest Link ~~ Good bye." ~ The Weakest Link

~Tammy (I know I watch too much t.v. ) :p

Brother Kevin
08-19-2004, 06:53 AM
"ooooooooooooo! jeeeezuz Christ you guys look! A Sub! A Jap Sub!!" - ventriloquist dummy

"Holy $hit Marv. The dummy's right!" - guy sitting next to dummy.
The dummy and one of 2 civilian observers in a ferris wheel in the movie '1941'.
1941 was slammed by every critic who ever reviewed it, as far as I know it was slammed by everybody who acted in it, and I think even Spielberg disowned it.

I think it's one of the great comedies of all time.

Right up there with "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World", "Monty Python & The Holy Grail", "Airplane" and a few others.:huh

Ken
05-21-2010, 03:31 PM
... "Alright Men. Let's get back in the war."
- the last line in the "Sands of Iwo Jima."
(John Wayne flick from the 40s.)

kayleamay
05-21-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm in a Steve Martin mood today.

From The Three Amigos:

Jefe: I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises.
El Guapo: Many pinatas?
Jefe: Oh yes, many!
El Guapo: Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe: A what?
El Guapo: A *plethora*.
Jefe: Oh yes, you have a plethora.
El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?
Jefe: Why, El Guapo?
El Guapo: Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it means to have a plethora.
Jefe: Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

From The Jerk:

Navin R. Johnson: Now be totally honest. You do have a boyfriend don't you.
Marie: Kind of
Navin R. Johnson: I know this is our first date but do you think the next time you make love to your boyfriend you could think of me?
Marie: Well I haven't made love to him yet.
Navin R. Johnson: That's too bad. Do you think its possible that someday you could make love with me and think of him?
Marie: Who knows maybe you and he could make love and you could think of me.
Navin R. Johnson: I'd be happy to be in there somewhere.

From Dirty Rotten Scoundrels:

Lawrence Jamieson: Freddy, as a younger man, I was a sculptor, a painter, and a musician. There was just one problem: I wasn't very good. As a matter of fact, I was dreadful. I finally came to the frustrating conclusion that I had taste and style, but not talent. I knew my limitations. We all have our limitations, Freddy. Fortunately, I discovered that taste and style were commodities that people desired. Freddy, what I am saying is: know your limitations. You are a moron.

David Poellot
05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
"You're a neomaxiezoomdweebie. What would you be doing if you weren't making yourself a better citizen?" - John Bender (Judd Nelson) Breakfast Club

milly
05-21-2010, 04:35 PM
From Talladega Nights, yes, I can't help it...there are some hilarious lines from this film:

Ricky Bobby: Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Ricky Bobby: Nobody plays jazz at the Pit Stop!
Jean Girard: Then why is the song on the jukebox?
Bartender: We use it for profiling purposes. We also have the Pet Shop Boys and Seal

Cal Naughton, Jr.: Hey, when you have the stereo and TV on, how do you change the volume on the stereo?
Ricky Bobby: "If you have the stereo on..." Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?
Cal Naughton, Jr.: 'Cause I like to party

Lucy Bobby: So how was your day driving with you father?
Ricky Bobby: Well let's see. I got mauled by a cougar, my Crystal Gayle shirt is ruined, and I didn't learn dick about driving. Other than that, it was great.

David Poellot
05-22-2010, 03:28 AM
If we're doing Talledega Nights, then:

"When I wake up in the morning, I piss excellence."

Not sure if that is exact or not.

rhymegirl
05-22-2010, 04:49 AM
Isn't this an old thread?

Doesn't it go in the movie and TV section?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus
05-22-2010, 05:10 AM
My favorite movie no one's ever heard of, Neil Simon's brilliant Murder By Death, full of bad one-liners, but I laugh my ass off every time:

Milo Perrier (spoof of Hercule Poirot): I would like a cold compress for my chauffeur, and a cup of hot chocolate for me, n'est ce pas?
Blind Butler: I don't think we have N'est ce pas, sir. Just Hershey's.

Dick Charlston (parody of Nick Charles): A blind butler!
Dora Charlston: (parody of Nora Charles) Don't let him park the car, Dickie.

