Must... stay... awake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolutewrite

All this hard work I've been doing trying to change my schedule to some semblance of normalcy, and my publicist went and scheduled me for a 6:15 a.m. radio show today. So I have to keep myself not only awake, but coherent for another hour and 45 minutes (it's a 1/2 hour spot), and I'm fading fast. Anyone want to keep me awake?

I'm gonna break my no caffeine rule, obviously, and suffer the consequences later (panic/bad stomach), but any other tips for staying awake?

Perhaps I'll try dancing. :snoopy

Or jumping. :jump

Or banging my head against things. :head

absolutewrite

Great. I drank so much green tea that now that the interview's long over, I'm way too wired to sleep.

I can't win today! :smack

Lori Basiewicz

Jenna, I stayed up all night working on TBWN in order to get the next scene to my workgroup (which I still haven't done). Kept finding myself typing while my eyes remained closed after I blinked, so I decided a couple of hours of sleep was in order. But every time I fall asleep, something happens. If it's not Jehovah Witness's at the door, it's the neighbor mowing his lawn. I'm giving up and staying awake. Pass the green tea, please.

absolutewrite

Once I'm asleep, I'm dead to the world. I mean, when I was growing up, the house next door went on fire and there were fire trucks and their noisy sirens about 40 feet from my window. I didn't stir.

The trick is getting to sleep. I admit that I gave in at 9:30 a.m. and took an Actifed. Knocked me right out. But that's the 3rd or 4th time this week I had to do that... My body must be so confused. I amped it up with green tea, then knocked it down with antihistamines.

Lori, I wrote a doormat to combat the Jehovah's Witnesses and others. I says:

We love our vaccuum, we found God, and we gave at the office. Thanks for stopping by.

Yeshanu

Oooh, Jenna! :jump Where can I get one of them there doormats?

(And it should mention electric companies, phone companies, cable companies, etc. But there should also be something about "If you're a girl scout (guide in Canada) selling cookies, or a school kid selling chocolate, please knock!)

absolutewrite

Ohhhhhh, I love the Girl Scouts! I have actually been known to call the Girl Scouts on years when no one came to my door to specifically ask them to send me a Scout. Tagalongs... mmmmmm.

Doormats-- my mom called me from the mall the other day to tell me it was in Hallmark's front window. I felt so famous I almost went down to autograph the thing. Does anyone autograph doormats? :grin Visit www.highcotton.com for a fabulous selection of funny doormats.

Yeshanu

Hee, hee.

There was a doormat that says, "A Fisherman and a Normal Person Live Here." Now Frank's wife knows what he needs for Christmas. :lol

Kida Adelyn

Sounds like a usefull dormat.

Once I'm asleep, I'm dead to the world. I mean, when I was growing up, the house next door went on fire and there were fire trucks and their noisy sirens about 40 feet from my window. I didn't stir.

:grin I'm the same way. Once, when I was 12 or so I fell asleep first at a sleep over and the other girls duck-taped my feet and hands together. Another time they put tooth paste in my hair then threw teddy bears at me.

I'm also the same way when I'm reading. I only stop reading if the noise level drops.

writerscut

There was a doormat that says, "A Fisherman and a Normal Person Live Here."
My grandparents have:
One nice person, and one old grouch live here...

Lori Basiewicz

Jenna, I've seen that doormat. You wrote it? That is just so cool.

Yeshanu

I don't think Jenna wrote the doormat... It was just on the site she linked to. (But I could be wrong.)

I'm the same way. Once, when I was 12 or so I fell asleep first at a sleep over and the other girls duck-taped my feet and hands together. Another time they put tooth paste in my hair then threw teddy bears at me.

:ack How come I never heard about this?????? :ack

<Mother goes and has nervous breakdown and vows not to allow Kida go to any more sleepovers until she's at least 35...>

aka eraser

<Mother goes and has nervous breakdown and vows not to allow Kida go to any more sleepovers until she's at least 35...>

Sensible Ruth...along about the time she's allowed to have her first date.

:grin

<eraser runs away from Ally>

writerscut

No dating till after she's married? Duct taped your hands and put toothpaste in your hair!!! What kind of slumber party was that?

Yeshanu

What kind of slumber party was that?

One where most of the participants didn't sleep, obviously.

And yes, I've told her all along that she can begin dating at 35... :grin

absolutewrite

Lori, you've seen my doormat? NICE!

Also wrote a few aprons and things for High Cotton:

I cook, therefore you clean.

Set the table quietly and no one will get hurt.

There was another, but I forget what it is. And one doormat they rejected that I really think they should have published:

If you've been out fishing with my husband, please stand here until you smell like you haven't.

ritinrider

It don't work ya'll. No matter how many time we tell them "no datin', and no marryin' until you're 35" they still go and date. Sometimes while even in high school. Then after awhile the silly things get married, and they still haven't reached 35 yet. When we asked our daughter how she could be getting married at the tender age of 30, when she wasn't even supposed to date she replied, she hadn't been dating. Uh, then how did she get engaged? She'd been 'seeing' him. That girl has an answer for everything.

Yeshanu

:jump You really did write that doormat! (Frank must get one now for sure!)

If you've been out fishing with my husband, please stand here until you smell like you haven't.

:rofl

Loved it! Is there any other place you can sub that to?

Of course she does! Look at who her mother is.

Jyndral,

You talking 'bout me? :grr ( :p )

writerscut

For Yeshanu, being bound and gagged with duct tape is a daily occurance...:ha I had too...

Status
Not open for further replies.