I can't post because of what?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishidid

Registered
Reaction score
Not enough points??? Are you kidding me? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Oh I get it. I have to buy a book by Jenna, right? Sorry, isn't going to happen. If that's the way people are treated around here then I'm outta here.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
irishidid said:
Not enough points??? Are you kidding me? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Oh I get it. I have to buy a book by Jenna, right? Sorry, isn't going to happen. If that's the way people are treated around here then I'm outta here.
Chill, Irish. A while back, we had a bunch of gang-spammers who joined the board only to harass us with a constant barrage of 9/11 conspiracy theory posts. In order to stop that from happening, Jenna instituted the 50 point rule to discourage them from joining just to post their nonsense in the TIO forum. Jenna has never demanded any payment or book purchases as the price of posting in AW.

Stay with us a bit and post elsewhere for awhile. It really doesn't take that long to build up to 50 points. Heck, I'll rep you now if you calm down and smile for me.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
It's not rep points you need to post in TIO, but 50 posts before posting in TIO and TIO is the only forum on AW with that type of requirement. It was a tough decision and one Jenna and the moderators gave very careful consideration to before instituting, but it was done for all the reasons Haggis explained.

Based on your post count, it is obvious you have already posted elsewhere and have discovered it's not a universal requirement for participating in AW.

Last edited:

SeanDSchaffer

irishidid said:

Funny, I've posted a number of times on the TIO board and I have never bought a book by Jenna.

Don't read into her post on TIO what you want her to have said. Read what she actually said.

Jenna said you need to post 50 times elsewhere on AW before posting at all on the Take-it-Outside forum. She also said that everyone starts out with 10 rep points and should have no less than what they started out with in order to post.

Nowhere in her post about participating in the TIO forum does it say anything about buying one of Jenna's books.

However, it does require you to buy one of her books to enter one of the two private forums on this board. And as I recall, the forum has to do with the particular book Selling the Fun Stuff.

Like I said above, read what she said, not what you want her to have said.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Uh... yeah. I'll take that apology whenever you're ready.

Amazing the way some people look for dirt where there's none.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Well, this is just plain silly.

Everyone knows that to post in TIO, you have to pre-order a copy of Pirate's Alphabet.

:)

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You mean . . I didn't have to buy that Celine Dion book in order to post?

Now I feel foolish.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I_Shrugged said:
Out of curiosity, why would anyone swoop in here and sign up just to post on TIO, when there are probably dozens of forums dedicated to the types of things posted in there?

We never could figure that out either, but it was a coordinated effort on the part of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists. The evidence was readily available and none-too-subtle in their own newsgroup.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
irishidid said:
Goodbye.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
It's to stop new members with short fuses from running in there and making ridiculous imflamatory and innaccuate declarations. Those would be hypothetical people of course, you would obviously never do that sort of thing.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Run Irish Run! AW Forums are 10 times more addictive than nicotine.
Look!

<=========================================Posts since August!

I'm melting.........melllllllllllllllllllll-ting!

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
And when do I get a 'bad report' button under my name? Huh? Huh? What's a guy gotta do around here to earn one of those?????

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Don't even ask. It's just too horrible to describe. It has to do with you and Ray in the HOL with a big vat of Vicks Vap-o-rub.

:::shudder::::

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Rllgthunder said:
And when do I get a 'bad report' button under my name? Huh? Huh? What's a guy gotta do around here to earn one of those?????

You'll never see it under your own name because you're not able to report your own post (Yes, I tried to do that, too, when we first moved to vBulletin. Geez. You'd think no one else around here ever pushed buttons just to see what they did before). Other users have seen it under your name since your first post. (In case you were serious.)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
You'll never see it under your own name because you're not able to report your own post (Yes, I tried to do that, too, when we first moved to vBulletin. Geez. You'd think no one else around here ever pushed buttons just to see what they did before). Other users have seen it under your name since your first post. (In case you were serious.)

Thanks! I thought it meant I wasn't a 'real' luker until it showed up. But....I can still have fun with it.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You mean to tell me that I didn't have to purchase Jenna's entire body of work to begin posting here! I've been shafted!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
But I bought the Celine Dion and Jenna Glatzer action figures, the ones with them waving pom poms. You mean I didn't have to?
...Oh come on. You'd have got 'em, anyway. Who wouldn't?

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
But have you bought the limited edition "sparkly ears" collection from Dawnoco? That'll guarantee you thousands of rep points and people will send you cookies.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody else dying to know if the esteemed OP saw the irony of starting a thread complaining about not being able to post?

Maybe this thread is just evidence of the OP's highly-developed ironic sense of humour.

Or maybe not.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
What's so frustrating is that I keep almost sending an e-mail to this person, asking where she came up with this nonsense... but then I realize again and again that I probably don't want someone with this kind of temper and lousy reasoning skills around here anyway. It still bothers me, because I see people like this run off to other websites and bring their crazy tales with them ("I wasn't allowed to post on AW because I hadn't bought Jenna's books!") and people actually believe them.

Sigh.

It is a reminder for me that there are people who will actively look for reasons to hate me, even if they have to make them up.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ah. Maybe so. But then there are all of us you've given ample reason to love ya.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're a tall, tall poppy, Jenna. Some folks like their gardens niiice and even.

Status
Not open for further replies.