Somebody Touched Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkin2e

Luke 8 v 43 "And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, v 44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment; and immediately her issue of blood stanched"

I preached a sermon on this Sunday, September 3, 2006, at Waycross Rehab Center, a home for the infirmed and elderly. Here was a woman that had spent 12 long years seeking relief from her suffering. She had not only spent all her time and effort trying to get healed, but had also spent all of her money going from doctor to doctor.

When all of her resources were gone, and she had reached desperation, she reached out to a man called Jesus. Mind you, there was a large crowd of people, and I can just imagine how much effort it took for the woman to get close enough to Jesus just to touch the hem of his garment. Jesus immediately knew that someone touched him because he felt in his body the power of the healing virtue that went out. The woman was singled out, no longer a voiceless face in the crowd, but a newly healed woman with a story to share. She testified to Jesus before the whole crowd how she was immediately healed when she had touched Jesus.

Jesus then spoke these words to her in verse 48 "And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace".

Notice Jesus called her daughter...she was now His child and he loved her, healed her, and gave her words of encouragement. Many women in this world have longed to be loved and called daughter by their earthly Dads. Sadly, many dads have been absent when their daughters needed them. Jesus is never absent...call unto him.

Reach out to Jesus, He is reaching out to you.

There were approximately 30 residents at that service Sunday morning...most in wheel chairs, some without arms or legs. But they all had made an effort to reach out to Jesus, and that Sunday morning service was one I will never forget...tears were flowing, amens were ringing out, and the presence of the Lord was there in a real way.

I also preached on John 21 verses 1-13.

Pray for all residents of nursing homes.

May God touch you in a special way I pray.

Irvin L. Rozier, aka walkin2e

Status
Not open for further replies.