Jessica Marbles (parody of Jane Marple): (As their room is slowly filling with poisonous gas) {{{sniff sniff}}} I smell gas!!
Miss Withers, her nurse: Well I can't help it, I'm old.
JM: No! This is the gas that kills!
MW: Well, sometimes my gas....

Dora Charlston: What's your name?
Blind Butler: Bensonmum
Dora Charlston: Thank you, Benson.
BB: No ma'am, Bensonmum. My name. It's Bensonmum.
Dick Charlston: And your first name?
BB: Jamessir.
Dick Charlston: Jamessir Bensonmum?
BB: Yessir.
DC: And what was your father's name?
BB: Howard! Howard Bensonmum.

Paper & Pencil
05-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Ending of Dodgeball:
"&%#$ing Chuck Norris" and the end where he sings Milkshake

The song in Robin Hood: Men in Tights where...where they sing about being men in tights.

Kung Fu Panda:
"Don't tell Monkey!"
"There is no charge for awesomeness...or attractiveness."

milly
05-22-2010, 07:34 AM
If we're doing Talledega Nights, then:

"When I wake up in the morning, I piss excellence."

Not sure if that is exact or not.

oohhh...and here's another:

Ricky Bobby: This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love fig newtons.

(when referencing the ad pasted across his windshield)

milly
05-22-2010, 07:47 AM
....and, from "Big Trouble in Little China"...I pure cry when I read this it's so funny, particularly picturing Kurt Russell in the movie saying this

Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

David Poellot
05-22-2010, 06:59 PM
"Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns."

"I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights."

"How come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get up. It'll be anarchy!"

I could do Breakfast Club all day long. Some of these are my ringtones. :D

Wicked
05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
"I've been kidnapped by Kmart." - Barbara Stone, when she finds out she's been 'marked down'. Ruthless People

"Muffy, meet Adolph. Adolph, eat Muffy!" - Sam Stone, introducing his wife's poodle to his new doberman. Ruthless People

"You got no nuts! What do I have to do? Put a gun in your hand, aim and pull your finger down you spineless wimp! I dare you to kill her!" - Sam Stone, to his wife's kidnapper during the ransom call. Ruthless People

kayleamay
05-23-2010, 01:35 PM
From UP IN THE AIR:

(http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000123/)

Natlie: Never?
Ryan: No.
Natlie: Ever?
Ryan: No.
Natlie: You never wanna get married?
Ryan: Nope.
Natlie: Never want kids?
Ryan: Not a chance.
Natlie: Ever?
Ryan: Never. Is that so bizarre?
Natlie: Yes. Yes, it is.
Ryan: I just don't see the value in it. All right, sell it to me.
Natlie: What?
Ryan: Sell me marriage.
Natlie: Okay. How about love?
Ryan: [scoffs] Okay.
Natlie: Stability. Just somebody you can count on.
Ryan: How many stable marriages do you know?
Natlie: Somebody to talk to, someone to spend your life with.
Ryan: I'm surrounded by people to talk to. I doubt that's gonna change.
Natlie: How about just not dying alone?
Ryan: Starting when I was 12, we moved each one of my grandparents into a nursing facility. My parents went the same way. Make no mistake, we all die alone.

Wayne K
05-23-2010, 02:10 PM
From Wolf

Will Randall: I've never loved anybody this way. Never looked at a woman and thought, if civilization fails, if the world ends, I'll still understand what God meant.

milly
05-24-2010, 05:50 AM
From a great oldie, "Tea and Sympathy"

Laura Reynolds: Years from now when you talk about this - and you will - be kind.

(this scene in the film is just...sooo bittersweet and perfect)

poetinahat
05-24-2010, 06:07 AM
From Repo Man:

Oly: Ordinary fuckin' people. I hate 'em.

Gretad08
05-24-2010, 07:29 AM
I know I posted this somewhere else before, but:

And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of assholes this side of the nuthouse!

We're gonna have the hap hap happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tapped danced with Danny f-ing Kaye!

