Bye Bye Birdie

Status
Not open for further replies.

writerscut

Wow...hope I'm not confusing anyone with Ms. Glazer's post. I'm trying out for Bye Bye Birdie tomorrow...a little nervous. Problem is, there are two part for someone my age...Conrad Birdie and Hugo Peabody. I know about Conrad Birdie, but could someone tell me about Hugo, if you know the story. I was wondering...how big is his role...does he sing a lot? Is he nerdy? Preppy? Too cool for school?! Any help would be much appreciated!

writerscut

Thanks for that Tish, it helped on the little part where they asked what part you wanted. I auditioned last night and it went well, callbacks are tomorrow and we'll be notified later this week...I'll let you know!

writerscut

I just got a call from the director, and...he wants me to come back on Wednesday! Wow, I'm excited...

writerscut

Thanks guys, you've been really helpful...I just got back from callbacks, and...it was ugly! I had to get up with the five other guys, and we each had to sing this really high song! Now, keep in mind, I have a low voice. So when they get to me, I begin to sing, and the woman asks if I can go higher...I respond no. She then asks me to put the book away, and moves onto the next person. Well needless to say my face was beat red and my dignity crushed...and the guys who all managed to hit those high notes are extremely bitter towards me...especially since I beat them for a role in The Lion in Winter. Hm...it was an interesting experience, thought I'd keep you posted...and I sware, those other boys cut off their balls, I have no idea how their voices got that high! ;)

writerscut

My pants were a little stiff, the annoying feel of new jeans...of course having tight pants wouldn't have helped me any when we had to dance...that was bad too...;)

writerscut

Just got a call from the director, and...you can now refer to me as HUGO PEABODY! I got the role!
:party :party :party :party :party

writerscut

Thanks Cindy...I'm pretty thouroughly exhausted from my immediate excitement...

Yeshanu

:jump Woo hoo! You're a real star now, writerscut!

Congrats! :clap :clap :clap

CindyBidar

Hey, can you send me an autograph now, so when you're famous I can say "I knew him when..." :grin

writerscut

Thanks guys, I am excited...ever since discovering the local community theatre in May when I was in Lion in Winter, I've been in heaven. When I lived in Milwaukee, there was plenty of theatre oppurtunities, so I was a bit depressed moving up north, but it all worked! ;)

absolutewrite

HOORAY, HUGO! :snoopy

I did Bye Bye Birdie a looooong time ago, but I don't remember it well.

I would like to live vicariously through you, if that's OK with you. My first love is the theatre and I had to quit when I became agoraphobic, but once it's in your blood, you can never really forget it. Someday I'll find my way back to the stage, someday...

Pthom

Break a leg!

...and thank Thespis you don't have to refer to the production as "that Scottish play."

writerscut

I just found out the director's daughter plays Kim...my girlfriend. Ugh, can't stand that girl...I can't believe she got the part, she was terrible at auditions! It's rigged...excuse my mindless ramblings, I'm a little tired...

ritinrider

I'll add my congrats too. You've got more guts than me <shakes her head in wonder>, you risk rejection live and in person. Ohhh, not me. But I'm glad you like it and got the part.

Nita

Yeshanu

I just found out the director's daughter plays Kim...my girlfriend. Ugh, can't stand that girl...I can't believe she got the part, she was terrible at auditions! It's rigged...excuse my mindless ramblings, I'm a little tired...

Welcome to show biz, writerscut! :ack

writerscut

Argh...:ack The real acting challenge is acting like I'm madly in love with her...;) Well, I am drunk most of the second act...from milk. I guess that will help...

Status
Not open for further replies.