Things I Am Happy About

absolutewrite

Well, I started the "Screaming Thread" for people to vent about life's frustrations on the Take It Outside Board, so it's finally time to add the yin to this yang and start a new thread for happy thoughts!

Join me in posting about your successes here.

Tonight, I am happy. I had a book signing and it rocked. I wound up talking for 2 hours without realizing it because people asked a lot of questions, and I got such super compliments at the end of it. At least one person wants to come to my Omega writing workshop because of it, and some people bought all three of my books that were at the signing table. They want me to come back.

But no one ate my chocolates.

All in all, a great night, and I have all this chocolate left over to celebrate with.

How 'bout you?

Betty W01

I am happy that I finally got my contributor's copy for The Godly Businesswoman Magazine Guide to Cooking and Entertainment (and it is gorgeous!), my computer sound card is working again, my husband still has a job (it's a temp week-to-week one right now), my oldest son has called our house 3 times in the past two weeks to chat briefly (he DOES remember we exist!), I got paid for the last restaurant review I did, including reimbursement for the food, even though they haven't run it yet, and the editor has already OK'd another one and a future article, too.

whee!!!

:jump

P.S. I'm glad Jenna's book signing went so well. And that she has chocolate.

HeathenPrince

i have to borrow a quote from somebody for this one.
i'm happy because i'm me, i have a dragonship and the world is just one giant virgin coastline.

toto1958

women having their chocolate, the worlds a happier place there, for sure, geese don't get in the way of women having their chocolate. Peace on earth.

women + chocolate = peace on earth

( I trhink theres a federal law about touching a womans chocolates, ill have to look that up)

ChunkyC

I finished revising my first novel and submitted it.

I've started the second draft of my second novel, and I'm finding a lot fewer places that need obvious fixing than with the first novel.

I've made some amazing friends here since coming to AW last March.

veingloree

I am about to go home and make hot dogs for dinner. (vege ones with mustard and tomato sauce). I'm really looking forward to it. I am easily pleased. Then I might watch a DVD, I just bought Pirates of the Caribbean.

Greenwolf103

NOBODY touches my chocolate. GRR!! :grr

Glad to hear it went so well, Jenna. Yay! :jump

And the only thing I am happy about right now is that I got the third issue of my E-zine out without it looking warped. Only ONE sentence was broken off. Now if only I can figure out how to make the text bigger in the E-mail....

(And, yes, I'll be e-mailing Jenna soon to ask her for some pointers on this E-zine thingy, since she uses the same service. I know, I've been saying that for months, but this time I will do it. Really. No, really.)

aka eraser

I'm happy that I had a new site meter/counter installed on my website. It's more addicting than watching Amazon ratings. You can program it to discount your own visits and it doesn't count refreshing as a new visit.

Since it was installed 2 weeks ago I've had 199 visitors and 777 page views. Some folks have spent nearly an hour there.

It's just what I needed: another thing to keep me away from writing. :nerd

Arisa81

I am happy that:

* I've been submitting as much work as I wanted to, more even (not sold anything recently but that's okay, as long as I do soon)

*I haven't had writers block in a while. I've been sick for a few days, the ideas were there, but I couldn't think straight enough to write :b

*My motivation is reallllly high, so there is no sign of slowing down.

I just need to make more sales :b

maestrowork

I am happy that I am alive and all the opportunities in life for my taking.

I am happy that my family and friends are healthy and well.

I am happy that I love. And am loved.

Really, what more can I ask for?

ChunkyC

How about a hamburger with chopped hot dog as a topping?

:wha

Yes, they are actually are selling that at the Calgary Stampede this year.

Seriously, Maestro, couldn't have said it better.

maestrowork

Of course, I am still interested in that money/happiness research. It may take 10-20 years.

spooknov

:snoopy

I did it! Woohoo! I did it! :snoopy

I actually set a goal for a short story, wrote it by deadline, and edited it. I'm awaiting a final crit, then, it's time for submission. :snoopy

Greenwolf103

I proofread a book in 2 days!! WHOO-HOO!!!

With an active 2 1/2 year old to deal with for those two days, I'm pretty happy about it! :)

Oh, and a friend of mine is NOT moving to Texas like she said she was going to -- just to a close city. YAY!! :snoopy

MacAl Stone

I'm just happy in general today :grin Can't even account for my teetering-on-giddy-euphoria good mood!:jump

But I've been playing with my spanking new Word editing features, and may soon be beggin' people to send me stuff I can mark all over...this may be better than writing...:snoopy

Nawwww--what am I sayin'!:lol

edited for word fragments that happened when my brain wandered away briefly

maestrowork

Uh oh, the Mac's internal editor has been unleashed.

Run.

p.s. just sent you Tandem to try out your new electronic red pen. Hope it didn't ruin your day. HAHA.

ChunkyC

"I am thankful that I have the means to help others. Now all I need is the desire."

- Steve Martin

evanaharris

I just wrote 6000 words today in 3 hours.

I have teamed up with a writing pal to commit to our respective webserials, one per week. (His is an online comic, mine a text adventure story)

My current novel (the one I did 6000 words of) is coming along REALLY well.

That makes me happy.

spooknov

I am happy that I'm job hunting. No, really. I am. We've been living on a single income for way too long and I am a multi-tasker. I'm a happier person when I have many things to occupy my time. (which is why I write better when working on three stories instead of only one.)

:jump :jump :jump :jump :jump

Wish me :clover !

ChunkyC

23_32_5.gif