Christmas Vacation, Clark Griswold

Komnena
05-25-2010, 02:03 AM
This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Wicked
05-25-2010, 06:47 PM
"Death is such a primitive concept. I prefer to think of it as battling evil in another dimension." The Last Starfighter

EmmaLoerick
01-06-2018, 01:36 AM
Wanted to revive this thread because I think it's fun. Here are two bits from The Crown that I love. Okay, so it's not a movie, it's a TV show. Whatever.

PHILIP: Are you my wife or my Queen?
ELIZABETH: I'm both.
PHILIP: I want to be married to my wife.
ELIZABETH: I am both, and a strong man would be able to kneel to both.
PHILIP: I will not kneel before my wife.
ELIZABETH: Your wife is not asking you to.
PHILIP: But my Queen commands me?
ELIZABETH: Yes.

And

ELIZABETH: Yes, there are those that would have preferred me to marry him; indeed, marriage with him might have been easier. Might even have worked better than ours. But to everyone’s regret and frustration, the only person I have ever loved is you. And can you honestly look me in the eye and say the same? (She pauses) Can you?

Seaclusion
01-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Okay, I'll play.

"The dude abides"

DanielSTJ
01-09-2018, 01:13 AM
From One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest:

After trying to move the water fountain.

Randle Patrick McMurphy: I tried, god dammit. At least I did that.

MaryMumsy
01-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

MM

DeleyanLee
01-18-2018, 01:36 AM
The Lion in Winter

Geoffrey to Eleanor: "I know that you know. You know that I know. We know that Henry knows. Henry knows that we know. We're a very knowledgeable family."

Kjbartolotta
01-18-2018, 01:48 AM
"Write a book about what!?"

-The Wrong Cops-

Maze Runner
01-18-2018, 02:20 AM
From Unforgiven, "I ain't like that no more, Ned. I ain't no crazy killin' fool."

Jaymz Connelly
01-20-2018, 08:21 AM
The Empire Strikes Back

Han Solo - It's not my fault!

Enlightened
01-20-2018, 11:02 AM
Jack: "I have to pull my boots up real high, you know."
Eric: "What do you mean?"
Jack: "Because the bullshit is getting thick. There are no piranha in there."
Eric: "I'm not kidding; there are piranha in there."
Jack: "Piranha....South America; they can't live here."
Jack walks into the muddy river and is attacked by piranha. He runs on top of the water to get out of the river.

1982, The Toy (Richard Pryor, Jackie Gleason, et al).

Runner up.... "Hey, you guys!" Sloth, The Goonies.

SimaLongfei
01-24-2018, 12:26 AM
Does it count if it's from a real life historical letter? I'd love to drop this in a movie.

Gentlemen,
You have undertaken to cheat me. I won't sue you, for the law is too slow. I'll ruin you.
Yours truly,
Cornelius Vanderbilt.

williemeikle
01-24-2018, 02:43 AM
"I didn't ask to see you. I don't mind if you don't like my manners, I don't like them myself. They are pretty bad. I grieve over them on long winter evenings. I don't mind your ritzing me drinking your lunch out of a bottle. But don't waste your time trying to cross-examine me."

- The Big Sleep -

Maze Runner
01-29-2018, 11:11 PM
In Pope of Greenwich Village, Jack Kehoe, listening to his mother (geraldine page) cough and wheeze, tells her, "At least go to the filters, Ma. And those highballs aren't doing you any good either."

Geraldine: "A little whiskey, Walter (cough, wheeze) is good for the system."

Turned out she would outlive her son.

JE.AllenStories
02-03-2018, 10:36 AM
“You know, there’s a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they don’t all bring you lasagna at work. Most of ’em just cheat on you.” * – Silent Bob - Clerks

forsusan
02-25-2018, 10:15 PM
"We'll jump"
"Like hell we will"
"They'll just have to go back the same way they came"
"get away from me"
"Would you make a jump like that if you didn't have to?"
"I have to but I'm not gonna"
"What's the matter with you?"
"I can't swim!"
"Why you crazy, the fall'll probably kill ya!"

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

There are many others in the movie, but this one stands out.

Pterofan
02-25-2018, 11:01 PM
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

I like to use that one on dates.